***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Soldato
I very much feel like E&E will just be an update on PC rather than a new edition like on consoles.
I hope so. The new colour scheme system is already in the files so there is that. So it might be as you say, just an update to E&E and everybody gets it regardless.

I suspect it won't take that long to come out on the PC as isn't the new Xbox similar in structure to PC's?

The consoles seem to be the test platforms before it has to lock everything down for the PC.

I wonder if it'll be an online only game? I noticed in the update they again have given new players a way to skip playing any of the single player offline game, and also they are bringing out an online only component. So every step with the current GTA is closing out the offline mode.
That what was missing in the blurb.

They have the online-only download for RDR2 already on PC and I was expecting them to announce that. However, it not being mentioned in the latest release just seemed odd. Other than the original post announcing E&E, PC has not been mentioned since.

Associate
I think the last update made everyone have to be CEO to do anything so people are jumping to private sessions to do that maybe. I log on once/twice a week but waiting till the patch really!

Soldato
So lots going on in the steam Database. Looks like the E&E might be a paid update.

Also, there could be a "gift" on purchase.

If it comes out as a free download of GTAO same as the consoles, I will get that. Not sure if that will have character transfer though. However, I won't be buying GTAV again even if it is on the RDR2 version of RAGE.

Soldato
The "next gen" version of GTA5 launches on March 15th with lots of improvements -

-Faster loading times.
-Increased population and traffic variety.
-Increased vegetation density.
-Improved lighting quality across shadows.
-Water reflections, and other elements.
-Improved anti-aliasing.
-Motion-blur.
-Highly detailed new explosions, fire, and much more.
-Haptic Feedback and dynamic resistance on PS5 controller.
-Tempest 3D positional audio.

Ray tracing will also be added, What type of RT is as of yet unknown but I'd hazard a guess and say reflections, Shadows and maybe RTGI, Right now it is unclear which of the above if any will be making it to PC, Maybe also DLSS and/or FSR if it does ? The Rockstar article only speaks of Xbox Series S/X and PS5 but I'm hoping PC gets this update around the same time.

https://www.rockstargames.com/newsw...months_static_learn-more&utm_content=main-img

Last edited:
Associate
The "next gen" version of GTA5 launches on March 15th with lots of improvements -

-Faster loading times.
-Increased population and traffic variety.
-Increased vegetation density.
-Improved lighting quality across shadows.
-Water reflections, and other elements.
-Improved anti-aliasing.
-Motion-blur.
-Highly detailed new explosions, fire, and much more.
-Haptic Feedback and dynamic resistance on PS5 controller.
-Tempest 3D positional audio.

Ray tracing will also be added, What type of RT is as of yet unknown but I'd hazard a guess and say reflections, Shadows and maybe RTGI, Right now it is unclear which of the above if any will be making it to PC, Maybe also DLSS and/or FSR if it does ? The Rockstar article only speaks of Xbox Series S/X and PS5 but I'm hoping PC gets this update around the same time.

https://www.rockstargames.com/newsw...months_static_learn-more&utm_content=main-img

Im now downloading this again after 2 years of being away from it just for this update...Looking forward to it :)

Think its about time tho we hear something about GTA 6

Soldato
Im now downloading this again after 2 years of being away from it just for this update...Looking forward to it :)

Think its about time tho we hear something about GTA 6

It may not be a simple update going by how much is being improved upon but an entire new download, Maybe, We'll see in a few days.

I may actually play the story now as I've only ever used the built in benchmark on PC :D

Soldato
Nothing has been mentioned regarding the OC since the first notification that E&E was happening.
So we are still unsure what exactly they are going to be doing with it for PC.

We know that there are functions that have been added to the PC files but there has been Xip mentioned by R*
Saying all that, if it is going to be a free upgrade for the PC then I am still unsure how that would work.
Will find out in ten days or not.

Soldato
Joy, I'm not triple dipping - had it on the original sexbox and PC, that's enough gouging from R* for me.

Gimme GTA6/RDR Remaster or nothing.

Well GTAO standalone will be free for a while. but there is absolutely no reason to get this if you have it on PC as it can be modded to look 100's better.

Back
Top Bottom