*** Official September 14th Apple Event (18:00 BST) ***

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
https://www.apple.com/apple-events/

September 14th 10am PDT / 6pm BST.

5789864-D-CEFB-4-FA7-8-CE9-3-EC8-E465-B842.jpg

Soldato
I’m looking forward to this mainly because it’ll briefly put an end to all the clickbait rubbish on YouTube.
Admittedly it might only last a few hours before all the Spring Event shooting in the dark starts.

Soldato
I'll watch with interest as usual!

Can't say I'm desperate to upgrade my 12 Pro Max or my Series 4 and I'm not sure features-wise they'll be anything exciting to tempt me either but we'll see. It's always that balance of 'do I reeeeeally need to upgrade? vs the resale/recycle value going down the longer you leave it.

I do need to my ageing 2012 Mini as that's resigned to the no-more-software-updates bin now, but I'm waiting for the bigger MBP to come out with Apple silicon.

Soldato
Hopefully Apple will invent phones with curved edges this year or is that wishful thinking and we're going to be waiting a few more years for that?

Soldato
Hopefully Apple will invent phones with curved edges this year or is that wishful thinking and we're going to be waiting a few more years for that?
Do you mean curved edges like on the iPhone 7-11 or do you mean curved screens?
If it’s the latter then I sincerely hope not! The flat screen was one of the main reasons I moved to iPhone.
Curved phone displays are an abomination.

Soldato
The flat design of the current 12 is ideal, they’ve moved the iPad design to a similar style as well as the iMac.

I much prefer it personally, it feels better. Can’t see them switching back to the curved style so quickly.

IIRC (can’t be bothered to google) the 4, 4s, 5 and 5s where all the flat style before they went back to the curve design.

Soldato
Been holding out with my XS Max, iOS 15 beta has been running fine but I’m after a camera upgrade.
Not sure what else they can add that’ll actually make it any better.

Will probably keep my watch series 4 for another year if the rumours of additional bio monitor stuff is true for next year.

Commissario
I tend to do my watch each year and my phone every two to three years at the moment, no real plans to do either this year.

Would like a new set of AirPods though (not Pro).

Associate
Looking forward to the event as per usual. Turning 40 next Thursday so going to treat myself to the Series 7 Watch me thinks.

Soldato
I have an iPhone Xs and a Series 4 watch — both are still going strong.

Based on the rumours, there are no 'must have' new features in the lineup, so I think I'm going to skip this cycle.

Ask me again next week. :D

Back
Top Bottom