** Official ** Season 2010/2011 Pre-Season thread

Poor opposition, in fact my friend sent me a photo of their players buying boots at lunch time today in JJB Sports! Nevertheless, promising performance, Gerrard seems to be enjoying himself, cole looks sharp and Ngog played well all round.

Much prefer the biased Liverpool commentary I bet ;)

Have they said this is your year yet? :p

Oddly I usually find that their commentary is quite unbiased, when required they criticise, when required they praise. Often I find them more objective about a match than many of the more general commentators

Cole looks a massive upgrade from Yossi so far. Keeps possession far better and passes before running in to trouble. Link up play with Gerrard has been excellent.

Pacheco started slowly but gradually got in to the game more. His best position is behind the striker though so we probably won't see the best of him while Cole's on the pitch.

Ngog is infuriating to watch. He's got pace to burn, height, strength and his positional sense is exceptional but he falls to pieces whenever he's got time on the ball.

Oddly I usually find that their commentary is quite unbiased, when required they criticise, when required they praise. Often I find them more objective about a match than many of the more general commentators

Are you kidding Red Clive has been bang on form tonight, gushing over Liverpool from the bits of the game I've seen :p

Are you kidding Red Clive has been bang on form tonight, gushing over Liverpool from the bits of the game I've seen :p

Maybe we've just seen different bits of the game then, or maybe we simply have different definitions of objective commentating. From what I have watched tonight on Liverpool tv they've praised the robot nicky players when deserved, praised Liverpool players when deserved, criticised liverpool players (such as ngogs decision making) when deserved. Seems fairly objective to me and certainly no worse than the objectivity levels of other channels.

Unless of course you mean clive tyldesley. But he doesn't commentate on Liverpool tv :D

Last edited:
Overall not too bad, Pacheco never really got going and Ngog was as hit and miss as ever but Jovanovic looked competent, Kelly looked very promising and Joe Cole looked extremely good.

Thought Jovanovic was the best player tonight. Nice and direct and a lot faster than I thought. Formed a very good partnership with Johnson and looks like he'll be a real asset for us this season.

Cole also played well but he had so much time and space it would've been impossible for him to look poor tonight. Won't have it anywhere near as easy in a Premiership game.

Comfortable performance; had nothing to do defensively but we played some nice football in attack. Kelly, Jovanovic and Cole were the 3 stand out players for me.
Excellent defending by Kelly. Going to be a massive player for us in the future.

RB, LB or CB, he's looked class wherever he's been asked to play.

Back
Top Bottom