******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Although at face value this update seems light on features, Under the hood it is one of the most significent updates and paves way for Server meshing and gen 12 core tech

So what’s this Gen 12 thing you guys on about?

My plan is to install the game after I get a 4070/80. Hopefully by then a meatier update arrives :)

Associate
Caporegime
Always with the constant updates and additions. Surely at some point they need to draw a line in the sand and say 'no more, we're now pushing to release'? Sorry, Beta.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I did a google search for you and this article came up as the first result and answers all your questions. It took me a total of 5 seconds to do that.

Thanks you shouldn't have though. Rather just wait for jonneys reply.

Not like I don't know how to use a search engine.

Always with the constant updates and additions. Surely at some point they need to draw a line in the sand and say 'no more, we're now pushing to release'? Sorry, Beta.

Yea, just keeps on dragging on. I wonder is money still flowing in so they just carry on and drag it out?

Soldato
Yea, just keeps on dragging on. I wonder is money still flowing in so they just carry on and drag it out?
They're still developing the core tech, I guess it won't be able to leave alpha until they've got server meshing in the game and pyro as a second system. Right now its a single system on a single server that gets overloaded... that is critical to the expansion and overall game play.

On the money thing, it certainly is flowing. They clocked the $400m mark at christmas and just checked now and they've added an additional $53m USD in 5 months.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
They're still developing the core tech, I guess it won't be able to leave alpha until they've got server meshing in the game and pyro as a second system. Right now its a single system on a single server that gets overloaded... that is critical to the expansion and overall game play.

On the money thing, it certainly is flowing. They clocked the $400m mark at christmas and just checked now and they've added an additional $53m USD in 5 months.

Interesting. I guess based on that they will not be in a rush to complete it. As always I will be happy if they ever just get SQ42 out.

Thanks for your reply and not referring me to a search engine by the way :)

Soldato
Interesting. I guess based on that they will not be in a rush to complete it. As always I will be happy if they ever just get SQ42 out.

Thanks for your reply and not referring me to a search engine by the way :)
I think that they've improved the project management matters now with Chris Roberts stepping away from the helm so to speak and they're making tangible improvements each quarter on core tech and refinining existing stuff. SQ42 is now the obvious focus from their internal restructures and moving the core tech pillars around. I suspect that the heat on SQ42 has finally made them realise that a lot of the goodwill among the backers will fade if they don't complete this sooner and that focusing on essentially two games requiring new tech was hurting the delivery of SQ42 and the Star Citizen MMO. Ultimately time will tell but as the money keeps coming in, they are clearly doing something right amongst its player base and there are enough people that see the vision enough to keep the faith.

Reactions: TNA
Soldato
7 days to die is still in alpha. As is many other games with less scope and ambition than this

Do you mean the "7 days to die" game developed by gaming giants The Fun Pimps, whose website looks like it's from 2006?

Have they spent over half a bill on development with offices spread all over the World and have hundreds of devs working on it?

Soldato
Interesting video recently done by Info runners. Haven't watched it all but thought be worth sharing. Should note the hosts are a little wrong about some info with stuff like dev count for other games and such but still just good info from Sandi at least.

Last edited:
Soldato
Interesting video recently done by Info runners. Haven't watched it all but thought be worth sharing. Should note the hosts are a little wrong about some info with stuff like dev count for other games and such but still just good info from Sandi at least.

yea i watched these .

Soome good info.

I diddnt know the community as a whole did not like Sandy and thust it seems all the hate she got forced her out.

She has also confirmed what some of us have been saying here that although technically on paper, the two games have been in developmen for 10 years, However, they only really kicked off with it properly in around 2016/2017 as that is when they had a team/studio capable of kick starting the thing properly. Its when they opened the frankfurt offices and hired a lot of ex cryteck staff

Soldato
there were some horror stories doing the rounds about how she treated staff, didn't realise she'd been "forced out" but it's not surprising if half the stuff was true.

Soldato
yea i watched these .

Soome good info.

I diddnt know the community as a whole did not like Sandy and thust it seems all the hate she got forced her out.

She has also confirmed what some of us have been saying here that although technically on paper, the two games have been in developmen for 10 years, However, they only really kicked off with it properly in around 2016/2017 as that is when they had a team/studio capable of kick starting the thing properly. Its when they opened the frankfurt offices and hired a lot of ex cryteck staff

So, even if you believe this BS - they spent 6-7 years spending other people's money and paying themselves salaries to achieve nothing...

:D

Back
Top Bottom