** Official ** Season 2010/2011 Pre-Season thread

oh that's mildly disappointing...

This season leaves me with a dilemma, because I always try and support English teams in the Champions League, but I've never had to worry about extending the courtesy to the most-hated-rivals before!! :D

If they had had a harder qualifying draw, maybe I wouldn't have had to worry about it! But yeah, they should easily beat Young Boys Bern...

This season leaves me with a dilemma, because I always try and support English teams in the Champions League, but I've never had to worry about extending the courtesy to the most-hated-rivals before!! :D

Awww... you love to hate us more than Man Utd and Chelsea. We're flattered. ;)

Lucky lucky Spuds...managed to get a very easy draw against some team called the young boys lol:p

Shame was hoping the Spuds would have met a more better team..can only hope that the young boys pull off a shock win:p

Anyone else watching the Young Boys wiki page, keeps getting edited by Arsenal and Spurs fans.

So far we've had "They are nicknamed the 'Spud Killers', 'Die Yid Die' and 'Huddlestone is a fat tard'. Their famous exploits include slaying the fat dragon Thomas Huddlestone in the UEFA Champions League 3rd round qualifiers."

Real classy. :rolleyes:

Some Spurs fan has retaliated with:

"The club is used to losing and fully expect losing to Tottenham Hotspurs in the Champions League Play off round."

:D

"Their famous exploits include slaying the fat dragon Thomas Huddlestone in the UEFA Champions League 3rd round qualifiers."

hehe that's just made laugh aloud at work and get some dodgy looks off colleagues...

you should be pleased to have Huddlestone get such a compliment, they called him a dragon!! :D

Hehe there's some more graffiti you missed Stag:

The two teams were increasingly separated from each other, and their venues also became ever further apart. FC Bern played in the southwestern part of the city, while FC Young Boys place almost in the center. The newly selected sports ground on Schwellenmätteli, however, had its advantages and disadvantages. Due to its location adjacent to the Aar River, the grounds were often flooded and marshy. Because of its central location Huddlestone is fat, however, the club was followed by many Bern residents. With an agreement on 14 October 1901, the club leased its grounds from the city of Bern for three years. The entire area encompassed 10,975 square meters for only 257 francs per month. Therefore, the requirements for a regular playing field were finally fulfilled.[4]

heh there's loads of random bits slagging off Tottenham here and there too. Pretty retarded that wikipedia is the means people use for spurs bashing...

Last edited:
Uh oh, first half decent team ARsenal are playing, we're losing 1-0, and look really quite terrible, being rushed hard in midfield and no ones retaining posession, Walcott looks a big girl, we look a bit pathetic and as I was typing conceded a 2nd from a poor corner that was horrifically defended.

FAntastic, we look horrific without Gallas, there is absolutely no communitcation, no leader, no one taking charge or telling the team to spread out, they basically all stood on the goal line, Vermaelen tripped Fab running out to punch the ball, so he got no where near it, Chamakh was pulling a guy down, who still kicked it to the ball, and Kos sliced it into his own net it looks like.

Absolute disaster, theres not a single leader, because we lost all of them. Kos/Verm look a terrible partnership, the team looks devoid of direction and well, inteligence, for no reason Sagna decided to jump over a ball into their box, even though he had a tonne of space to take it and then look for a pass/cross, instead, stepped over and it went to their defenders.

Arsenal look a complete joke, and are really very very badly failing their first test. 3-0, absolute joke, complete joke. Frimpong, awful, Theo, awful, Sagna, awful, Rosicky fluffed a clearance, no idea where the left back was, Verm/Kos not picking people up, painfully easily conceded the ball upfield and conceded a goal straight down the other end. Truly woeful half.

This is why playing Barnet, and sides just about as good as them in preseason isn't good enough, our first test and Wenger is suddenly going tro realise losing Sol/Gallas and heck maybe even Silvestre was a terrible idea.

Again as typing we just pulled back a goal from nothing, from awful defending and keeping rather than a world class attack. I'm getting less enthusiastic about Kos by the game, he's made BIG mistakes in every performance so far, and has sucked balls today.

Last edited:
Legia Warsaw 3-0 Arsenal... 36mins.

Our defence is a shambles. Koscielny and Vermaelen don't look like they've struck up an understanding. Fabianski is still looking undecisive.

Chamakh has just scored a header though.

Spurs 3 - 2 Fiorentina

Pavlyuchenko
Keane
Keane

Star of the game is Giovani Dos Santos by a country mile, followed by Danny Rose, Robbie Keane, Assou-Ekotto and Tom Huddlestone in that order.

Very excited for the start of the season after this game as it's been fantastic to watch.

Walcott's diving now, if someone just stands near him he's going down, he puts in no effort, he jogs for balls, he rarely bothers running full pace, he'll NEVER go shoulder to shoulder with anyone in an attempt to run after a long ball, he puts in 50% of the effort of others, while being 5% as effective as other players, I have no idea how he's at ARsenal at all, 60k a week. I'm not being sarcastic, anyone on these forums can be exactly as effective as him.

Also yet again this 4-5-1 is NOT WORKING, defensively its not working, Chamakh has barely had a touch because this 4-5-1 gives the striker zero support and makes whoever gets stuck up there completely and needlessly isolated. You can't play a 4-5-1, pretty much at all and you without question can't play it with a lazy, useless and stupid Walcott because that only increases the isolation of the striker.

I've said for 5 years now the squad is good enough, we have the players, but while Wenger actually truly believes Theo, Diaby, denilson, Song, Sagna are good enough, and starts them over hugely better alternatives we've got no chance.

Considering the fairly first team feel to this, and with the next game being the season opener I think this is the squad Wenger is at least before this game, thinking about starting the season with.

Well Roy Hodgeson is looking like getting his Liverpool career off to a flyer based on today, potentially 2 players playing well enough, and its not enough, not even close. Freezing out Almunia, if thats what he's doing, seems to be a case of cutting off his nose to spite his face. Bench Almunia, if you get Reina, or Lloris, or someone in, but not to put Fabianski in.

Wengers lost his smegging mind.

Back
Top Bottom