• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Official RX580,RX570,RX560 and RX550 series review thread

Soldato
Well you are no better than the reason I made the comment and proven by the "Come on Gregster, stop victimizing yourself and the green fanbase." *cut*

*cut* I work hard and earn fairly decent money, so I can afford to buy the top end GPUs, so what should I be looking to buy from AMD? And this is where I dislike AMD and have a moan at them from time to time but a fanboy I am certainly not and when people start putting "Both sides have people out for blood", I cringe, as that is the kind of talk that happens in the playground of primary schools. There shouldn't be a side amongst us enthusiasts and we should buy what suits our needs.

And indeed it is the tech worlds "racist card", that you just used against me lol.

Way to twist my words buddy. I guess thats a habit i see a lot from several in here including you now as well. Congrats. Now let me correct your mistakes okay.

Well you are no better than the reason I made the comment and proven by the "Come on Gregster, stop victimizing yourself and the green fanbase."
Let me start by giving you the clear difference between a fanboy and a fan. A FAN is someone who like a certain brand for whatever reason and prefers that brand to others but is not blind to whatever shortcomings it may have. a FANBOY is someone who is devoted to defend their brand of choice at all cost including ignore facts and at times fabricating stories to may a competitor look worse or their own brand look better. They even do personal attacks if everything else fails.

Now i never called you a fanboy even though you are a fan of a certain company which is perfectly fine as there is nothing wrong with having preferences.

And indeed it is the tech worlds "racist card", that you just used against me lol.
I did not call you a fanboy. Again read the above explanation if this is failing to compute for you.

I work hard and earn fairly decent money, so I can afford to buy the top end GPUs, so what should I be looking to buy from AMD? And this is where I dislike AMD and have a moan at them from time to time but a fanboy I am certainly not .
Again never called you a fanboy. Read the above.

when people start putting "Both sides have people out for blood", I cringe, as that is the kind of talk that happens in the playground of primary schools. There shouldn't be a side amongst us enthusiasts and we should buy what suits our needs.
To be honest im not quite sure what you mean by that, the bolded parts. So instead of taking it as an offensive move, which is the norm on this forum, i would like for you to explain that so i can understand it correctly.

Your entire post however proves a point ive been trying to make for some time now. Everyone is so trigger happy in here taking everything as an insult even if its not meant as such. You clearly have misunderstood what i wrote and confusing fan to mean fanboy. Now that may not mean any different to you but it does to me as i very rarely call someone specific a fanboy. I do not like that word and i find it to be a cheap way of trying to invalidate someone elses opinion.

I stand by what i wrote. I think you have a tendency to jump on the bandwagon when it comes to the "if i point fingers at amd im slaughtered but they are allowed to point fingers at nvidia and no one does anything, i am a victim" posts which is so childish even if its said in humor. Someone has to stop so why not take the torch and show the younger audience in here how to do it? I have nothing against you as a person Gregster and i certainly did not mean to offend you in anyway.

Funny note btw. Ive have had mostly the same opinions about AMD and nvidia since i join up on this forum. Never was i called an AMD fanboy while my sig said 780 lighting or 980ti reference or MSI 1070 armor oc. Even when i went on a rant about nvidias practices regarding physx did i not get a single AMD fanboy thrown in my face. Only once it started saying Rx 480 strix oc did the insults come flying now how about that? Says a lot dont you think?

Soldato
Well it will be the biggest 14NM chip Samsung/GF will have made for mass production and HBM2 costs and yields need to be viable anyway. I just hope they don't launch with another problematic cooler.

it was floated that it could be like Fury, where vendors had to ship stock designed Cooler- hence the silver version shown, and maybe like the Fury X, then vendors could do their own later like the 1080 Ti .... have to wait and see.

Soldato
I wonder how many people will presume the 580 is the Vega and buy without checking (given the closeness of the release dates its not that hard to appreciate this could happen a lot).

From a few reviews Ive read it seems a bit of a "meh" release all around but hey ho

Soldato
I wonder how many people will presume the 580 is the Vega and buy without checking (given the closeness of the release dates its not that hard to appreciate this could happen a lot).

From a few reviews Ive read it seems a bit of a "meh" release all around but hey ho

if someone does do that i have absolutely no sympathy for them. If they know what vega is in basic terms then they have the basic knowledge to understand reviews and that the 500 series is certainly not vega. However i do agree nothing really exciting from the 500 series launch while i dont view it as a pure 100% rebadge i see it mostly like a boring refresh and not boring as the cards dont perferm well but as in its not news or new tech.

Associate

really you expect ppl to know the code name vega, but don't know the 480's performance or the 580's ?
if he heard th word vega and doesn't know polaris line up, to him vega is just a word, not tied to specific performance target and features, at which point the word could be vega or polaris or hawaii, the bottom line is the price range if he want to spend more he would ask for higher card, if 200$ is what he have, then he bought the best perf/$ card.

Soldato
The 570/580 helps with reviews for AMD, like people have said it makes the reviewers update their reviews so we don't see out dated charts for the 470/480 which only helps AMD even if some of us think they should have named them 475/485.

Soldato
For all the negativity, I don't actually think there is anything 'wrong' with the 580's/570's, they are very nice cards. Just I was expecting more from AMD with regard to perf increase (more cores, faster memory etc).

If I was upgrading I would consider a 580 if it was around 225 to 240. No way I am paying more than that for a low mid to mid range card.

Soldato
really you expect ppl to know the code name vega, but don't know the 480's performance or the 580's ?
if he heard th word vega and doesn't know polaris line up, to him vega is just a word, not tied to specific performance target and features, at which point the word could be vega or polaris or hawaii, the bottom line is the price range if he want to spend more he would ask for higher card, if 200$ is what he have, then he bought the best perf/$ card.

you missed the point completely

Absolutely brand new card to be released by AMD in 2nd quarter 17 .....and 580 comes out

Yeah I do think its easy (and a bit cynical by AMD) to make a mistake like that

Soldato
OP
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sapp...ddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-37w-sp.html

£80 makes no sense compared to GPUs offering 2x the perf for £20 more. The GT1030 should kick its overly expensive teeth in.

The RX560 will make the GT1030,GTX1050 and RX550 look crap though - the RX560 RRP is actually below that of the RX460 which is already cheaper than the GTX1050. Looking at the price difference between the RX460 and the GTX1050 the latter is generally around £15 to £20 more expensive depending on the retailer.

Soldato
Do you know the perf of the 1030 and pricing? 550 should be £60 max, why the hell they got 4GB variants I'll never know. 1050 is a lot faster than the 460/560 so worth the extra outlay.

Back
Top Bottom