******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
OP
It should be but I also think a faster respawn is needed.

Doesn't have to be instant but has to be reliable. We don't get that until after (if) they ever get server meshing working though.

Soldato
That would be a nice feature to have, would make logging off on planet more appealing. Logging into the game and finding you are just sat on a seat in a bar, restaurant or in the spaceport lobby, instead of in bed. Sure they could make this work depending on what you did before logging off. Perhaps have some benefits of being well rested.

Soldato
OP
Faster respawn? You mean instead of respawning in a hab, you respawn say next to spaceport?

Or allow an option. I'm one of those people who want to crew ships and live on station/planets mostly but would be nice to not spend the first 5 mins traveling.

Frankly I don't have a lot of gaming time these days so that will feel like 5 minutes wasted if I'm not even able to get to a ship or do anything "useful" in that time.

Soldato
I think it wont be at all an issue for living from a station in future. You can already set your respawn point on stations anyways though for regen so don't ever need to have it as a main city once you get into game.

Soldato
Had some fun with the lads (Humbug/Curly) tonight!

Took the hurricane out for a spin which I just got in game, ONLY 1.2m which is very cheap. This patch is the most stable SC has ever been.
With the current loops and what not is actually been fun, being able to play without issue the vast majority of the time.
Obviously has a long way to go still but not being pulled out of the game every 20 mins with game breaking bugs is nice.

ScreenShot-2022-01-18_23-54-27-246.jpg

ScreenShot-2022-01-19_00-17-35-FBC.jpg

The other ship ive been doing high level bounties in is my Vanguard Sentinel (2mill at Lorville).
Video for anyone interested.

I also for a laugh did a Hammerhead bounty mission in a 600i I rented for the lols, my friend wanted to do one in style.

Currently i'm saving up to buy a Eclipse in game just another 2 mill left to go! Going to do some sneakly pvp bounties with it.

PVP bounty in the vanguard Sentinel earlier, finished with missiles.

Last edited:
Soldato
It has been a fun few evenings doing the bounties and that and for the most part it not being super buggy. There are still issues but things when working show the fun it can be. Hopefully this year is solid from CIG to really progress where it is now.

Soldato
It has been a fun few evenings doing the bounties and that and for the most part it not being super buggy. There are still issues but things when working show the fun it can be. Hopefully this year is solid from CIG to really progress where it is now.
I trhink a lot of features are blocked due to SM and there is literally no point working on and releasing it to the game now because once Server meshing is done (t0), the existing features, items and ships all need to be ported over to the new core tech.

Soldato
OP
I see they're now hiding away from scrutiny of their own roadmap!

But the lack of progress is YOUR fault backers!

:cry:

Don't forget that the vague roadmap they are hiding was brought in to obfuscate the original way they were showing progress. For the first few years we had rather specific dates for a lot of these things and would rarely hit them, hence the roadmap. It's never been open development despite the claims.
Kira did a really good video on it, he's not totally accurate but he explains why at the start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip43t2R74XY

Soldato
Don't forget that the vague roadmap they are hiding was brought in to obfuscate the original way they were showing progress. For the first few years we had rather specific dates for a lot of these things and would rarely hit them, hence the roadmap. It's never been open development despite the claims.
Kira did a really good video on it, he's not totally accurate but he explains why at the start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip43t2R74XY

Yeah I saw that video, CIG really are shameless grifters. No tactic has been beneath them to employ over the last 10 years.

Caporegime
According to the roadmap round up focus is "Exclusively" on Squadron 42 with features from it being evaluated for the PU.

So from that i read that almost all of the money is for Squadron 42 with the PU being up dated with low hanging fruit from it, what this also means is SQ42 is now THE blocker to the PU, forget about server meshing, any meaningful way forward for the PU is now on hold until the dumpster fire that is SQ42 is done and released.

I'm not interested in SQ42, i'm here for the PU, all of their advertisement is for the PU, all of the ships that you buy are for the PU, all the money i gave them was for the PU because everything about their customer facing shop is about the PU, almost all of their marketing drive is for the PU but the money is used for a different game, some of us, my self included, do not have access to and have no interest in.

I feel like an idiot. Its as simple as this, until SQ42 is released the PU stays pretty much as it is now, be that another year, 2, 4 or 9.5 Years if ever at all..... SQ42, the game they said would be released in 2014, 2018 and 2021 is now the be all and end all of everything.

wXplemh.png

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...of-star-citizen-backer-money-is-being/4869057

Caporegime
Your customer facing shop is almost exclusively about Star Citizen, your marketing drive is almost exclusively about Star Citizen, the money we pay for in game items are exclusively for Star Citizen, and yet your development focus is "exclusively for Squadron 42" those are your words.
As it stands right now some of us, no matter how little or how much money we have put in will have no access to Squadron 42, and yet Squadron 42 is now the blocker to Star Citizen, the game we thought we were paying for based on just about everything you do that is customer facing.
The TOS do not make this clear, it simply says you're paying for one of two games, that is vague and nebulous.
So, given that just about everything you do on the shop front makes people thing their money is for Star Citizen maybe focus exclusively on that, because if you were to ask people to chose between Star Citizen or Squadron 42 i suspect Squadron 42 would have a very poor showing.
Failing that when is Squadron 42? Because that is now the be all and end all of everything to all of us weather we want it or not.
-regards.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...-start-with-the-pu-as-a-priority-and-have-sq4

jN3Rj6J.png

Back
Top Bottom