• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Official THIEF-Incorporating AMD™ Mantle™/True Audio™/Bench mark Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I am wondering what the point is of having a Mantle Benchmark thread (http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18577693) and then a separate thread for every Mantle title? Wouldn't it be best to keep all relevant benchmark stuff together rather than splitting it over multiple threads?

No it would not. Thief deserves its own benchmark thread, just like Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider do.

On a side note, didn't Greg get a thread shutdown when he started a Mantle benchmark thread before it was released?
I might be remembering incorrectly, but if not I'm wondering why it's OK for some but not others? (Just in case I was ever tempted to start such a thread)

If you're going to start a Mantle benchmark/feedback thread, it makes sense to have an AMD card and be able to use Mantle yourself. You've got more chance of winning the lottery than Greg buying an AMD card to try Mantle out. Hence the correct decision was made to lock the thread and pass it on to someone else. It would be similar to me starting a Gsync thread, which i have no intention of doing btw.

I'm glad that the Thief thread is in the hands of Tommy.

Soldato
No it would not. Thief deserves its own benchmark thread, just like Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider do.

If you're going to start a Mantle benchmark/feedback thread, it makes sense to have an AMD card and be able to use Mantle yourself. You've got more chance of winning the lottery than Greg buying an AMD card to try Mantle out. Hence the correct decision was made to lock the thread and pass it on to someone else. It would be similar to me starting a Gsync thread, which i have no intention of doing btw.

But what other thread would Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider go in? Is there a DirectX Benchmarks thread I've not seen?
Also, those 2 have inbuilt benchmarks don't they?
Starting a benchmark thread for everything that uses Mantle seems a little desperate to me. We didn't benchmark every DirectX game that was released.
Are people that desperate to prove Mantle is better than DirectX that everything has to be benchmarked?
I understand the Firestrike threads and the Heaven threads and the Sleeping Dogs/Tomb Raider/Hitman/Metro2033 style benchmarking threads as they have inbuilt benchmarks. This thread has been started before we even know if the game does that.

I've also no issue at all with Tommy running the thread. But at the same time I'm not sure why Greg running a thread was such a big issue either, unless he was going to tamper with the results to fit his agenda?
There's also all this talk of Mantle being open and the future and that Nvidia will HAVE to use it. In which case is it not possible that then Greg could use it on his Nvidia cards?

Soldato
But what other thread would Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider go in? Is there a DirectX Benchmarks thread I've not seen?
Starting a benchmark thread for everything that uses Mantle seems a little desperate to me. We didn't benchmark every DirectX game that was released.
Are people that desperate to prove Mantle is better than DirectX that everything has to be benchmarked?
I understand the Firestrike threads and the Heaven threads and the Sleeping Dogs/Tomb Raider/Hitman/Metro2033 style benchmarking threads as they have inbuilt benchmarks. This thread has been started before we even know if the game does that.

I've also no issue at all with Tommy running the thread. But at the same time I'm not sure why Greg running a thread was such a big issue either, unless he was going to tamper with the results to fit his agenda?
There's also all this talk of Mantle being open and the future and that Nvidia will HAVE to use it. In which case is it not possible that then Greg could use it on his Nvidia cards?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Soldato

Like it matters?
If something is better than something else what good is it hiding it from the rest? They will never know something else is better out there.

Mantle deserves to be shown off, so every single Mantle enabled game will get a new Bench thread :p

I asked you a question you ever happy?

Caporegime

Oh god...

This.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That.

Mobster
Soldato

What your saying there is that you really only should be starting threads about Mantle if you have an AMD card and be able to use it ? So I couldnt start a game benchmark thread unless I owned the game ? I couldnt post in the 780ti thread as I am a 780 owner ?

Your thought process is pretty ridiculous.

Caporegime
What your saying there is that you really only should be starting threads about Mantle if you have an AMD card and be able to use it ? So I couldnt start a game benchmark thread unless I owned the game ? I couldnt post in the 780ti thread as I am a 780 owner ?

Your thought process is pretty ridiculous.

No what im saying is this was the much anticipated Mantle benchmark/feedback thread. No harm in other people starting other Mantle type threads. At the time though Mantle was yet to be released and Dons asked me to create it specifically, based on my other AMD guide/help threads. If you don't like that, take it up with them or start your own Mantle thread. No use crying over spilt milk Lamby chops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom