1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

Official Catalyst 9.12

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by w311zy, 17 Dec 2009.

1. DarrenM343

Soldato

Just tried resident evil 5 benchmark with 9.12 drivers and ati 5770 and it does return 3-5FPS better performance than 9.11 drivers depending on the benchmark run (3gps = fixed, 5fps = variable) at 1920*1200.

However, only ran one benchmark of the 9.11 drivers and 9.12 drivers on STALKER Pripyat and with 9.12 it was worse pretty much across the board (min fps lower, lower average fps, lower max fps. I think only one or two plots on the graph were slightly higher with the 9.12`s (again the benchmark was run at 1920*1200).

2. drunkenmaster

Caporegime

The most important thing of all, the hotfix, random uber big mouse cursor has gone, yippee.

Such a weird, stupid and incredibly annoying bug.

3. Mr Paul

Soldato

Hotfix is working just fine here, not particularly quicker, but working ok :)

4. Alfie

Wise Guy

This is the most annoying issue with the 9.12 Hotfix drivers. No ammount of enabling/disabling crossfire or overdrive fixes it:

[​IMG]

Also, the 9.12 hotfix drivers remember your old settings somehow so catylyst settings are saved even after a complete uninstall. I DO NOT LIKE THIS. I DO NOT LIKE A MESSY INSTALL THAT LEAVES STUFF IN MY REGISTRY :(

5. w311zy

PermaBanned

What res are you playing at and what monitor ?

Cheers

6. toon_mad

Mobster

Wish i stuck with nvidia cards, i heard ati was pretty rubbish with there drivers but this is a joke, i downloaded them 9.12's and no games start, just big black screen, uninstalled afterburner etc before install aswell.

Ahh gonna have to go back to 9.11 which is not so good, but useable at least

7. RavenXXX2

Capodecina

It's not the drivers! it's YOU.;)

8. Jabbs

Sgarrista

Every game i have run work fine on these drivers, can't see the issues with them.

9. Alfie

Wise Guy

This thread should be closed unless people tell us if they are using the official WHQL 9.12's or the Hotfix version.

Very annoying.

10. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

5 series card, if so, did you try switching the sound back to your soundcard first in Windass, as sometimes when installing the drivers, it switches over to the HDMI on the card.

Drivers are working perfect for me, official 9.12's.

I thought that was normal, as everytime ive installed new drivers, the 3D Settings, Saturation etc.... are always set the same as my previous set, so i don't have to mess on re doing em. :)

Last edited: 18 Dec 2009
  11. RizlaKing

Wise Guy

Installed them and so far borderlands, arma2 and resident evil 5 all smoother so i am a happy bunny:) these were the official 9.12's off amd's site not installed hotfix yet as i don't see any need too.

12. Martini1991

Caporegime

5760 x 1080 high 27 FPS average, Crysis.
    Lul's.

13. Mr Paul

Soldato

It's not in the registry, it's in a ATI folder hidden in your documents folder - local settings - applications settings - ACE.

14. drunkenmaster

Caporegime

As he said, all settings are there, unless you do a full uninstall and sometimes need to delete the folder yourself, they'll be there, nothing to do with registry.

15. Alfie

Wise Guy

ok, sorted. the 9.11 uninstall removes the ACE folder and the 9.12 uninstall does not.

16. dmxdex2020

Mobster

Anyone got an issue with the 9.12 with call of duty modern warefare 2? when i get flashed after the screen goes from white to normal the screen flickering lines are on my screen so i cannot see properly it last for about 4 seconds, it does not do this on the 9.11.

17. Bradmax57

Sgarrista

Yep, will that be the problem?

18. Mangochutney

Hitman

Installed the official driver and vantage has increased from 12k to 13k, Janes 'jiggle' looks even better!
    Much the same overwise, not much of a performance boost in Crysis and Unigine Heaven, although on Stalker COP the frames are the same(ish) APART from the Night minimum which has doubled!!

19. toon_mad

Mobster

I can confirm they work, i uninstalled and restarted as i always do before installing but somehow got conflicts, did a clean go again and its working. (got them of the amd official site, not the hotfix)

only problem im getting is burnout crashes in game after a couple of minutes, but i suspect nothing to do with the drivers.

20. Th3D0n

Wise Guy

Haha no i don't have a SELF CONFIDENCE ISSUES and wasn't TRYING TO LOOK CLEVER i was just saying