Official page for the Asus VG278H now online.

Soldato
;)

Yes, I'll go ahead after Christmas. I'll have a proper chance to play with it then. Looking at who has them in stock, I might try and offer a supplier some money to give it a pixel check too.

Look forward to your comparison :)

Associate
Just got back from christmas shopping and spent quite a bit more than I had planned, so think i'll be getting this after christmas now too.

Whoever gets theirs first has to post their impressions! ;)

Associate
Please could both of you do the rest of us here a huge favour and post your impressions when they arrive?

Especially regarding the oval shaped backlight bleed issue we have heard about which apparantly appears a few days after use.

Associate
Please could both of you do the rest of us here a huge favour and post your impressions when they arrive?

Especially regarding the oval shaped backlight bleed issue we have heard about which apparantly appears a few days after use.

Will do - I feel like a child at Xmas now ;)

Associate
Thanks guys :)

I bet jumeeno! I'm pretty jealous, I really want to buy one of these monitors too.

From the looks of things the backlight issue is only affecting Canada/North America batches so I hope both of yours are problem free :)

Associate
Hello guys!

New user here who just found this great place and i have been following this thread and can tell you that I got my VG278H yesterday and so far so good, no problem at all but will keep my eye on it for the dreaded oval backlight bleeding!

I had the Benq XL2420T but dident like it at all but this screen I really love. the colours and well everything I found totaly wonderfull and crosstalk is even smaler compared to the XL2420T so im a very happy man :)

Btw I live in Sweden and the MFD says October 2011!

Associate
Hello guys!

New user here who just found this great place and i have been following this thread and can tell you that I got my VG278H yesterday and so far so good, no problem at all but will keep my eye on it for the dreaded oval backlight bleeding!

I had the Benq XL2420T but dident like it at all but this screen I really love. the colours and well everything I found totaly wonderfull and crosstalk is even smaler compared to the XL2420T so im a very happy man :)

Btw I live in Sweden and the MFD says October 2011!

Good to hear Mike! Wasn't sure whether to hold out until the XL2420T was released here, and I'd seen some user reviews - fingers crossed my VG278H order was the correct choice!

Associate
Good to hear Mike! Wasn't sure whether to hold out until the XL2420T was released here, and I'd seen some user reviews - fingers crossed my VG278H order was the correct choice!

It seems like people from Europe have much better luck with the monitor then US/Canada so I really hope that your's to will play good and I have a feeling it will so I think you did the right thing going Asus insteed of Benq as in my book this is a way better monitor in every way mate :D

Associate
It seems like people from Europe have much better luck with the monitor then US/Canada so I really hope that your's to will play good and I have a feeling it will so I think you did the right thing going Asus insteed of Benq as in my book this is a way better monitor in every way mate :D

What didnt you like about the benq? It seemed to have some nice features like the colour menu. remote control and the Black eQualizer. And the lit up touch controls. Tho i would have never concidered buying it unless they did it in a 27. But i gone through 3 monitors this year so i will stick with the asus and stop wasting money :)

Associate
What didnt you like about the benq? It seemed to have some nice features like the colour menu. remote control and the Black eQualizer. And the lit up touch controls. Tho i would have never concidered buying it unless they did it in a 27. But i gone through 3 monitors this year so i will stick with the asus and stop wasting money :)

Well it have some nice features but for me I set it once and then im set but sure it can be nice to have these features but i dont miss em on my VG278H.

The colours seems better on the Asus and well it just feels cleaner and nicer to me and as I said less Crosstalk so this is a winner and a keeper for sure and I just love 27 iches..never go back to a small 24 as you mentioned yourself :D

Last edited:
Associate
Going to buy one of these today! :D

I'd love to buy one from OCUK, but the price is way higher than everywhere else i've seen, can't justify the extra cost.

So now i've got to find a reputable seller who has them in stock for next day delivery (or delivered before christmas at least!).

Edit: Have ordered one for delivery tomorrow! Will let you all know how I get on with it :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom