1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** Official Bitcoin Price Discussion Thread ***

Discussion in 'Crypto Currency & Mining' started by morguk, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Trig

Mobster

Where are you guys seeing a jump, I'm watching coinbase as that's what I use to switch cash/btc, showing £7,100/BTC at the mo..

2. Jokester

Don

?

We're not seeing a jump? Previous halvings have taken months before the price started to rocket, that's if it does the same this time - if anything price might drop a bit first as well.

3. SixTwoSix

Capodecina

I've sat on a few grands worth of bitcoin since the last spike, happy to carry on :)

4. Jokester

Don

I'm including a 6 month waiting list on getting the order delivered from the factory in that :D

5. SixTwoSix

Capodecina

Tbh, if we see similar rises to the last few halvenings, it'll be my mortgage deposit sorted. I don't think we will though, it's too expected at this point and will be manipulated to hell.

6. Jokester

Don

Can’t hold back the tide! But no, not expecting it to have the same sort of increase as last time even if does follow the same trajectory.

7. illuz

Mobster

Call me nuts but I still think 6 figure coin will happen within the next ~3 years. I was also told by people on this forum in 2015 to sell up, it's done, it's finished. Sticking by my guns and continuing to buy in the low 3 figure value has done me very well. Hold and have patience, nobody gets rich overnight with this - patience rewards though :D

8. neoboy

Capodecina

I just need another alt coin season so can dump my XRP which was only meant to be a quick flip before BTC started running away again.

9. Trig

Mobster

12k would have been nice, think it'll stay in the 7-8k region for a while yet.

10. Bigpops

Mobster

Coins mined in the first month bitcoin's existence have moved for the first time.

Last edited: May 25, 2020 at 1:56 PM
  11. SlyReaper

Soldato

I've heard the address with those coins is one of the ones Craig Wright (Faketoshi) claims is his. He claimed in a Florida court that these addresses are held under something called the Tulip Trust, which meant they couldn't be accessed. Craig Wright is potentially on the hook for perjury now. Interesting times. High probability a Bitcoin old-timer did it just to screw Craig over.

Still a slim possibility it actually was Craig who moved those coins, in which case he'll most likely have to send from that address again to prove it.

12. MadMossy

Soldato

10 years ago today was the first time bitcoin was used to purchase something. Sure you all know the story.

2 Large pizzas bought for 10,000 BTC on the 22nd May 2010. Today's value £74,100,000.

13. Combat Fighter

Soldato

For that money that must be some tasty pizza.

14. Trig

Mobster

Doesn't even warrant thinking about does it, still, at the time it wasn't worth as much as it is now, let alone what it would have been at peak..

15. wedrum

Mobster

Wow that is just crazy

16. Telecaster

Mobster

I wonder how many more pizzas the shop sold for BTC and whether the owner kept any or just cashed them out instantly.

17. wedrum

Mobster

Is there a low coming again to buy into ?

I know it's an ask

18. silversurfer

Capodecina

Put a buy order out for 8k and wait a while might be a fair guess, hard to say it'd move more then that but thats just in the realms of a normal move after this rise.

The shop wasnt handling the BTC, it was a transfer between two people and one of them had vouchers to use up perhaps so he took the BTC and ordered the pizza for others. The coins moving from 2009 is highly unusual and at least 10 went to an exchange so why now, maybe they got ill who knows. Its not related to Satoshi imo but surely only so many people knew of BTC just after launch.

19. DarrenM343

Mobster

For sure? Who knows. But I think there's a good chance of that atm without an impulsive move upwards. I'd rather buy over about $10700 than at current price, unless focus on longer time frame.

Last edited: May 23, 2020 at 9:34 AM
  20. dowie

Caporegime

Some details on this here, apparently the address was in a preliminary list but not a later one:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/crai...g-satoshi-coins-leaving-him-in-legal-catch-22