• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Official THIEF-Incorporating AMD™ Mantle™/True Audio™/Bench mark Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Good to see performance looks good on single cards, looking forward to some new drivers tomorrow too:D

One thing though...how are you guys benchmarking it already? I thought it wasn't out till Friday!

I used saferVPN (register it for a 14 day free trial). Exit steam completely. Fire up VPN and set your country as Japan and once it says connected, start Steam and then click on Thief :)

Soldato
OP
Hot off the press. LT Exclusive.

Tomorrow?

Bit ******* late AMD!:o:p

• For AMD, please install AMD Catalyst 14.2 Beta, or if you are uncomfortable using a Beta driver, the most recent released official Catalyst driver.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=141619

Today.

Nice more drivers :D people expecting performance to be perfect out the gate at least wait for driver support.

If there is moar performance on 14.2, try and redeem themselves a bit, maybe there will be a CrossFire profile............

not that I care.:p

I don't want to add my bench and get shouted at™ :D

:D

We should have Mantle and DirectX scores in the same thread as a comparison to see how each works on different hardware.

Yes i know for a fact that tommy is going to add Mantle and DX11 scores to this thread, so no need for two threads. :)

Regretting it already:p, Mantle and DX results will be added.:cool:

Soldato
OP
290X@1175/1475, [email protected] fps

5290645b4102f6b84d5e3ca28bc27aaa.jpg

Soldato
Some more screenies (some duplicates from earlier as I couldn't be bothered to filter them out :p)

I think the lighting is great once you knock the brightness down! Atmosphere increases 10 fold once the shadows actually look like shadows. Was fairly linear to start, the first 15 minutes with the girl but seems to have opened up a bit now.

nEUTBNll.jpg
bmVLk5Yl.jpg
0zzcR76l.jpg
8OhjRppl.jpg.png
lARS56Dl.jpg
ZqwdpZOl.jpg
2HocGnHl.jpg.png
7aLzearl.jpg
LcuWqaXl.jpg
EATMICcl.jpg
1IN22mkl.jpg
zYdc2v9l.jpg
yhLnqx9l.jpg
THb4TPvl.jpg.png
sTL9JqXl.jpg
w3eIMpLl.jpg
0IgVpuEl.jpg
Z14gWD3l.jpg.png
e8yZXvjl.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm not having much luck using FlyVPN to unlock this. Can rarely connect as the free servers are full and the few times i did connect it was unable to connect to the vpn - error message. Think ill give up now.

Soldato
Just redid the benchmark at default catalyst settings which I imagine most people are using (My usual settings I turn off surface optimisations and stick mipmap quality to High to increase IQ)

1080p Maximum settings as per OP

[email protected] 290x @ 1030/1250 (stock)

Average fps: 68.6

Last edited:
Caporegime
"Thief support - The first driver for Thief featuring day 0 performance optimisations for DX11"

Seriously? They add that like it is a brilliant coup :rolleyes:

Ohhh and

"Mantle and BF4
Multi-GPU Mantle gaming is ready for beta testing!"

You lucky crossfire users you :p You get to be the guinea pigs.

Caporegime
Ohhh and

"Mantle and BF4
Multi-GPU Mantle gaming is ready for beta testing!"

You lucky crossfire users you :p You get to be the guinea pigs.

After seeing Shanklys Mantle vids my body is ready for some of that thank you very much. The sooner i can move away from DX11 and run my cpu at stock the better. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom