******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Associate
They're introducing some new paint scheems that I think look very cool. However, they're enable in game but it seems to be tied with the Guide system. Which I hadn't heard of before but is a mentor program. Create a profile and select which game modes you can tutor someone in. You'll then might get requests from people that you'll need to teach. FFXIV has a similar system and it's a bit of joke. I do want that Gladius skin at least though :D
  • Basics: Master the basics of traversal, on foot or in a vehicle.
  • Vehicle Combat: Hone your abilities in vehicular mayhem, on the ground or in the air.
  • FPS Combat: Gear up and sharpen your skills in on-foot combat.
  • Mining: Learn the intricacies of mineral excavation for fun and profit, on foot or in a ship.
  • Missions: Find out how to locate the most lucrative contracts and business opportunities in the 'verse.
  • Trading: Become a deft interstellar merchant and reap the rewards.
  • Touring: Discover the finer points of touring the galaxy, from exploring popular locales to uncovering mysterious secrets.
  • Miscellaneous: Want to learn something not covered in the previous proficiencies? You've come to the right place.

starcitizen-foundationfestival-2022-banner-16-9-1280x720.webp

Caporegime
This is pretty cool, think they did this very well.

Large ships should have a much more dramatic jump than small ships, quite a long drawn-out build-up to the jump with a lot of droning and creaking like the huge bulk of the ship is under a lot of stress, i like this.

None of this has been thought about for Star Citizen as yet, no matter the size of the ship its all the same, its just a single universal effect, as we get through 3.18 and 3.19 / 4.0 and near Beta i would like to see the QT effect to be quite different for something like a Carrack or a Reclaimer than it is for an Aurora, and again very different for an Idris.

Soldato
This is pretty cool, think they did this very well.

Large ships should have a much more dramatic jump than small ships, quite a long drawn-out build-up to the jump with a lot of droning and creaking like the huge bulk of the ship is under a lot of stress, i like this.

None of this has been thought about for Star Citizen as yet, no matter the size of the ship its all the same, its just a single universal effect, as we get through 3.18 and 3.19 / 4.0 and near Beta i would like to see the QT effect to be quite different for something like a Carrack or a Reclaimer than it is for an Aurora, and again very different for an Idris.
Makes sense all that extra mass you would think would need more of a wind up to get it moving. Nice way to make ships have their own character.

Associate
There are a few ships that have a different QT effect, the alien ones do but I think a couple of the humans ones do as well. They have said they're making big changes to QT system along with a Boost system. So I do hope they would have some kind of scale involved for different ships, especially sound effects.

Soldato
That's the effect for jumping between systems in Elite, rather than in-system. So more aligned with what the SC wormhole jumps will be like than comparing it to the Quantum effect. From memory the teasers showed the wormhole effects were a lot more interesting than the Quantum effects. That said, I hope they spice up the Quantum affects some more, particularly the transition in and out of it .

Associate

MONDAY, July 4, 2022​

• This Week in Star Citizen
  • Nine Tails Lockdown

TUESDAY, July 5, 2022​

• Lore Post: Mining Rocks
  • June 2022 Subscriber Comm-Link
  • Nine Tails Lockdown

WEDNESDAY, July 6, 2022​

• 3.17.2 Patch Watch Post #2
  • Roadmap Update
  • Roadmap Roundup
  • June 2022 PU Monthly Report
  • June 2022 Squadron 42 Monthly Report Newsletter

THURSDAY, July 7, 2022​

• Foundation Festival
  • Foundation Festival Free Fly
  • Dragonfly Referral Bonus

FRIDAY, July 8, 2022​

Caporegime
Back in the early days of 3.X you as a 3'rd person observer could watch other ships accelerate out to QT, but is subsequent patches they have speeded up QT so much they go from standing still to QT in a single frame so it looks like they just vanish.

I'd like the start of QT to be much slower, so you can see people enter a quantum tunnel with maybe a stretching effect with alsorts of wispy and particle light stuff going on and then *CRACK* its gone....

Soldato
Okay so i've jumped back on for the first time in almost a year and with the new hardware its actually pretty playable now! I'm getting mostly above 60fp and as high as 90 fps on high settings. CPU and GPU usage is still low around 50% but its much better than before. Just spent the past hour equipping my character and getting back upto speed. Can't even remember how to fly lol so that's gonna be a challenge!

Caporegime
Okay so i've jumped back on for the first time in almost a year and with the new hardware its actually pretty playable now! I'm getting mostly above 60fp and as high as 90 fps on high settings. CPU and GPU usage is still low around 50% but its much better than before. Just spent the past hour equipping my character and getting back upto speed. Can't even remember how to fly lol so that's gonna be a challenge!

From 3.16 on they started adding a lot of the Gen 12 and Vulkan API.

The Gen 12 renderer is CIG's proprietary back-end API and Vulkan is the graphics API they will be using going forward, last work on that about 3 months ago about 70% of those were done and in, it says DX11 on the OSD but a lot of it is actually Vulkan, hence the much improved performance.
There are still some systems to be ported over to Gen 12 and Vulkan so there are still more performance optimisations to come, its all due for completion in this year, its also critical for server meshing which is critical for multiple star systems, due early next year and at that point we are finally on the road to Beta.

Soldato
Me and a mate of mine did the new reclaimer derelict mission thats in space...

Wow!! it was brilliant!!

I wont spoil it but damm that is a good good missions to do.

My mate stayed on longer and did another misison that is not even mentioned in any of the patch notes...

He was reading the misison details to me before i headed to bed and at first it sounded a bit like seige of orison? but it wasnt when i saw his pics! @humbug u see the pics he posted ?

Caporegime
Me and a mate of mine did the new reclaimer derelict mission thats in space...

Wow!! it was brilliant!!

I wont spoil it but damm that is a good good missions to do.

My mate stayed on longer and did another misison that is not even mentioned in any of the patch notes...

He was reading the misison details to me before i headed to bed and at first it sounded a bit like seige of orison? but it wasnt when i saw his pics! @humbug u see the pics he posted ?

No, post them here :)

Soldato
From 3.16 on they started adding a lot of the Gen 12 and Vulkan API.

The Gen 12 renderer is CIG's proprietary back-end API and Vulkan is the graphics API they will be using going forward, last work on that about 3 months ago about 70% of those were done and in, it says DX11 on the OSD but a lot of it is actually Vulkan, hence the much improved performance.
There are still some systems to be ported over to Gen 12 and Vulkan so there are still more performance optimisations to come, its all due for completion in this year, its also critical for server meshing which is critical for multiple star systems, due early next year and at that point we are finally on the road to Beta.
yup. 4.0 to 5.0 is the road to beta.

i expect from 4.0 t0 5.0 they will start adding gold standard features and content into the game and by 5.0 we should have all the proffesions nailed down gold standard(mining up to an orion, salvaging gold tier, cargo gold tier, base building gold tier etc etc) plus maybe a few more star systems and we good to go.

I hope the beta will have dynamic server meshing or at least static server meshing with 500 players per shard

Back
Top Bottom