1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

Official Catalyst 9.12

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by w311zy, 17 Dec 2009.

1. nV_Jason

Associate

Im not one to whine about things, but since ive installed these drivers ive had no end of lockups with my pc :/ basically most games i play will randomly lock up and you cant get to windows, so it requires a manual reboot to getting it working again. May go back to 9.11's...

2. toon_mad

Mobster

Drivers are perfect, been playing Dirt 2 earlier with them, no performance issues at all on ultra high, 8x AA, 1680x1050 res :)

3. Final8y

Capodecina

Some you who are having issues have put your set-ups back to stock cpu clocks & ram timings just in case its having an effect with the new drivers ?.

4. RizlaKing

Wise Guy

My system is oc'd on the cpu and i have never had a problem with any of the drivers i have installed although i went from 9.10 to 9.12 didn't bother with 9.11. I also just install them over the old ones and so far not a single problem but clearly there are people who are having problems and it can't all be down to user error although with some it will be.

5. mmj_uk

Caporegime

These drivers were all hype and very little substance, hopefully 10.1 are a considerable improvement.

6. hyperst

Mobster

one thing to note is they dont play nice with fraps on my pc, causes dirt 2 to stutter for me if fraps is running

7. MeMeMeMe

Mobster

Ah, yes, that's my problem too - the stuttering doesn't happen if FRAPS isn't running.

8. STutheTerrorisT

Gangster

Downloaded and installed over 9.10.. No issues and working nicely with my 4870x2 on Vista64.. Gaming seems to be smoother than 9.10's were.. Chuffed :)

9. w311zy

PermaBanned

Well after a full format of windows 7 x64 Battlefield 2 still wont load with 9.12 and the hotfix. When i try to boot it up the screen goes black as normal then flashes black then back to desktop... I am running on a 1080P panasonic PZ82..

10. aj2703

Associate

Does GTA4 work on win7 with these drivers..?

11. hyperst

Mobster

try right click then run as administrattor

12. w311zy

PermaBanned

I turned UAC off and even still try right clicking.... Doing my head in big time. :mad:

13. chaosophy

Wise Guy

If you did a clean windows install and a full re-install of BF2 + patches then this may not work but normally when you get this issue with BF2 you can try...

Delete any folders in "\Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache\"
    Search "\Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\" for any "video.con" files and open them.
    Look for this line "VideoSettings.setResolution [email protected]"
    And try changing it to the res and refresh you want to use.
    If that doesn't work try something else that your monitor supports or try something standard like [email protected]

I've tried BF2 with the 9.12 hotfix drivers here and it loads ok.

14. unknownsock

Wise Guy

Yup, Nvidia have never had bad drivers.
    Ever.
    :rolleyes:

Last edited: 21 Dec 2009
  15. toon_mad

Mobster

As said earlier, mine work perfect, the only problem i have is i force vsync in the CCC and some games dont run with it like Burnout, so i get horrible screen tearing :mad:

16. Busa

Wise Guy

Installed these...had 3 BSOD and logitech profiler stopped working...rolled back to previous drivers now.

17. Khrest

Wise Guy

I seem to be getting along fine with these... Apart form a lack of AA in Empire TW and the giant mouse cursor issue sometimes. But that is from a complete re-install of Win7 due to my upgrade last week...

18. hyperst

Mobster

twice today on 9.12's dirt 2 executable has stopped responding, never had this with 9.11's

19. toon_mad

Mobster

no problems with mine, just cant seem to force vsync on games like burnout, looks horrible with it off :o

20. chronic86

PermaBanned

strange my bf2 works fine with the drivers, same os spec in sig!