Official Fantasy Premier League 19/20 is GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I’ve created a new League and will be happy to renew it every season from now on.

Classic League code: cgvz17

Head to Head League code: bbggp7

Last edited:
Soldato
Didn't we end up riding on the back of some other league last year? I'd prefer to go back to a proper OCUK one. Happy to set one up if there's any issues getting one of the previous leagues renewed.

Soldato
They really need to increase the money considering players values have sky rocketed since it began and the money we have has not once increased

Soldato
What do you mean? The cost in the game isn't tied to real transfer prices.

Pretty sure the average player price hasn't changed much, if at all. You've never been able to fill your team with all the most expensive players.

Associate
Thanks OP - joined both

They really need to increase the money considering players values have sky rocketed since it began and the money we have has not once increased

Thing is, the point of FPL is finding those players that are undervalued and not sticking with all the undervalued players from last season!

Soldato
I think I read that it's pretty close in terms of price rises and drops this season, more so than you'd expect. Something like 53% of players went up in value and 47% fell. Surprisingly quite a few of Spurs players went down in value, so they're potentially a decent shout, and most Chelsea and United players also went down. The frustration is that last years bargains (Wilson and Fraser, most of the Wolves team) have gone up in value and it's hard to see any of the promoted teams being great value for money.

Man of Honour
Players definitely go down in price if they aren't delivering. Look at Chelsea, I don't think I've ever known a season where they don't have any players priced over £7.5m.
Ozil, Martial, Mata, Kane, Coleman etc have all been considerably more expensive in the past.

It would be boring as hell if they increased the budget, one of the things I dislike about the Sun Dream Team was it was basically 'too easy' to get a good team packed full of stars, the whole point of FPL is looking for ways to exploit value. I'd actually like to play a variant with a tighter budget say £95m so you really feel the squeeze.

Players that were 'bargains' one year are obviously not going to be a bargain the next season. Sometimes you have to wait a year for them to drop back down and see if you still want to take a punt on them.

Aside from the usual hunt for players you think are cheap there is a bit of mileage in researching if any £4m defenders are going to be starting for their teams, e.g. I went with Wan-Bissaka last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom