1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** Official Bitcoin Price Discussion Thread ***

Discussion in 'Crypto Currency & Mining' started by morguk, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Trusty

Capodecina

I was thinking about the mining companies, if something goes wrong with them, the network is open for attack.

2. kindai

Soldato

Look at where the money is flowing, ill save you the donkey work, its not coming into bitcoin. Money is just sloshing between people already in there. This run is unsustainable unless we get more outside money coming in.

3. kindai

Soldato

Generous case to allow money to start moving in pre-halvening.

The pullback ive done to 50% of the recent run is generously bullish, I think if we dip below 8k even shortly a deeper pullback to 786 ($6k) and wicking 886 ($5100) of the entire high is likely.

[​IMG]

4. wesimmo

Mobster

This is where crypto is generally I think.

It's basically a load of people at a poker table, some are winners some are losers, but unless more people sit down at that table then not everybody can get rich.

5. Bluecube

Wise Guy

Seems to be ticking up nicely at the moment. Could be a slow pile in to profit from the halfening.

6. 413x

Capodecina

Don't think so.
    The whole market is up.

My Bch is up 80 in a month

7. Bluecube

Wise Guy

Just noticed that too. That surely means that it’s new money entering the markets?

8. 413x

Capodecina

Might be entering a new bubble.
    Agreed it must be. I don't know if it's now too late for me to add more cash.

I have 10 bch But the risk of a fall to any new money is high.

9. Jokester

Don

Might not be new money merely people are tending to hold/buy more relative to those selling. Can usually see a downward spike in Tether when there’s an upward movement of everything else.

10. Th0nt

Soldato

Tether manipulating for years, I would not use it as a sole gauge on market sentiment.

11. KiNgPiN83

Mobster

Exactly, someone has to be the poor ******* sat there at the end of the night with empty pockets. I honestly think that the last big run where it hit 20k has burnt enough people that it will take a while for anyone new to get involved. My work colleague had friends dropping thousands into the bigger alts, buying Bitcoin miners etc and they literally had no understanding of what crypto was, how it works etc. Basically they just thought it would be easy money... Not sure how many of them got out before it dropped but it wouldn't surprise me if they are still holding onto them now.

The biggest oof more me however was the same colleague along with a couple of guys in our German office had signed up to one of those schemes where it was supposed to make x amount per day, you got an extra x amount for a referral etc etc. And to be honest, whole the price was rising it did go up and i saw it going up in their little consoles. However, when the drop came the balances slowly dropped their way down, withdrawls got blocked and basically they were told unless the BTC value gets back up to £10k or something you wont get anything back... (It all worked out on the value you bought in at i think?) I stopped asking him whether he'd got anything back after a while as i think it just brought back bad memories for him! Lol! However i'm pretty sure the guy in the German office had dropped about 5k into this scheme. (My colleague about 1k i think..)

12. Th0nt

Soldato

That has been around for generations termed as far back as the 1800's, they are called ponzi schemes and not just a crypto issue.

13. Bigpops

Mobster

Well, with the weekly close over $9550 (and well over), the 7 month down trend is officially over as we made a higher high. Every time that's happened before, it's lead to a medium or long term bull market and the opposite is also true for a bear market. This already happened on CME futures on friday, and on Litecoin 2 weeks ago. Once again, Litecoin lead the market just like in 2019.

I still need some pull backs before I buy any more. I'm not buying unless there's been at least a 10% drop. Looking at it, I really should be buying ETH or LTC or something though.

14. Th0nt

Soldato

Was thinking same @Bigpops I converted to USDT hoping for a big enough drop to buy back in waiting for the next run upwards, am hoping I dont bungle this up.

15. illuz

Mobster

We're not going to crack the 5 figure mark with ease, just hold on. Anything under 10k is worth it imo (with a 2 year outlook)

16. Jokester

Don

Woooosh!

17. Th0nt

Soldato

Ffs. lol.

18. 413x

Capodecina

Feels like a much more stable growth this time.

Not sure what is causing it but it feels less like a pyramid scheme (even though it is)

No idea whether to deviate from bitcoin cash or not. Still feel crypto is 'crypto'

19. Jokester

Don

Crypto isn't a pyramid scheme.

20. uncle_rufus

Mobster

Yeah indeed... there have been some projects in the crypto space that have behaved with elements of a pyramid scheme (some of the ICOs where they have the whole "get friends to sign up as well to unlock bonuses" type setup) but not the entire thing :p