***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Soldato
Anyone on a 4670k - 290 messed with the settings yet to get good looks and good performance

I've got a 4690k and a 290x? which isn't far off yours.

Everything max even the advanced graphics but haven't touched the sliders from apart MSAA x4, Reflective msaa x2 and AF x4.

Run's great, solid 60 FPS but does dip a little but it's not noticeable at all when playing.

Soldato
I am really early in the game, having only played 6 hours in total. Recived a text about the stock market. The text had a link in it.

not sure how to access the link, or about the stock market. Any clues?

Caporegime
^ Are you running at 1080p?

I have noticed a few people with 290s running on high settings but usually at 1080p, not sure if it's because of choice or that's the maximum resolution of their monitor.

My system is pretty similar to both of yours.

Soldato
I've got a 4690k and a 290x? which isn't far off yours.

Everything max even the advanced graphics but haven't touched the sliders from apart MSAA x4, Reflective msaa x2 and AF x4.

Run's great, solid 60 FPS but does dip a little but it's not noticeable at all when playing.

There's no chance you are running full max with 60fps constantly

Soldato
They need to add fast travel if it isn't in the game already. IE tube/train stations, helicopter flights for the more up market. Would make getting around less tedious when on a mission/objective as it would help to avoid the free roam trolls :)

Merry weather helicopter pickup

Soldato
Not yet but if you tell me your exact settings desired I'll test tonight and post the min, max and avg framerate!

If you wouldn't mind trying one with med settings and MSAA x2/FXAA

And the other with high settings without MSAA that'd be cool :) Would be interested to hear how you get on with each.

Really fancy getting myself a new monitor. Sounds like you're having no issues with yours at 2650x1080 but would be good to know if 3440x1440 60+ fps is possible without sacrificing the visuals too much.

Soldato
Not noticed anyone post it yet, but the iFruit app can be downloaded from Google Play store. (Probably Apple too)
PC support yet to be added but shouldn't be much longer I'd have thought.
Features Chop training, custom cars and some other things I think.

Associate
Here goes with attempting to get some info in a 100+ page thread.....

Does anyone know what the DRM requirements for GTA V are.

I know that it requires Rockstar Social Club and I think that only the Steam version requires Steam.

If the game only required Steam, then I know that Steam will (should) allow me to play offline for as long as I am without an internet connection. Now, I have read that with Rockstar Social Club, an internet connection is required for online play and features, and also for periodic entitlement checks.

This is the part that scares me. I have no use for a game that is going to turn around after 72 hours, 1 week, or even 1 month, and tell me that I can't play it until I get an internet connection. If this were to be the nature of the DRM, I would have no alternative but to acquire an 'alternative' DRM free version of the game if I really wanted to play it.

So, does anyone know how it works?

(do I have a chance of getting this answered before 100 posts bury this one into obscurity, forcing me to create my own seperate thread, only for admin to close it and direct me towards the 'Official Thread@?)

Associate
I'm running into random crashes with the game both in singleplayer and online. Game will crash with a blackscreen and have an option to debug but it makes the entire machine unusable.

Also random FPS drops which might be related. I've updated my drivers to the latest. Anyone got any ideas?

Spec:
I7-4790k @4.00Ghz
32GB RAM
2x 780 6GB
2x Samsung 940 SSD

Soldato

I know that it requires Rockstar Social Club and I think that only the Steam version requires Steam.

If the game only required Steam, then I know that Steam will (should) allow me to play offline for as long as I am without an internet connection. Now, I have read that with Rockstar Social Club, an internet connection is required for online play and features, and also for periodic entitlement checks.

This is the part that scares me. I have no use for a game that is going to turn around after 72 hours, 1 week, or even 1 month, and tell me that I can't play it until I get an internet connection. If this were to be the nature of the DRM, I would have no alternative but to acquire an 'alternative' DRM free version of the game if I really wanted to play it.

(do I have a chance of getting this answered before 100 posts bury this one into obscurity, forcing me to create my own seperate thread, only for admin to close it and direct me towards the 'Official Thread@?)

Even single player requires you to be online. This is not untypical of DRM these days.

Man of Honour
I'm running into random crashes with the game both in singleplayer and online. Game will crash with a blackscreen and have an option to debug but it makes the entire machine unusable.

Also random FPS drops which might be related. I've updated my drivers to the latest. Anyone got any ideas?

Spec:
I7-4790k @4.00Ghz
32GB RAM
2x 780 6GB
2x Samsung 940 SSD

make sure your Samsung SSD is in performance mode,
mine was in reliability mode and kept giving me BSOD

Associate

Spec:
I7-4790k @4.00Ghz
32GB RAM
2x 780 6GB
2x Samsung 940 SSD

My bro had this same issue and it was down to the downloaded files not being correct (checksum or MDS) something like that. I am not sure how it was fixed but the solution was on Reddit. Pretty sure someone on here will be able to point you on the right direction :D

Caporegime

When steam was offline rockstar gave me some error referring to steam so it must verify you own the game on steam too

Back
Top Bottom