******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
Tried playing some more last night. Logged on having logged off the game at Everus. Woke up in New Babbage in medical gear... So I've died whilst logged off and lost my stuff again? Great.
Head over to the expo and my character trips walking up the stairs in the expo hall and bleeds to death. Awesome.

This current build is god awful. It's barely functional for pure tech demo purpossess, let alone any actual gameplay. Prior to the Expo I'd been considering spending some money on a new ship or an upgrade, but that plan is out of the window. I don't mind the odd bug, but the reoccurrance of many old issues (such as bounties not spawning) combined with randomly dying for no reason and losing your equipment. It's just not even worth bothering with.
i have died a few times walking out of the elevator from the IAE hall.

however last night i played with 4 other org mates for like 4h straight with no issues. We did plenty of group warrant bounties testing out the ares ships and then even did a bunker and a cave bounty missions. no glitches

Soldato
But you said they missed both the end of 2020(which i said i agreed) and then you ALSO said they missed this year's release date.

YOu then posted a load of waffle links that proved you wrong regarding the "release date of end 2021"

That's funny because you said SQ42 will release this year, so stop pretending CIG didn't have a release schedule, they did. No amount of obfuscation and waffle around where links come from will change that.

Caporegime
So the Star Fighter Inferno is a bit of a shredding machine, doesn't hold up too well against rammy Auroras tho......

Retrieving my stuffz from my cold dead body, nice of them to mark out where it is, and some more Inferno Fury.

Soldato
I preferred the Ion. It was just easier to hit most things with a few shots, rather than keep sustained fire on them.
Nice to see them come with a crossfield as standard + a good size quantum tank.

Caporegime
I haven't tried the ION yet, i'm doing that next, but that Gatling........

And yeah, a good stock Quantum Drive is a nice bonus, don't have to replace it with a better one for a change, good range and fast jumps.

Soldato
I find the expo periods always bad, performance is terrible but gets better once the event finishes.
Agreed, it's a sshame that there is often such a stark performance difference. Not great for CiG that the game runs so bad when they're trying to show it off for all the free fly players.

Tried the Ares Inferno for a bit last night, managed to get onto a fresh server so performance was a bit better. Whilst better, I still had the issue with enemies not spawning immediately, but I could cope for the sake of testing. Inferno seems to fly much nicer than I thought it would, can fight better against other fighters than I was expecting. Trying to kill an M50 was horrific mind, but they're a pain at the best of times. They always seem to desync and jank around the screen for me so ended up having to just fire missiles at it until it died!
I'll give the Ion a go this evening maybe.

Soldato
Tried it again. Ran even worse than last time.

Didn't even manage to leave my room this time, after waiting about 10 minutes for it to finish caching in shaders and textures. Turning everything to low settings makes the game look terrible, but makes no difference to the performance

For so many millions, I am surprised they have achieved so little on the optimisation front. There are plenty of very good looking AAA games that run really well. Shame. Can't see how this is good advertising to convince people into backing?

Caporegime

Didn't even manage to leave my room this time, after waiting about 10 minutes for it to finish caching in shaders and textures. Turning everything to low settings makes the game look terrible, but makes no difference to the performance

For so many millions, I am surprised they have achieved so little on the optimisation front. There are plenty of very good looking AAA games that run really well. Shame. Can't see how this is good advertising to convince people into backing?

What's your hardware?

Soldato

Its most likely server related. The single server hosting the session is overwhelmed with the expo on and most likely lots of ships load etc. As noted before this is the reality of the simulation until static server meshing is introduced next year (planned) which will start to pull the services across multiple servers and communicate via some clever tech, this means they can split the game up in to zones and each server runs the simulation for that zone and then feeds in to the overall database... This should allow the servers to have a high tick rate leading to better FPS and less lag.

Edit: Its interesting as general performance has improved massively over iterations BUT with the new stuff being introduced this then slows it all done again.. i.e. my Xeon E3-1231v3 & 1070 GTX @ 1440p gets 45ish FPS on a fresh server at medium quality and stays decent but as more people join and more objects are created and tracked, the performance slowly tanks until the server falls over.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cutty B all day, unless all you want to do is a bit of relatively minor trading.
The Cutlass will allow you to do a bit of everything. It'll carry 1 or 2 ROCs/Cyclones and handle itself in a fight.

They're different ships for different things and it depends on what you want to do and what you already have.

Soldato
Fun bug this morning... Game crashed whilst at Everus without a crimestat and when I logged back in I was in Prison. But I shouldn't have been there - so I was trespassing. I then got a crimestat in prison, but still couldn't leave as it didn't register I was a prisoner. Suiciding and relogging all just resulted in me spawning back in Prison and getting in trouble for trespassing again.
Ended up having to do a character reset...

Soldato
Fun bug this morning... Game crashed whilst at Everus without a crimestat and when I logged back in I was in Prison. But I shouldn't have been there - so I was trespassing. I then got a crimestat in prison, but still couldn't leave as it didn't register I was a prisoner. Suiciding and relogging all just resulted in me spawning back in Prison and getting in trouble for trespassing again.
Ended up having to do a character reset...

Sounds like the american justice system so they got it nailed !

Soldato
Its been quite a stable IAE all things considering when compared to last two years.

30k's seems to be very rare which is really good news.

Couple of issues i have come across:

• Random dying when walking/running near bunkers outside
  • Party chat/invites/markers are broken for some players.
  • Performance issues on some places in the verse

Soldato
Yeh, very few 30k crashes - but that's just meant we've noticed the other bugs far more :p
Random deaths, not spawning and then getting stuck in Prison have all been annoying!
O yea for sure!! and thats a good thing(not the issues u are having but no server/game crashes during playtime)

i had some of my mates had issues with being sent to prison or cant even get out of bed in prison etc etc.

The ones i highlighted were just the ones i think of that were very very annoying to be.

Of course there are more i did not mention that are issues but to me, not a massive massive issue compared to the ones i listed such as bounties sometimes not respawning, bunker mission npc's dont spawn(usually the very loast one....) , QT selection and jumping issues, QTing to a party member/ YOur body corpe dissapears instead of staying persisted so u can recover your gear. etc

Associate
Not really seen or looked into this game before...seen a couple of vids on youtube a couple of years ago, but now im kinda interested..without going back and reading this massive thread, what type of game is this? is it fun to play without friends or better in a group?

Will i even be able to run it on my 3800x and rtx2070? are you in a ship 90% of the time or do you actually go onto planets etc?

Really i dont know anything about this game at all except its been in development since time began lol

Back
Top Bottom