******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
Depends where you are in the game, performance for the most part is decent, you have the best CPU its possible to have for it, 32GB of RAM is ideal, i would however install it on the WD Black, the faster the drive its on the better.

At 1440P i get anywhere from 40 to 100 FPS, its mostly a GPU limitation.
Sounds like a good plan, won't take long to reinstall on the C:/ drive. Sounds like a 7700XT would be ok then. I'll do some more reading around before then. Only a few months to go.

Edit: Just checked and I bought the Mustang Alpha starter pack. I seem to have acquired some other stuff since Oct 2020 too.

Last edited:
Caporegime
These guys fly dual sticks, its not like you cannot pull maneuvers like this let alone 10 feet off the ground at this speed with mouse and keyboard, you can, but its a lot more awkward, this is high level skill flying in any case.

Soldato
These guys fly dual sticks, its not like you cannot pull maneuvers like this let alone 10 feet off the ground at this speed with mouse and keyboard, you can, but its a lot more awkward, this is high level skill flying in any case.

Now that's impressive stuff. I can see me getting quite into this once I get past the initial learning curve. Lots of detail and stuff to learn.

Associate
Not around today to game unfortunately.

The problem with controls is you ideally need 6 analogue axes for smooth flying. I've been slowly getting used to Left stick and mmo mouse which I quite like but I'm lacking one of those controls so I'm looking at grabbing a cheap pair of pedals.

Not watched all of those vids but do be watchful for people "faking" low level stunt flying. I've seen a load of videos and streamers now where they've been doing flips and rolls and it all looks good. Until you spot that they're flying nose low, that is the nose is angled quite steeply downwards. And they're using vertical thrusters to maintain alt. This means when they do rolls and flips, it's more rotating on the point of the nose of the craft. The wings and body don't go anywhere near the ground.

Associate
Johnny, Humbug and I took Humbug's MSR down to Hurston for a destroy the drugs mission
52174699483_2bc8a5d26c_k.jpg

Had an idea to fill the cargo hold with the drugs, sell them. Profit!
A game of pass the box ensued for a considerable amount of time...
52173666892_c2722e51a6_k.jpg

52174942059_a8079b1900_k.jpg

52173666487_80d8c7871a_k.jpg

Over 300 boxes at this point
52174690736_c842c64b97_k.jpg

Got the Grim Hex to sell them...
30k (I'm sure it's a troll by CIG it was that amount!) Things not to repeat... +1!

Soldato
Shame I missed you guys earlier, had some family around. Ended up doing a few random missions throughout the day with little success, be it getting stuck in derelict spaceships, game crashing whilst in a mission or server becoming unresponsive. Tried a few of the different bunker mission variations and in all of them the AI aren't even fighting back, kinda lame. Not sure why I keep doing them!

Associate
That's some hall you guys got there. Were those boxes stored in the ship or are they the same as cargo boxes and just placed there?

Did watch 6lasphemous a bit on twitch earlier and they his group had multiple 30ks. The servers just seem to give up at times although I don't know the details on cig's side of course. Mem leak, load, code etc. Caves do seem very unstable for item looting though.

40 series will be out some point this year although who know what they'll be like.

Caporegime
That's some hall you guys got there. Were those boxes stored in the ship or are they the same as cargo boxes and just placed there?

Did watch 6lasphemous a bit on twitch earlier and they his group had multiple 30ks. The servers just seem to give up at times although I don't know the details on cig's side of course. Mem leak, load, code etc. Caves do seem very unstable for item looting though.

40 series will be out some point this year although who know what they'll be like.

They are just placed, picked them all up with the hand tractor beam thingy, hey are recognised as cargo.

Soldato
This week on star citizen:

Then on Wednesday, we'll release a 3.17.2 Patch Watch post on Spectrum, talking about the many improvements and fixes coming in our upcoming patch.

On Thursday, it's Inside Star Citizen's last episode before hiatus with an in-depth Patch Report for Alpha 3.17.2. We'll also kick off a long weekend of Dynamic Events, starting with Nine Tails Lockdown!

Associate
5 hour downtime tomorrow starting at 1430 BST.

Anyone using GameGlass? I had a dabble with it about 2 years ago and looks to have improved further.
Not tried it although was looking into it. I think I'd prefer being able to move the MFDs onto other monitors though. Would be great having the target and your shields on a 2nd monitor etc.

It seems GameGlass free is more than enough for SC though. You get 2 layouts free and they can be custom ones from what I read.

Soldato
Patch Watch 3.17.2 | Networking Improvements, Mission Box Added to Mustang and more

- Actor Downstream Networking Improvements
- Refueling Fixes & Adjustments
- Reduced Floating Rocks
- Ship & Weapon Balancing
- Mission Box Added to Mustang

Soldato
Lastly, with Jumptown and Nine Tails Lockdown kicking off this weekend, and many poised for profit, we're exploring a variety of options to compensate an undetermined amount of aUEC when 3.17.2 releases, for players that we're active in 3.17.1. More details on this to come.
Iirc they did something like this in the 3.14/3.15 patch cycle when they had Xenothreat running for a week before the DB reset. Can anyone remember how much cash / other stuff you got to keep? I plan to play some at the weekend right now, but not grind at all. Keeping some earned cash would be nice, as I'm just now hitting the sort of cash that can afford a new ship...

Back
Top Bottom