1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** Official Bitcoin Price Discussion Thread ***

Discussion in 'Crypto Currency & Mining' started by morguk, Dec 28, 2016.

1. 413x

Capodecina

I think going to be below 1k soon enough

2. Combat Fighter

Mobster

OK Mr negative.

:p

3. 413x

Capodecina

Much been my view from the downturn.
    Wish it was negative. Should have put a bet on it

4. Bigpops

Mobster

Bitmex.com, create an account, send over some BTC, short with leverage and profit?

Speaking of which, does anyone use Bitmex to hedge their position? By that, I mean send say 1/10th your portfolio's BTC value over to bitmex, then go short with 10x leverage when there are signs of a down turn coming. You could even do it with 100x leverage, but you'd be liquidated if the price went up 1%.

5. Telecaster

Suspended

Really? You don't tell us often enough, please tell us more.

6. ScarySquirrel

Capodecina

I know it's not big money but I have about £60 of BTC in a wallet on my computer, what's the best way to sell it to get real cash in my bank?

7. Jokester

Don

Either Coinbase or Localbitcoins.

8. James 3.142

Gangster

Coinbase. Now they accept GBP transfers in/out you can do it the good old fashioned way with your normal bank account number and sort code.

No faffing around with SEPA, revolt etc

9. Jokester

Don

Coinbase have a £2 transfer fee when withdrawing just so you are aware.

10. Armageus

Don

Any issues doing this? (heard scare stories historically about bank accounts being frozen with SEPA transfers/and or as soon as crypto is mentioned)

11. Jokester

Don

I did a big transfer the other day. No problem, it’s UK to UK now so shouldn’t have any issues.

12. DarrenM343

Mobster

Might get a call from bank to confirm transaction. Looks dodgy probably if doing immediately after the £2 verification amount, I had a call when I did it. Much better than via revolut now, less hassle

13. Borgo

Associate

I'm of course not a professional, but honestly when you look at that chart we only see lower lows and lower highs. I strongly believe we will be going down to 1000-4000$ area. Bubbles have to correct dramatically. And by dramatically I mean 95-99%. Once everyone has lost last hope and sold, only then market will be able to recover and go up. We can expect this at next halving in 2020. For now it looks like 2014 bear market all over again. Just zoom the chart out and you will see what I mean.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018 at 10:34 AM
  14. Jokester

Don

That’s my gut feeling as well, not expecting any real recovery from the low (which I believe is still to come) until late next year.

15. silversurfer

Capodecina

I agree selling must be exhausted but not every participant in the market is coming from the same place, or has the same age depth to their experience with Bitcoin. Obviously the level people are holding at varies, theres going to be some who still kept from 100.
    9 months would be a quick turn around, also a possible spike down which is quickly corrected might mark a bottom or it could just flat line for a year. I guess some of the deleveraging is taking part in alt coins

16. Th0nt

Soldato

There are far more people involved now than in 2014. If it dips again to a new low then it will be clearing out more miners for sure. I dont think however it will take 9+ months to recover.

17. Ladi

Associate

How does it really work? Do I have trade or can I just invest cash in my account and leave it there?

18. Mynight

Soldato

Either or both if you want. Invest if you believe it'll go up. Trade if you think you can get lucky.

Invest some and set aside a small amount for trading if you want to give it a go.

As always only invest what you won't miss.

19. DarrenM343

Mobster

Rubbish IMO. Just someones opinion. Not even a mention of Tether for example :). Gave up reading shortly into it. The bible talk was enough to put me off to be honest.
    Nobody knows 100%. People would be foolish to believe a completely fair playing field exists at the moment and especially in the past, IMO. Until the exchanges etc are fully regulated as per other financial services/instituions one must assume with money brings greed and likely foul play.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018 at 12:15 PM
  20. AKAK

Gangster

The BTC manipulation is a popular tabloid article. As far as I know all markets are manipulated for profit.

Personally I expect the $6k floor to hold.