1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** Official Bitcoin Price Discussion Thread ***

Discussion in 'Crypto Currency & Mining' started by morguk, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Minusorange

Mobster

2. MrWhippy

Wise Guy

Ah yes, I've confused the military time zone with 24 hour analogue clocks, which I've only ever seen used in a military setting.

3. EssexBoy

Hitman

How low can she go

[​IMG]

4. silversurfer

Capodecina

zulu is very close to UTC I think, USA military time or NATO uses that I think. MIght have been Zebra time when UK was in charge pre war

[​IMG]

Its challenged both tops and bottom prices a few times but its not lost the inter month up trend. Very short term I guess some bounce but it should be testing lows a bit more imo ie. circa 10k at least but i often miss the forest for the trees on the spirit of the move, till broken thats up

Lower high should we close out day here is bearish enough to take note

5. Bigpops

Mobster

I spent my last bit of fiat on coinbase at £9394. Hopefully that will turn out to be a good buy. So far so good. It was brutal to watch happening.

6. EssexBoy

Hitman

Red morning :D

7. Bigpops

Mobster

Nasty. Bitcoin looks bad, but altcoins look horrendous.

8. kindai

Soldato

We've clearly bottomed out, on the way up we go.

*locks in a short*

9. SlyReaper

Soldato

This clearly happened because you stopped making bearish predictions. :p

I'm slightly dischuffed, because one of my automatic weekly buys went in just before it dumped. Only a £25 buy, but still. Turns out even cost-averaging, you can mis-time the market.

10. kindai

Soldato

Haha ok here you go then.

A whale just "claimed" a 9000btc short order.

Down we go as he sells off over the next few days.

11. Bigpops

Mobster

When was it that someone claimed a 20K BTC short recently? Was that before the dump, or before the pump?

12. muon

Capodecina

65% dominance now. Crushing it.

13. kindai

Soldato

Before the dump.

Claiming a short closes it off without putting in a buy order as you effectively buy the position out with your own money. Its a great way to get a lot of bitcoin ready to sell without effecting the market, particularly with such huge positions.

14. Telecaster

Mobster

Alt coin massacre! I had a small amount of BTC that was mined at around $4k so I topped up my Cardano seeing as it's tanked so hard, I think the ratio was pretty good @ 560 sats, it hasn't been that low for almost 2 years.

That's all the BTC I had though, I'm now firmly in the - 'all my eggs in the ALT basket' - camp *gulp*.

15. Rroff

Man of Honour

Donald Trump is not amused:

I half expect that to spike the value just out of people spiting him. On the other hand I suspect he is starting to realise its impact when it comes to sanctions.

16. Jokester

Don

^^

Nice little rebound today!

17. wesimmo

Wise Guy

Could you hide movements of BTC that would be of the size required for the purpose of avoiding sanctions?

Surely that amount of money moving would be easily identifiable and then watched?

18. Bigpops

Mobster

For large transactions on bitcoin, there's a twitter account that posts all of them over a certain amount, and for all major cryptos as well as the top 100 ERC-20 tokens. https://twitter.com/whale_alert

19. wesimmo

Wise Guy

And I assume if there were a huge number of small transactions there'd also be someone who'd spot it?

20. Rroff

Man of Honour

That is a simplified way to look at it. Amongst other factors sanctions are often not just intended as direct measures against a government but to put pressure on the citizens of a country in the hope they will then put pressure on their leadership to change their ways - if individual businesses, etc. within a country can utilise bitcoin to take that pressure off them then it weakens the impact of those sanctions. Activities designed to work around sanctions won't just be one direct block of one dimensional transactions and another aspect is that current ways often rely on cash (or goods equivalent) transactions due to loss of access to global financial systems, etc. which are exposed to intermediate parties in a way using bitcoin wouldn't be.