***OFFICIAL OcUK HWBOT OVERCLOCKING TEAM***

Soldato
Running on xp myself and have noticed a 20% increase in performance in games :)

Will be joining too and getting some scores up.

Just found out i registered years ago with hwbot and posted a superpi of around 38s :)
(on a socket A cpu though)

Soldato
Thanks Vipernet, hopefully got it right this time, was trying to do to much at once yesterday.

Right with being new to this game, a part from overclocking your PC is there other ways legally to increase your scores, pointers would be most welcome.

Soldato
new board coming soon, my 2600 is gonna have a thrashing ;)

Nice one rjk :cool: , this one has to last me a couple of years before l can upgrade to a newer model as l'm retired, but l'm still very pleased with it. Its overclocked to 4.3GHz core voltage is 1.296v underload[CPU-Z] and stable, any pointers towards getting abit more out of i7920 would be most welcome guys.

Associate
ok will slap xp onto a drive tonight and give it a go :D

Try XP on your Sandy Bridge too :) I get slightly better super-Pi scores and 3Dmark2001 is just FUN.... I got 107k with a single GTX570 and the 2600K at 5.3GHz. The nature test dod not drop bellow 999fps LOL
I found XP x64 Pro was the best for Sandy Bridge - Everything installed properly on the Asus P8P67 Pro

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
Think most of my points are from the worst cards!

i think i still hold the Vantage and 05 world records for 3850X2 crossfire
as well as the Atom Z500 world record in Wprime32m

its all about benching really obscure gear. that nets the most points.

Soldato
Soldato
i'm going to put together a machine tomorrow from scratch and see if the x1950 will work with that as i think its a driver issue.

everytime i start 3dmark after the start screen for the first test it crashes and comes up that my card doesn't have enough memory to run the benchmark. i'm using cat 10.2 legacy any ideas ?

and you were right about xp being much better than vista or 7 for this :D

Last edited:
Soldato
the x1950 gt agp isn't listed on hwbot, does this mean i'll get 2 points as i'll be the only one in the category ?

the pcie users seem to be using cat 9.3 so i'll give that a go tomorrow and see if i can get it to run :)

Soldato
i can only see the pro and xt version for the x1950 agp cards :(

does that mean i can't use it to submit scores if its not listed ?

thats some score you have with the geforce2 mx400 btw :D

Last edited:
Soldato
i can only see the pro and xt version for the x1950 agp cards :(

does that mean i can't use it to submit scores if its not listed ?

thats some score you have with the geforce2 mx400 btw :D

Hmmm... your right there is no gt, I was getting confused. I've had to ask in the forum to add a card. Usually just post up a screenshot of gpu-z or aida, check some of my posts on the hwbot forum to see what I mean.

And yeh, mx440 - Stupid autofill and forgot to change the gpu name, have changed it now. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom