******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Caporegime
The mole can fit in a 400i btw

ScreenShot-2022-07-04_22-03-52-8B4.jpg

ScreenShot-2022-07-04_22-04-18-C59.jpg

Holly #### a vehicle that actually fits on the 400i's lift??????????? So it might be worth having one now. :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
Holly #### a vehicle that actually fits on the 400i's lift??????????? So it might actually be worth having one now. :cry:
HAHA yea man it was simple stuff to get in on. no messing about.

We loaded the mule in and then went and flew to do a bunker mission and took it out again

After we did the reclaimer mission, he wanted to drive the mule out of space for laughs and whilst doing that i was moving the ship around trying to prevent him from exiting hehe and he blew up my ship haha which led to him getting a crimestat for some reason and "unlocking that secret mission"

Soldato
Okay so i've jumped back on for the first time in almost a year and with the new hardware its actually pretty playable now! I'm getting mostly above 60fp and as high as 90 fps on high settings. CPU and GPU usage is still low around 50% but its much better than before. Just spent the past hour equipping my character and getting back upto speed. Can't even remember how to fly lol so that's gonna be a challenge!
Lol I know the feeling. Just trying to catch up on how things work whilst waiting for a new GPU. Second time around it should be a lot easier I think. Especially if I can get some tips for some veterans.

Associate
Every time I see the 400i I want it to be a ramming / blockade runner ship with that front end. :D I think the 600i will be one of my long term in game goals to get.

Have just watched a new Morphologis vid going over some of the .2 features that summed it up quite well. x2 speed as normal with YT ;)

Soldato
That video was great, watched it last night. Really looking forward to this patch actually. Lots of little things to go explore, even if there is no big step change in gameplay bar the new Orison Siege mission.

There's a fricking search button on the shop kiosks!!!! :cry:

Caporegime
Every time I see the 400i I want it to be a ramming / blockade runner ship with that front end. :D I think the 600i will be one of my long term in game goals to get.

Have just watched a new Morphologis vid going over some of the .2 features that summed it up quite well. x2 speed as normal with YT ;)

"We are going to lose some stuff this time unfortunately, but not money and reputation"

What? that's wrong, we will lose our money, that has been confirmed by CIG.

Soldato
From 3.16 on they started adding a lot of the Gen 12 and Vulkan API.

The Gen 12 renderer is CIG's proprietary back-end API and Vulkan is the graphics API they will be using going forward, last work on that about 3 months ago about 70% of those were done and in, it says DX11 on the OSD but a lot of it is actually Vulkan, hence the much improved performance.
There are still some systems to be ported over to Gen 12 and Vulkan so there are still more performance optimisations to come, its all due for completion in this year, its also critical for server meshing which is critical for multiple star systems, due early next year and at that point we are finally on the road to Beta.
I've learnt so far that SC still doesn't like overclocks, i've had 1 blue screen and 1 random ctd so far in the past few hours i've played. I've taken the overclock off and its not crashed since.

Maybe my overclock wasn't that stable to begin with.

Looking forward to all the performance upgrades and implementations though, it's been a long time coming! Finally getting to a point where its playable for me. I'm guessing the server meshing will fix a lot of the stuttering in stations as well?

Caporegime
I've learnt so far that SC still doesn't like overclocks, i've had 1 blue screen and 1 random ctd so far in the past few hours i've played. I've taken the overclock off and its not crashed since.

Maybe my overclock wasn't that stable to begin with.

Looking forward to all the performance upgrades and implementations though, it's been a long time coming! Finally getting to a point where its playable for me. I'm guessing the server meshing will fix a lot of the stuttering in stations as well?

Its a good stress test, my CPU, GPU and RAM are overclocked and its 100% stable in SC BUT higher overclocks are sniffed out as not stable by SC, for example if i run my GPU +150Mhz its absolutely fine, solid, but in SC at some point, sooner or later it will CTD, same with the CPU, i can run a more aggressive negative curve on my CPU with pretty much anything other than SC which will sniff it out, my screen just goes black as the PC hard resets its self.

I think some of the complaints about SC stability are that, its people running overclocks that are completely stable until they get to SC, the overclocks i'm running now i have done for about a year and its never an issue, and i often play it for many hours straight, there are others when i'm in whatever Discord channel who occasionally crash out, i have suggested reducing their overclocks "NO ITS FINE" okay.... :)

Soldato
Its a good stress test, my CPU, GPU and RAM are overclocked and its 100% stable in SC BUT higher overclocks are sniffed out as not stable by SC, for example if i run my GPU +150Mhz its absolutely fine, solid, but in SC at some point, sooner or later it will CTD, same with the CPU, i can run a more aggressive negative curve on my CPU with pretty much anything other than SC which will sniff it out, my screen just goes black as the PC hard resets its self.

I think some of the complaints about SC stability are that, its people running overclocks that are completely stable until they get to SC, the overclocks i'm running now i have done for about a year and its never an issue, and i often play it for many hours straight, there are others when i'm in whatever Discord channel who occasionally crash out, i have suggested reducing their overclocks "NO ITS FINE" okay.... :)
I think this accounts for the majority of hardware issues, owners fiddling around not really understanding it! I find the hardware is so fast these days there's no need to have the hassle of diagnosing crashes.

Caporegime
I think this accounts for the majority of hardware issues, owners fiddling around not really understanding it! I find the hardware is so fast these days there's no need to have the hassle of diagnosing crashes.

I feel, perhaps only the placebo sense that a bit of the core and more than anything on the GPU memory helps smooth out texture and asset streaming, the CPU is actually only running 50Mhz higher, 4.85Ghz to 4.9Ghz, its nothing but its more about running a negative curve, less power = less heat = more boosting in that 4.9Ghz window, i brought the cores power maximum down from 105 Watts to 80 watts, so a lot more.

So the CPU tweaks actually make a difference, the 100/400 on the GPU? Probably not. Maybe 5%?

Associate
Yeah unless you're stress testing your oc clocks most apps won't push it anywhere near what SC is currently doing. And even a lot of the stress programs can vary in in the inconsistences they cause. I know I had to tweak my memory timings just for SC.

Soldato
Yeah unless you're stress testing your oc clocks most apps won't push it anywhere near what SC is currently doing. And even a lot of the stress programs can vary in in the inconsistences they cause. I know I had to tweak my memory timings just for SC.
I'll say that was always a good recommendation by 8Pack. The best stress test is to just run the stuff you use your PC for, doesn't get more relevant than that.

Soldato
TDLR(Current sprint/work),

meshing of servers done.
new AI markers and map done.
DGS crash recovery done.
hull c done.
long term persistence loading and saving stuff to entity graph done.
physical damage on large objects like ships, done.
subsumption AI in engine done
gen12 task done

Soldato
It is really stupid :)
Upgraded my Anvil to the gladius yesterday and i much prefer it! Just seems overall a much more nimble ship. I need to get into some actual fighting next after trying to get the hang of flying in atmosphere and space. It really isn't easy using just keyboard and mouse.

Soldato
I still haven't sussed out navigation though, say if i want to leave area18 and find a space station nearby to land on and create a new spawn point. How do i do that and how do i locate it on the map?

Soldato
@Jay85
The major stations around planets are located roughly above the major city landing zone. Either spool up and look around for the square icon while you're leaving atmosphere, or use the star map and plot a course to it.

To change your spawn point, go to the medical facility at the station and use the console in the reception area to switch it there.

Back
Top Bottom