1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** Official Bitcoin Price Discussion Thread ***

Discussion in 'Crypto Currency & Mining' started by morguk, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Lokken86

Mobster

I don't think it's going down. In fact I'm almost sure its going to go past $2000 soon. Maybe $2200 or something. I'm still amateur but looks like Bitcoin has broken out to the upside on technical analysis. The alt bubble is fading away too which should help push Bitcoin up Imo.

Oh and one last thing I forgot. Bitcoin dominance over alts has gone below 50% for the first time ever and quite rapidly so if I were to guess this will probably take a bounce up. If it can get back to even 60-70% most likely bitcoin could get near $3000.

2. silversurfer

Capodecina

This seems generally true since Feb, wait a bit and it'll go up again. It did break that 1780 level, its very impressive how quick it comes back if it holds 1780 I presume it will build and pass 1892 and 2000 itself as paper walls only. Since price varies by nation 2000 is not anything significant by itself

The alt coin thing is related to delays and higher fees that bitcoin has. I find firms wanting more then a dollar from me to send BTC, its losing competitiveness if they dont find some solution. Inefficiency will always be resolved eventually in favour of the majority, at least in a free market

[​IMG]

3. Karateyid

Wise Guy

just over £1470this morning.. wish I'd bought back in earlier when it dropped to £1300 after selling at £1360 had thought it would dip a bit more but its gone the other way again. Live n learn

4. purplesky

Gangster

Well, the bigger the bubble, the bigger it bursts.

5. Lokken86

Mobster

Doesn't seem to be a Bitcoin bubble yet. Its getting there.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  6. Simon

Capodecina

£1500 a bitcoin. Nuts

7. Trig

Mobster

Peaked at $1903 on BTC-E...

8. Brenn47

Wise Guy

That bloke who threw away an old hard-drive full of £3m of bitcoins before they hit it big time must be kicking himself now! He spent months digging around in the local refuse tip to find nothing.

9. Greebo

Caporegime

Wasnt that when the were worth only £600? so would be £7.5m now

10. Brenn47

Wise Guy

Yeah, it was quite a while ago when bitcoin was in its infancy. He'd be minted now!

11. Lokken86

Mobster

I'd still be in that skip looking for it now.

12. Karateyid

Wise Guy

would be enough to make really sick to the pit of your stomach that.

13. Trig

Mobster

If you didnt have it you didnt lose it, I'm not bothered if BTC goes to the moon or to the center of the earth, when I was mining I wasn't paying for the electric and the cost fo the 270x's doesn't bother me as I still have the card and its been put to good use in other PC's since I stopped..
    I could get upset over the fact that had I held my LTC it'd now be worth shed loads more, but there's no point..

14. Lokken86

Mobster

You still got something for the litecoin though which is good. I actually bought my AMD Fury with Bitcoins when they were like $300 but I don't mind that's just what happens.

15. silversurfer

Capodecina

If nobody used them to transmit value, just held then you can be certain they'd be almost worthless. This year is going to be some turmoil in bitcoin as it has to change its protocol I think, it cant just ignore that its hitting limits. Either bitcoin does something or other coins will do it for them and in that case maybe bitcoin is replaced. So just hold and forget is likely not the best idea, I dont think the original designer intended blockchain to be a static thing and maybe it was anticipated to transform

16. illuz

Mobster

$2065 right now on Finex and Google trends is rocketing. Keep hold of them coins for at least another month or two.

17. bimbleuk

Wise Guy

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  18. silversurfer

Capodecina

I think it was tradable that'd it pass round number apprehension and to buy before 2000 and sell after, I was thinking about 10% beyond 2000 shouldnt be any surprise.

Big market trader and author I've roughly followed for a long time says he sees a chart that'll let him buy back cheaper. Since he is solid, way more experienced and I know he has a good natural gift for spotting trends it'd be foolish for me to ignore a valid view, so just passing the info onto my fellow technocrats :)

Personally I will not duplicate the trade, Ive already exchanged to gold at least some and I'm happy that I was correct in Feb to hold but never kept 100% anyhow. But I'll take a hard look at charts etc

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  19. bimbleuk

Wise Guy

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  20. Lokken86

Mobster

Well I finally bought some new hardware with a little of my BTC since to me it's starting to look lofty and due a correction. Can't help but see a massive red candle looming over the horizon. I'm probably going to start to hedge my stuff now but long run I'm still looking for BTC to go higher. Just not this fast.