• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Official OcUK Coffeelake review thread

Soldato
OP

I don't understand why the last review was using 2133MHZ RAM for all their systems?? I mean bog standard RAM is either 2400MHZ or 2666MHZ and interestingly enough the normal "officially" rated RAM speed for both Coffeelake and Ryzen is 2666MHZ,and its actually some of the cheapest RAM to get!!

Also added the memory scaling article to the OP too.

Soldato
OP
I do like the stuff digitalfoundry does. Answered so many question and added some clarity.

Even though the Core i5 8400/8600K had decent wins over Ryzen 5 in FarCry: Primal and The Witcher 3,I was surprised that the Ryzen 5 was still managing to show more consistency in the most demanding parts of AC:U and Crysis3. Also the Core i7 7700K still can keep up with the Core i5 CPUs even in threaded games even when both are clocked,and the HT on the Core i7 8700K seems to push it above all the other CPUs.

Associate
Yer the frame consistency on the ryzen chips is quite impressive , I’m glad they threw the 2500k into the tests at the end too .... might finally be time to put mine into retirement.

Back
Top Bottom