• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Is there a list of differences between the two beta bios currently available?

Currently on 1107 running 3600 Team Group memory stable at 2933.

I dont believe there is a full list of changes but main ones are more memory dividers upto 4000mhz, people are reporting that cold boots are better or even fixed for them. More memory timing options.
Its all memory related basically :)

Associate
Hi guys,

Hopefully this is the right place to post.

Owner of a 1700x here. Really pleased with it, but am wondering why the vcore (in Ryzen master) spikes on idle-anywhere up to 1.45ish. Interestingly in games and benchmarks it seems to stay locked at around 1.25 I think.

Its completely stock, not overclocked. Same behaviour happens with high performance power plan and the newer ryzen balanced power plan. I thought switching to the ryzen balanced power plan may affect this but it did not.

Any ideas? @AMDMatt may know!

Thanks,

B

Caporegime
Hi guys,

Hopefully this is the right place to post.

Owner of a 1700x here. Really pleased with it, but am wondering why the vcore (in Ryzen master) spikes on idle-anywhere up to 1.45ish. Interestingly in games and benchmarks it seems to stay locked at around 1.25 I think.

Its completely stock, not overclocked. Same behaviour happens with high performance power plan and the newer ryzen balanced power plan. I thought switching to the ryzen balanced power plan may affect this but it did not.

Any ideas? @AMDMatt may know!

Thanks,

B
Perfectly normal, just XFR doing its thing. Voltage can spike up to 1.45v and even higher momentarily, nothing to worry about.

You can most likely undervolt the CPU to around 1.35v or even lower if you run at stock frequency.

Associate
Perfectly normal, just XFR doing its thing. Voltage can spike up to 1.45v and even higher momentarily, nothing to worry about.

You can most likely undervolt the CPU to around 1.35v or even lower if you run at stock frequency.

Thanks for such a quick reply @AMDMatt !

I'm not sure ive noticed it spiking in sync-the peak speed meter stays at 3.50ghz and it will still spike. So it doesnt spike when jumping to 3.7ghz or 3.8ghz (whatever it turbo's to) for example. It just spikes randomly when the cpu is at 3.50ghz in Ryzen master. Hopefully that makes sense. The new architecture im still getting used to :)

Is it recommend to run on Ryzen balanced power plan, or High performance? I've always used high performance for obvious reasons before and power consumption is not an issue per se. I seem to bench at roughly the same scores in Firestrike, Timespy etc, though I think I may have lost a few fps in game. Hard to tell. Im guessing its still fine to still run on High performance power mode if I wanted to?

Thanks!

B

Associate
Well made the mistake today of updating my MSI B350 Tomahawk to BIOS Version 7A34v15. So no boot, no post and this lovely greeting on the screen :)

Bios_Update_Fail_1.jpg

OOPS!

Luckily l have a Gigabyte Brix to tide me over lol.

Soldato
Nope, official update. Using M-FLASH via BIOS.

Tried the MSI recovery procedure, however does not appear to work, computer just runs with the above posted message with fans spinning etc.

Ouch! Should not do that with official non beta bios. Especially since you flashed it from within the bios and not windows.

Time to return the board?

Permabanned

Hows memory tests going ??

dunno if You looked in to this but
Originally Posted by elmor

Depends on your specific sticks/ICs, CPU, DIMMs per channel, single/dual rank. A few numbers that worked well for me:

Samsung B (SR) 2x8 = 53.3 ohms
Samsung B (DR) 2x16 = 80 ohms
Samsung B (DR) 4x16 = 43.6 ohms

Hynix A (DR) 2x8 = 53.3 ohms
Hynix A (DR) 4x8 = 40 ohms

Atm no one knows what auto is on new bioses.

Associate
For me 4x8GB samsung e-die, 53.3ohms was the only setting I could even POST. Anything below - boot loop, anything above -crashing quite quickly.

Didn't know it's got such a high importance, I though it's more like "just a little thing that might help stabilize system", rather than "you won't be able to start the PC without proper setting" :)

Caporegime
Hows memory tests going ??

dunno if You looked in to this but
Originally Posted by elmor

Depends on your specific sticks/ICs, CPU, DIMMs per channel, single/dual rank. A few numbers that worked well for me:

Samsung B (SR) 2x8 = 53.3 ohms
Samsung B (DR) 2x16 = 80 ohms
Samsung B (DR) 4x16 = 43.6 ohms

Hynix A (DR) 2x8 = 53.3 ohms
Hynix A (DR) 4x8 = 40 ohms

Atm no one knows what auto is on new bioses.

Yeah been using 53.3 for a while. 3466Mhz might be stable but it would need slack timings it seems. I don't really have a lot of time to test and tune these days, so i find myself favouring slower and stable at the moment.

3333Mhz at CL14 with tight seconds and thirds definitely looks in reach though.

Soldato
What's the best board to get involved with a 1700? Hoping to do 3200 RAM...
Crosshair 6 hero. However if using samsung b die memory that should run at rate on most boards once they roll the new update out. ( Only the crosshair has it at the moment)
That said some people cannot hit 3200 even with the above configuration, it would appear that *some* chips have weaker memory controllers than others. I've been lucky in the sense that I have been able to run at 3200 using samsung b die from day one. Now I'm on 3466.

Associate
Nope, official update. Using M-FLASH via BIOS.

Tried the MSI recovery procedure, however does not appear to work, computer just runs with the above posted message with fans spinning etc.
Makes me more worried to update from v14.

Were you overclocked at all? If so did you reset everything to default before the flash?

Associate
Makes me more worried to update from v14.

Were you overclocked at all? If so did you reset everything to default before the flash?

Aye, was running [email protected], however restored to default before flashing....have ordered a new MSI B350 Tomahawk to get rid of the hassle of reinstalling.

The RMA process is in process with the retailer, however once l get the replacement l am going to give it to a mate whom is building a new system.

Associate
I have manage to narrow it down to 4 motherboards for my ryzen 5 build
Which one would you go for:
My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £903.56
(includes shipping: £12.60)

Back
Top Bottom