• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Official THIEF-Incorporating AMD™ Mantle™/True Audio™/Bench mark Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I might try and complete it at some point.

New benchmark on CPU overhead reducing drivers.

780Ti SLi

1306/1900

2014_04_07_00003.jpg

Soldato
Not a good game at all. AMD picked another sucker to showcase tech on.

I Have now Jumped off the AMD boat tbh and been rescued by the NVIDIA Gigabyte 780 TI windforce boat. Thief kind of helped to make that decision.

Could not be happier. Less noise, better performance (in the games i Play Batman etc.) Have to say some of the Game Works stuff is awesome. Id rather have PhysX, TXAA etc than mantle thus far.

I'm not digging at AMD, but for me personally going back to NVIDIA i just feel AMD are always "a day late & a dollar short" every time. The 290X is brutal card, I mean it really does trade blows with a Titan and TI's but it all just feels in vain.

Also I see NVIDIA getting into bed with MS and DX12, more and more of the games I want/Play all seem to go with NVIDIA I just had to jump.

I enjoyed my time with AMD, but sadly going to back to playing games on NVIDIA i just feel like I'm back home again.

did you have to make a post like this?

User issues i presume

Caporegime
Not a good game at all. AMD picked another sucker to showcase tech on.

I Have now Jumped off the AMD boat tbh and been rescued by the NVIDIA Gigabyte 780 TI windforce boat. Thief kind of helped to make that decision.

Could not be happier. Less noise, better performance (in the games i Play Batman etc.) Have to say some of the Game Works stuff is awesome. Id rather have PhysX, TXAA etc than mantle thus far.

I'm not digging at AMD, but for me personally going back to NVIDIA i just feel AMD are always "a day late & a dollar short" every time. The 290X is brutal card, I mean it really does trade blows with a Titan and TI's but it all just feels in vain.

Also I see NVIDIA getting into bed with MS and DX12, more and more of the games I want/Play all seem to go with NVIDIA I just had to jump.

I enjoyed my time with AMD, but sadly going to back to playing games on NVIDIA i just feel like I'm back home again.

Good info :)

Soldato
Shame really. By committing yourself to one brand doesn't do you any favours in the long term.

Mantle has not launched perfectly, and the game developers have made an equal hash of it to be fair.

Rather than judge a book by it's cover, I think I will wait and see over the year before being too critical.

Wait a year? lol That's like a decade in GPU cycles :D

Soldato
Lets be honest all we have seen of mantle is it being patched in to a few games. Hopefully over time it will be used properly and show what it's capable of. Lets be honest just about every dx version has taken a year or 2 to show real benefits and even then that's debatable. Dx9 was the last dx that imo moved things on a good deal.

Caporegime
Mantle is in 2 games so far and when we look at the performance of single cards (can't use Crossfire, as Mantle doesn't work in crossfire yet), we see this.

1. MjFrosty-780ti@1315/1965, [email protected]
2. khemist-780Ti@1410/1905, [email protected]
3. gregster-Titan@1267/3767, [email protected]
4. tommybhoy-290X@1175/1475, [email protected]
5. whyscotty-Titan@1241/1802, [email protected]
6. zpaf-AMD 290@1200/1600, [email protected]
7. stulid-290X@1190/1460, [email protected]
8. uksoldierboy- AMD 290X@1150/1400, [email protected]
8. hyperseven-290X@1130/1450, [email protected]
9. SieB-290@1000/1300, [email protected]/MANTLE-68.5

---shankly-290@977/1250, [email protected]

Top 3 are DX :cool:

Soldato
Mantle is in 2 games so far and when we look at the performance of single cards (can't use Crossfire, as Mantle doesn't work in crossfire yet), we see this.

Yea and check the clocks used to get there lol. Also most mantle users would tell you they are getting smoother gameplay despite having less fps. Anyhow in the words of mantle users.

Once you go mantle you never go back.

Soldato

And the clock speeds to get there are far beyond normal consumer reach.
Where the AMD cards clocks anyone can get.

Caporegime
Yea and check the clocks used to get there lol. Also most mantle users would tell you they are getting smoother gameplay despite having less fps. Anyhow in the words of mantle users.

None of the clocks are special. Mine was a low clocked run just for kicks. Smoother gameplay is cool and nice to hear that they are getting away from unsmooth (should be a word) gameplay :cool: No one should have to play with gameplay that isn't smooth, so good on AMD for giving their customers smooth gameplay :cool:

Soldato
None of the clocks are special. Mine was a low clocked run just for kicks. Smoother gameplay is cool and nice to hear that they are getting away from unsmooth (should be a word) gameplay :cool: No one should have to play with gameplay that isn't smooth, so good on AMD for giving their customers smooth gameplay :cool:

Personally always thought dx was smooth but if it can get smoother i am all for it. Hopefully dx12 will provide mantle smoothness for all.

Soldato
Said it before and say it again, even someone other day pointed out about DX on BF4+Nvidia feeling choppy "Who was it?"
Mantle you only after look at my gameplays I have recorded to see just how smooth the Frame rate change is. Going from 180fps down to 100fps you cant even feel the change. DX is a completely different story.

You can trust me when I say this once DX12 comes along and if its anything like Mantle you in for a treat. Nothing as of yet comes close and you can keep kidding yourself DX11 is smooth.

Soldato

And the clock speeds to get there are far beyond normal consumer reach.
Where the AMD cards clocks anyone can get.

No they're not.

My 780Ti is average silicon. It's a reference card.

Soldato
No they're not.

My 780Ti is average silicon. It's a reference card.

Is it average silicon on air or water because on water nothing is average compared to air. Is this still running the original ti bios? Anyhow it looks like on nvidia a 6 core Cpu makes a huge difference. Khemist would be well into the 100's if he had one. Just goes to show though when amd sponsor a game performance all around is good.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Said it before and say it again, even someone other day pointed out about DX on BF4+Nvidia feeling choppy "Who was it?"
Mantle you only after look at my gameplays I have recorded to see just how smooth the Frame rate change is. Going from 180fps down to 100fps you cant even feel the change. DX is a completely different story.

You can trust me when I say this once DX12 comes along and if its anything like Mantle you in for a treat. Nothing as of yet comes close and you can keep kidding yourself DX11 is smooth.

You are comparing AMD DX though and you had crossfire, which was stuttering and a mess in DX. They (AMD) have only just fixed this with frame pacing and you are telling other AMD users how smooth Mantle is, which is great but nVidia owners have had it smooth for so long (since 2008) in SLI and you seem to think we have had the same unsmooth gameplay but really we haven't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom