***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Associate
Updated to latest scripthookv, all works, no mods needed updating, thanks.

About that vid you linked, is the carpack he installs emergency vehicles only? I'm after something that replaces the standard gta5 cars with real cars. I do have a vid that does this but as previously mentioned no luck with it as yet, trying again soon (now i have latest scripthookv).

LSPDFR ive had a quick read up on, it looks cool, its definitely on my radar of mods to try out.

Yeah they're all installed the same way / file path. Guess with normal cars you don't need to worry about ELS (emergency light system files).

I haven't added any no emergency cars but all vehicles are in the same file on openiv.

Just make sure with any vehicles you also install the relevant meta file as the handling lines will be wrong.

I forgot yesterday and flipped my SUV in a simple police chase. :cry:

Last edited:
Associate
Been playing around with reshade to add some life to this almost 10 year old game, there are some really nice post process effects that don't eat fps but makes the game pop, and most important can use online.

The ones I'm currently using are:

Essential
  • SMAA
  • NFAA
  • Quint debanding
  • Clarity
  • Quint sharpening
On the fence
  • Fake HDR
nwdB3Zp.jpg

Soldato
Let's not forget, GTA V was built on the previous console generations architecture. The new consoles are much more in line with todays computers. I doubt it will be a delayed release as there isn't much more development effort into it and the PC market is much more mainstream than it was 7 years ago.

Caporegime
Surely VI has to be Series S/X and PS5 consoles only? And PC obviously, hopefully with a full launch across all three platforms.

im sure it’s likely been in development since Rockstar received Series SX and PS5 dev kits so likely a couple of years, with the majority of them moving over once the next gen V port was nearly complete.

Soldato
OK :confused:

Bit early for anything specific.

Well a lot was said about Expanded and Enhanced and PC was not mentioned. It has been missing from pretty much all the blurb regarding it, however, the files for some of the features are in the last release. Just strange they are not saying anything about it. Ie free GTAO for PC as well.

Surely VI has to be Series S/X and PS5 consoles only? And PC obviously, hopefully with a full launch across all three platforms.

im sure it’s likely been in development since Rockstar received Series SX and PS5 dev kits so likely a couple of years, with the majority of them moving over once the next gen V port was nearly complete.

You would think that to be the case. The selling point for PC at the time was 60fps @ 4K, more animals etc. But if the story mode (Dan Houser left a few years ago so not sure if he will have written it) is short and sweet and their main focus will be GTAO and let's face it, PC is not the greatest experience and has cost them a fair bit LOL

Caporegime
Well a lot was said about Expanded and Enhanced and PC was not mentioned. It has been missing from pretty much all the blurb regarding it, however, the files for some of the features are in the last release. Just strange they are not saying anything about it. Ie free GTAO for PC as well.

You would think that to be the case. The selling point for PC at the time was 60fps @ 4K, more animals etc. But if the story mode (Dan Houser left a few years ago so not sure if he will have written it) is short and sweet and their main focus will be GTAO and let's face it, PC is not the greatest experience and has cost them a fair bit LOL
The PC version was hugely popular and sold millions of copies and still sells millions in shark cards too.

Soldato
The PC version was hugely popular and sold millions of copies and still sells millions in shark cards too.

No doubt about that. I don't know. I just feel they have ignored PC over the past couple of years even though PC has driven the massive twitch interest. It was number one for the past couple of years and is still number 3.
All that from RP and the use of a Mod which Take two very much discouraged and went after the creators.
As said, there is no mention of E&E for PC other than the original launch.
It might be a given that it will be available, however, that will introduce another GTAO server instance for E&E on PC and how will that work?
Saying all that. There are E&E features that can be accessed via mods already. So it is in there but seems odd that they are not presenting it.

Soldato
I suspect it won't take that long to come out on the PC as isn't the new Xbox similar in structure to PC's?

The consoles seem to be the test platforms before it has to lock everything down for the PC.

I wonder if it'll be an online only game? I noticed in the update they again have given new players a way to skip playing any of the single player offline game, and also they are bringing out an online only component. So every step with the current GTA is closing out the offline mode.

Back
Top Bottom