1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**Official THIEF-Incorporating AMD™ Mantle™/True Audio™/Bench mark Thread**

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by tommybhoy, Feb 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SS-89

Sgarrista

I like to dabble in 3d gaming so it makes quite a big difference when crossfire doesn't work! Like I said too much time seems to be devoted to Mantle and not enough to getting the fundamental issues in order! I have now come to the realisation that Mantle isn't something I'll ever really use as directx provides enough performance for me and I would miss SweetFX too much (unless a mantle version is released).

2. Gregster

Caporegime

Well if it is any consolation, I am also a 3D gamer and 3D is completely broken in this at present. It does look like it would suit 3D as well, so if they fix it soon, I may well give it a play.

3. tommybhoy

Capodecina

I'll update the scores later.:)

+1,

Iv'e said that from the start when Mantle was announced for Thief, I doubt it's bringing anything to the table for me, maybe it's a game changer on low level gpu's, but even mid range gpus will smash Thief@1080p.

It's looking like an engine fault as it's not working on any 14.* AMD driver.

4. BriT

Mobster

Heres mine :

[​IMG]

4770K @ 4.4GHZ 780 @ Stock

Hmmm, i seem to get worst scores when overclocking? how does that work lol

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  5. cmsbfent

Hitman

What drivers are crossfire users using?

I'm on the 9.2 betas for the sake of no choppy sounds with vsync, and performance is a bit meh at times. That's with 3x r290s

Dips down to the low 50s

It's not the nicest looking game from the first mission, so don't see why it should run worse than tombraider

Also, in the menus, I'm getting some weird effect where some letters are missing from the menu headings. So, instead of seeing graphic options, I'm seeing g a hic o t o s

How all very meh

6. 7stars

Associate

hi, can you tell me how it works if you add a CCC profile for Thief and choose a crossfire exe like e.g. Dishonored.exe (since it's done with UE3 too) ? thanks :)
    p.s.: but if you have 2x290x maybe you will have issues the same with the audio stuttering bug... so someone else with other cards can try that ?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  7. shankly1985

Capodecina

No disappointment here :D I waiting till March patch. :D

8. Silent_Scone

Capodecina

AMD game without a crossfire profile?

And to think there was a grand conspiracy at the next day patch when Batman had no Crossfire support.

Some serious head to desk stuff. How do you people cope :D

9. IT Troll

Wise Guy

Really? No Mantle or Crossfire on release day for an AMD game? :(

I doesn't matter how good performance promises to be, if by then people have moved on and are playing something else.

I nearly pulled the trigger on one of those bargain 7990 but instead went for a 780Ti. Multi-GPU setups, either AMD or Nvidia, really are way too much of a new game lottery.

10. Gregster

Caporegime

Unless they do some miracle with the sound, I feel you are going to be let down on True Audio Shanks. The sound for me is awful. I hear people clear as day through walls and moving away doesn't make their volume drop and just silly things. The repetitive NPC's will also drive you nuts.

I hope they do use True Audio to its fullest but I feel it is going to be a bit of an after thought bud. Hopefully I am wrong, and quite interested to see how True Audio pans out (pun intended) :)

11. Tonester0011

Soldato

Is the gameplay good? Might as well cancel the download if the game itself is pants.

12. Gregster

Caporegime

Give it a play. If you are on crap internet still, do it over night, where it doesn't hurt so much when you realise how poo this game is :D

13. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

I get lots of stutter with vsync enabled on my 7990. Will try the 14.2s.

14. LtMatt

Caporegime

Try disabling frame pacing as a possible alternative solution.

15. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

Well that has certainly improved things. Still not incredibly smooth though, but will save me the hassle of updating the drivers.

Would be much simpler if I could just get Radeon Pro to work with this game.

16. LtMatt

Caporegime

Now try locking or limiting fps via afterburner at 60 or 59. (try both and see which works better)

17. Darujhistan

Mobster

Do I get Mantle on my lowly card?

18. LtMatt

Caporegime

Yes, but the best performance optimizations are for 290 cards only at the moment. Not to say you won't get a nice boost though, even with a 7850.

19. Darujhistan

Mobster

Nice. Should be good performance boost to look forward to on a 280x when I get it then.

I thought Mantle was just an audio thing, I didn't realise it had perfomance enhancing capabilities.

How much have you gained so far roughly speaking?

20. Th0nt

Soldato

You may get a decent boost as it's a GCN card. TrueAudio and Mantle are different features. Not all the range support TA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.