******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Caporegime
I think that's the point, the foundations are shaky at best, i don't care about the bugs so much as it just feels janky and amateurish. I mean yeah the game looks incredible, the attention to static details is on another level but I'd rather that attention to detail went into the core mechanics of the game making it as solid as it can be.

That all being said taskmaster and I have been having a blast the last few days , granted its mainly laughing at how bad some of this game is but I'm still having a lot of fun but they need to start focusing on the core elements IMHO.

I'm sorry, you're clearly an expert and i can't compete with that.

Associate
God DAMN IT

Just spent ages getting to a place on planet surface to pick up 3 packages. After spending what felt like years trying to actually access said packages I pick one up and head to my ship, suddenly I get thrown through a doorway out of the wreck into a wall and die. SO I respawn at olisar, get into a different ship, fly straight back land next to my other ship (this mission was good money), find all three boxes, put one down outside to go back and get the others and I DIE!!.....from putting a sodding box down!!?!

It's feels like it's only me having these problems. Seriously wtf.

Has anybody ever completed a collection mission?

Associate
Other than a bit of lag when warping or strolling around stations, it's been behaving for me so far.
Haven't tried any collection jobs yet, just done a couple of practice flights between Port Olisar and Lorville and around a few asteroid fields before completing two quick bounties.

Soldato
@Klunt Bumskrint
Just random bugs, mate... I've had a couple of incidents where I've spent a wedge on cargo and then died after slipping on the steps exiting the outpost for example :p:rolleyes: Just gotta roll with that slightly random alpha experience.
You may want to try using the gravity gun instead of picking up boxes by hand. It gets the job done quicker, as you can extend the beam, meaning you don't have to walk as far going back and forth.

Oh, and regarding your ship getting nicked (which I'm pretty sure is what happened - it disappeared when he went into QT), just make sure you always close the doors/ramp when leaving the ship and random opportunists won't bother. Only the dedicated few will try with forceful methods and they'll generally only do it if there's something inside worth taking.
The guy that took it just did it for lols because it was there. Saying that, if your doors were closed, he might have blasted them open.

Soldato
I think that's the point, the foundations are shaky at best, i don't care about the bugs so much as it just feels janky and amateurish. I mean yeah the game looks incredible, the attention to static details is on another level but I'd rather that attention to detail went into the core mechanics of the game making it as solid as it can be.

Didn't realise the game artists were the ones that would be fixing the core mechanics :p

Soldato

That all being said taskmaster and I have been having a blast the last few days , granted its mainly laughing at how bad some of this game is but I'm still having a lot of fun but they need to start focusing on the core elements IMHO.

Go read the progress tracker and many videos released by CIG.

if you did, you would know they working hard on getting some of those core foundations in place now and they are huge huge tasks.

Here are 3 main things:

Gen 12 and vulkhan(It will increase the performanc of the game dramatically
Icache
Server Meshing

All 3 of these should be in the game in 12 months.

Soldato
Wasn't it supposed to be by the end of July?

Back in May i actually said on various SC discord channels that i predicted this will go live in August.

Why? because they was still too busy with fleetweek and there was no indication of 3.14 going evocadi. Also at that time , 3.14 had medical gameplay and personal inventory/icach as part of that release but was later removed.

Medical gameplay was removed not because they felt they could not do it in time, but because the hospitals wasnt ready yet.

3.14 has 2 hospital locations only but needs 3 more plus some in the rest stops stations..

Its quite astonishing that they only started working on these locations at the beginning of this year and almost got all of them done!

Its also a testiment of a new direction cig is going by making sure that any gameplay feature they add now is not bare bones half assed done.

Think that might have been the plan, but it had some pretty large issues with some of the new content so they've held back to fix that. Going to be worth it though, from what friends on the PTU have said - the new patch is awesome. Great shakeup around combat and a return of Xenothreat :D

Yea it had some issues but it was more because they needed about a month to rebalance the weapons and shields.

That was the main reason really. Had it not been for the weapons and shield rework added to this patch, 3.14 would have been released weeks ago

Soldato
Ask ttaskmaster who parked his ship upside down in the hanger :cry::cry:
Retrieving it from storage made it spawn upside down, on the underside of the hangar floor... ie inside the ground on which New Babbage is built!

if you did, you would know they working hard on getting some of those core foundations in place now and they are huge huge tasks.
They've been "working hard" on various things since this whole dev began. It's like how every annual comms from every CEO we've ever had will always start with something like, "It's been a challenging year.....".
Meanwhile, I've watched as the bugs and server lags have gotten progressively worse in 3.13, almost on a daily basis. In QT, for example, I used to just align to target and go... Now I have to keep clearing routes that I never set, re-spooling the drive and redoing the calibration several times before the damn thing will actually go. Then when I get there I have to wait around for the server to catch up and spawn the targets, usually taking several minutes. I've even had Advocacy NPCs show up and start taking out my targets before I can even get started on them.
Of course, this is only if the stations spawn in when I open my EZ Hab door, rather than having me step out into empty space... Oh, and don't forget wearing full armour and helmet, going up to the pizza shops inside the station and suddenly dropping dead from either hypothermia or asphyxiation...!

Why would you not focus all that time, money and effort on getting things working right before tarting them up?

Associate

Here are 3 main things:

Gen 12 and vulkhan(It will increase the performanc of the game dramatically
Icache
Server Meshing

All 3 of these should be in the game in 12 months.

If I'd believed everything CIG has promised over the last 10 years then I'd have given up all hope by now.

Given the 100's of millions and the time in development its not where it should be and all but the die hard fans would be in complete agreement.

Don't get me wrong I want this game to succeed but without a developer pushing them along they can break all the promises in the world and there's nothing you can do about it.

Back
Top Bottom