******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Associate
CIG has said that pyro will come with SM.

Also, parts of Server meshing is coming in the next few patches.

Look at this diagram.

This is the whole SM architecture. Notice how its more than just meshing servers together(THe server node part on the diagram)

8dxuj9k9q2t71.png
Did any of this happen?

Soldato
That would be the ideal approach. I also dont think they will make a song and dance of SM being released for stanton, they wil secretely add it/switch it on in Q3/Q4 and then Q1-Q2 release pyro and say hey guys we done SM!!!

I also feel Nyx will release with pyro or the next patch

I feel Nyx will be patch after if not the following to that, assuming Pyro comes on Q1 2023. This gives them time to test further with jump points, check how the playerbase works, gives people enough time to explore Pyro and that before dropping another system. This means that they can stagger content and make it feel like more is done/complete and expanding accordingly. It also gives them time to then possibly add a 4th and 5th system the year after meaning end 2024 having 5 star systems to play with and SQ42 dropping (being one those systems could be Odin where SQ42 is based) and then they only need to actually work on and drop 1 new system then in 2024.

Soldato
I feel Nyx will be patch after if not the following to that, assuming Pyro comes on Q1 2023. This gives them time to test further with jump points, check how the playerbase works, gives people enough time to explore Pyro and that before dropping another system. This means that they can stagger content and make it feel like more is done/complete and expanding accordingly. It also gives them time to then possibly add a 4th and 5th system the year after meaning end 2024 having 5 star systems to play with and SQ42 dropping (being one those systems could be Odin where SQ42 is based) and then they only need to actually work on and drop 1 new system then in 2024.
Sounds like a plan.

I think at some stage they need to ramp up making star systems as they had planned almost 100!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Probably around 2024. If lucky, maybe late 2023.
Jokes. I remember when people were saying 2021 a few years ago and it seemed somewhat plausible. I understand why SC keeps getting delayed or falling behind schedule, but SQ42 should be out by now as it is a single player game.

Well, my copy is paid and as long as it does come out I am sure I will get my moneys worth even if SC does not.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Agreed on this! I'm glad I've not already paid for SQ42, I'll do so when it comes out. I backed for playing the PU with mates and have had my money's worth already, I do hope it gets finished properly some day.
I have both SC and SQ42 paid for, but they have worked out free essentially after I sold an AMD bundled code that gave some ship for around £80. So I am in profit, plus if someday the game comes out it is free :D

Soldato
Jokes. I remember when people were saying 2021 a few years ago and it seemed somewhat plausible. I understand why SC keeps getting delayed or falling behind schedule, but SQ42 should be out by now as it is a single player game.

Well, my copy is paid and as long as it does come out I am sure I will get my moneys worth even if SC does not.
SQ42 still needs some systems to come online like the advanced damage model, ship systems, that pressure between chambers, advanced AI, Vulkan, perhaps at least part of the economy (like that quanta demo they've shown a while back) and so on.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
When was the last time you tried the SC PU?
Like 3-4 years ago maybe. Will probably try it in about a year.

SQ42 still needs some systems to come online like the advanced damage model, ship systems, that pressure between chambers, advanced AI, Vulkan, perhaps at least part of the economy (like that quanta demo they've shown a while back) and so on.
And if each one of those take a year to complete, we are looking at a long time… :cry:

Associate
It's crazy that games are getting so long in development, they are spanning multiple generations of game engines and computer hardware that performs nothing remotely like when the project started. Almost an infinite circular development cycle.

Back
Top Bottom