• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Official Catalyst 9.12

Soldato
Just tried resident evil 5 benchmark with 9.12 drivers and ati 5770 and it does return 3-5FPS better performance than 9.11 drivers depending on the benchmark run (3gps = fixed, 5fps = variable) at 1920*1200.

However, only ran one benchmark of the 9.11 drivers and 9.12 drivers on STALKER Pripyat and with 9.12 it was worse pretty much across the board (min fps lower, lower average fps, lower max fps. I think only one or two plots on the graph were slightly higher with the 9.12`s (again the benchmark was run at 1920*1200).

Associate
This is the most annoying issue with the 9.12 Hotfix drivers. No ammount of enabling/disabling crossfire or overdrive fixes it:

Capture-1.png

Also, the 9.12 hotfix drivers remember your old settings somehow so catylyst settings are saved even after a complete uninstall. I DO NOT LIKE THIS. I DO NOT LIKE A MESSY INSTALL THAT LEAVES STUFF IN MY REGISTRY :(

Soldato
Wish i stuck with nvidia cards, i heard ati was pretty rubbish with there drivers but this is a joke, i downloaded them 9.12's and no games start, just big black screen, uninstalled afterburner etc before install aswell.

Ahh gonna have to go back to 9.11 which is not so good, but useable at least

Caporegime
i've just installed 9.12 and my sound now no longer works... and vantage won't even load.

rolling back to 9.11 to make sure it works...............

5 series card, if so, did you try switching the sound back to your soundcard first in Windass, as sometimes when installing the drivers, it switches over to the HDMI on the card.

Drivers are working perfect for me, official 9.12's.

Also, the 9.12 hotfix drivers remember your old settings somehow so catylyst settings are saved even after a complete uninstall. I DO NOT LIKE THIS. I DO NOT LIKE A MESSY INSTALL THAT LEAVES STUFF IN MY REGISTRY :(

I thought that was normal, as everytime ive installed new drivers, the 3D Settings, Saturation etc.... are always set the same as my previous set, so i don't have to mess on re doing em. :)

Last edited:
Associate
Installed them and so far borderlands, arma2 and resident evil 5 all smoother so i am a happy bunny:) these were the official 9.12's off amd's site not installed hotfix yet as i don't see any need too.

Soldato
This is the most annoying issue with the 9.12 Hotfix drivers. No ammount of enabling/disabling crossfire or overdrive fixes it:

Capture-1.png

It's not in the registry, it's in a ATI folder hidden in your documents folder - local settings - applications settings - ACE.

Soldato
Anyone got an issue with the 9.12 with call of duty modern warefare 2? when i get flashed after the screen goes from white to normal the screen flickering lines are on my screen so i cannot see properly it last for about 4 seconds, it does not do this on the 9.11.

Associate
Installed the official driver and vantage has increased from 12k to 13k, Janes 'jiggle' looks even better!
Much the same overwise, not much of a performance boost in Crysis and Unigine Heaven, although on Stalker COP the frames are the same(ish) APART from the Night minimum which has doubled!!

Soldato
I can confirm they work, i uninstalled and restarted as i always do before installing but somehow got conflicts, did a clean go again and its working. (got them of the amd official site, not the hotfix)

only problem im getting is burnout crashes in game after a couple of minutes, but i suspect nothing to do with the drivers.

Associate
well let me see was you sitting in front of my system when i ran 3x 3d marks then was you in front of it again after i installed 9.12 drivers and ran another 3x 3d marks.NO DIDN'T THINK SO CLEARY YOU HAVE SOME SELF CONFIDENCE ISSUES TRYING TO LOOK CLEVER ON A FORUM.
Haha no i don't have a SELF CONFIDENCE ISSUES and wasn't TRYING TO LOOK CLEVER i was just saying

Back
Top Bottom