• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***Official HD 5800 Series Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
OP
Wow you got some beef with him lol.

Are you worried that the new ATi card will be better than your 295 meaning you wasted your money? :p

I don't really mind whats faster, I'm sticking with my 280 until new nvidia cards come out. I was put off ATi after owning a 4870 and 4870X2.

He's upset because I and a few people laughed at him for wasting his money on a 295, when a 4870X2 would have done the same at about 40% of the cost. He's still not over it unsurprisingly.

It's all irrelevant to the thread though and I don't get why he's insisting on posting in here.

He's basically asking for a holiday, he's done this once before and got suspended for a while.

He's obviously not leant.

He will continue on and hilarity will ensue as he continues to make a fool of himself.

Permabanned
OP
Any good?

iodnb7.jpg

That's an image of the 4850 and 4870 :).

Permabanned
Are you worried that the new ATi card will be better than your 295 meaning you wasted your money? :p

I don't really mind whats faster, I'm sticking with my 280 until new nvidia cards come out. I was put off ATi after owning a 4870 and 4870X2.

No I'm not worried about it being faster and having wasted money because I have had months of gaming at the highest level on a great card. I'll also wait until Nvidia bring out their offerings (and also for the X2's) to see which one is going to entertain me for another 6 months or so.

I don't think you should disregard ATi just because you had a couple of bad experiences. Like I said before, I had a good experience with my 4870X2 but decide to upgrade (yes, upgrade) to a GTX295. Truth be told I haven't had a bad experience with either company. That's why you can't accuse me of being a fanboy, like some people......Kylew, are you still here?

Last edited:
Permabanned
next time you want to start an official thread try to put some effort on it... seriously the other thread was just fine

Associate
Now now, play nice. Lets not get this thread locked before it has served its purpose.

Besides, mass shipping of the cards is not likely to start until the end of September imo.

- Shijeer

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
No I'm not worried about it being faster and having wasted money because I have had months of gaming at the highest level on a great card. I'll also wait until Nvidia bring out their offerings (and also for the X2's) to see which one is going to entertain me for another 6 months or so.

I don't think you should disregard ATi just because you had a couple of bad experiences. Like I said before, I had a good experience with my 4870X2 but decide to upgrade (yes, upgrade) to a GTX295. Truth be told I haven't had a bad experience with either company. That's why you can't accuse me of being a fanboy, like some people......Kylew, are you still here?

Fanboys have irrational reasoning, I'm one of many who have solid reasoning for disliking nVidia.

Their products are fine, their drivers are fine, they way they run business isn't, I and a lot of other people are fed up with their sneaky underhanded ways and we're more than entitled to be annoyed with them. It's still irrelevant to this thread though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom