• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Permabanned
Shouldn't be an issue then, I went from a Z77 mobo to an X370 one and it just used the W10 license tied to my MS account.
What's are you going to go for next?

I'm not sure. I really like the look of this ram so I may buy another motherboard first and hopefully fix or rule out that as at fault, Then if I still need to return the memory I'll grab whatever's suitable and not too expensive.

Soldato
Yes it does, the clock speed doesn't drop in CPUZ but the temps are nice and cool when not under load.
It does? I was wondering why speeds weren't dropping when I was testing it. Then again, temps were ~30c so I guess it is kicking in... Strange that HWiNFO/CPUZ does show it dropping when on stock settings though.

Soldato
That's a point - does Cool N Quiet (lol! - or whatever its called on AMD these days) - work ok when overclocked?
I've always preferred low voltage with LLC to control peaks.

Ideally, you should overclock with P-states if the bios allows. You can then set the turbo, all cores and C&Q clocks to operate to what you need. It also gives a nice low voltage setting.

Soldato
HWMonitor, CPU-Z and HWiNFO all seems to report the speed stuck at the overclocked speed for me.

No P state overclocking for my K7 board unfortunately. It would be my prefered method but seems Gigabyte left it out for now.

Soldato
HWMonitor, CPU-Z and HWiNFO all seems to report the speed stuck at the overclocked speed for me.

No P state overclocking for my K7 board unfortunately. It would be my prefered method but seems Gigabyte left it out for now.

Something odd if it's not down clocking to around 2400 ish :confused:

Have mine set @ 3.9 and it down clocks fine.

Soldato
I ain't read into ryzen cpu's yet but I'm assuming your power management isn't working correctly if its not down clocking the jiggherts to something minimal!

I recall a bug in Win10......something to do with power management profiles not allowing downclocks....prob talking rubbish at this time of night lol, nn

Soldato
I recall a bug in Win10......something to do with power management profiles not allowing downclocks....prob talking rubbish at this time of night lol, nn

Strangely enough I saw my CPU clock down more often with the default Windows balanced profile compared to the Ryzen power plan. Then again, the minimum processor state is at 95% compared to the balanced's 5%. I've lowered it now to 50% and haven't seen any major negative performance loss.

It's only when I set a fixed clock in the BIOS it doesn't clock down. Might try fiddle it again in the weekend when I have time to see if I can pin it down on what's causing it.

Soldato
What the flep is corsair playing at - I've just realised the latest and greatest toy from them (H115i) isn't AM4 compatible!!!

Grrrrr - gunna have to wait two weeks for a flippin bracket now.

Back
Top Bottom