• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Official Catalyst 9.12

Soldato
What i really dont get is how come xbox 360 and ps3 dosnt need constant updates and hotfixes, why is pc gaming so different, its like were going backwards and things just get worse and worse with any new game or driver release, something is allways messed up with pc gaming, yet i can go and get dirt 2 for xbox 360 tommorow in the knowledge i can put it in a 4 year old machine and it will play fine.

because the 360 is one machine like every other 360, once the game is tested for issues / problems and passes then it will work the same with all other 360s, a PC can be configured with 1000s of parts / software / operating systems etc...

Associate
What i really dont get is how come xbox 360 and ps3 dosnt need constant updates and hotfixes, why is pc gaming so different, its like were going backwards and things just get worse and worse with any new game or driver release, something is allways messed up with pc gaming, yet i can go and get dirt 2 for xbox 360 tommorow in the knowledge i can put it in a 4 year old machine and it will play fine.

My 360 asks to be updated every time i put it online or put a new game in :confused:

In all honesty, ive never experienced issues like this on nVidia cards - dont hate me, its the truth :p

Soldato
because the 360 is one machine like every other 360, once the game is tested for issues / problems and passes then it will work the same with all other 360s, a PC can be configured with 1000s of parts / software / operating systems etc...

isnt there a standard to stick to then, i thought that was what directx was about, i tryed to do this reply 2 minutes ago but my screen crashed with that dodgy vetical lines thing again, i tell you what if this dont get sorted soon i will just sell up lol

on another note is it safe to run the clock and memory at full speed in 2d mode as i dont remember if the older gen of cards such as 4850 downclocked in 2d mode,anybody know ?

Soldato

Yeah, and the game will look like turd compared to a maxxed out pc ;)

Soldato
Yeah, and the game will look like turd compared to a maxxed out pc ;)

Its supprising how good the xbox graphics are (for a four year old system;)) and on a 37 inch tv from the settee it looks fine on HD.
Remember we have cutting edge tech here in our boxes and its crash after crash for a lot of people.

So ive now created a profile to run the GPU clock at 400, and 900 on the memory in 2d mode, figers crossed this will help, one thing is when you create the profile you get your temps and speed of your second card back in ccc in crossfire (i did set the gpu and mem the same as the fist card) cards, where it was missing with 9.12s as i think it completly turns the second card off in 2d mode

Last edited:
Soldato
Well im running 9.12s on the rig in sig without any issues. Left 4 Dead 2 feels smoother and Dirt 2 doesnt have the random slowdowns when using vsync with these drivers. So far im happy with them and findng them better than 9.11s.

I was experiences the issue with my monitor turning off like other people have mentioned but that turned out to be due to my mobo bios. Was using bios 1.4 on my gd65, went back to bios the board shipped with and now no problems :)

Soldato
Had to install these drivers manually, hotfix drivers did the same. For some reason the installer doesnt continue after I click install and closes for no reason without any error message. This was working fine with the previous drivers.

Associate
Tried playing The Saboteur with these, coupled with the new game update, and they absolutely cripple the frame rate.. not that's its playable anyway with the massive amount of texture flicker still occuring.

This game works ok for me with the drivers since the patch, frame rate stays around 60fps

Soldato
I think everyone needs to make sure they are updating correctly, uninstall drivers, restart, install new, restart again. I also didnt bother with the hotfix, just grabbed the 9.12 drivers off the amd site.

Only problems i have is as said before, cant seem to force Vsync in games, found a workaround though as some games config.ini's can be edited.

Soldato
You can just install straight over the top, don't even have to reboot then. No point going through all the faff of uninstalling and multiple reboots.

yes, you probably can do it this way, i prefer restarting, least then any temp files are flushed.

i read somewhere though with these cards you can just install over the top.

oh well, i restart it anyway :p

Soldato
yes, you probably can do it this way, i prefer restarting, least then any temp files are flushed.

i read somewhere though with these cards you can just install over the top.

oh well, i restart it anyway :p

It's nothing to do with the cards really, it's the driver model Windows 7/Vista use.

WDDM also allows the graphic hardware to be reset or unplugged without a proper reboot. In practice, a driver update should not necessitate a reboot.

I always just install over the top and have no issues.

Associate
I just got 2 x 5770 in Xfire.

They work really well in everything but Dirt 2 which crashes at the "option" menu and crashes back to the desktop.

I have installed 9.12 drivers and the hotfix but still the same issue??

Can anyone help??

Thx. :)

Soldato
I just got 2 x 5770 in Xfire.

They work really well in everything but Dirt 2 which crashes at the "option" menu and crashes back to the desktop.

I have installed 9.12 drivers and the hotfix but still the same issue??

Can anyone help??

Thx. :)

go to start , type 'My Games' in the search, click it, go into DiRT2, go into Hardewaresettings, and delete both files inside then close and restart the game;)

Associate
bro has win7, just installed these for him a couple of days ago, he rang me today complaining that when the comp reaches desktop the fan is too loud, i checked it out and ccc is putting the fan at 50% and manual fan control is ticked? this was not a problem with the drivers that were on the disc. installed hotfix too, any ideas. will have to go with afterburner if nobody has a fix

Back
Top Bottom