• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**** Official Titan owners thread. ****

Caporegime
I read one review of gpu performance tests with Crysis 3, they named it the system killer, and this was only on High settings with 4xmsaa medium :eek:.

Titan SLI @1920x1080 had very nice framerates (95fps) but @5,760x1080 was just under 40fps.

If I am honest, I was expecting tough but that is seriously tough. Everything was set to the max and that was unplayable. 2*MSAA wasn't much better in honest but playable.

V F

V F

Soldato
Ok,ok I will give it a good de-dust :p

Just done 2 bench tests in games and Crysis 3!!! Ohhhh Mannnnn, killer :(

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
7729, 300000, 16, 35, 25.763

First mission (in the rain on the ships) and everything maxed with 8*MSAA

I'll say, I'm not impressed. I'd want a minimum of 60. Two cards like that should rip through anything. Not average 25. 16 is just a slideshow.

I would have thought in 2013 with cards like that, any sort of AA would require no worry whatsoever. "crap, I have to turn this down!"

Soldato
I'll say, I'm not impressed. I'd want a minimum of 60. Two cards like that should rip through anything. Not average 25. 16 is just a slideshow.

I would have thought in 2013 with cards like that, any sort of AA would require no worry whatsoever. "crap, I have to turn this down!"

he is using 3 monitors though, what do you expect?

Soldato
OP
If I am honest, I was expecting tough but that is seriously tough. Everything was set to the max and that was unplayable. 2*MSAA wasn't much better in honest but playable.

I've done a bit of testing with IQ on Crysis 3 and SMAAx2 is the best IQ / best performance option... the MSAA implementation seems fundamentally broken as it looks rubbish unless on 8x and the frame rate hit of 2x is nearly as bad

there are also some known frame rate killing objects in Crysis 3 at the moment and Crytek have said they will be releasing a patch to tidy up performance soon

I would steer clear of Crysis 3 as a proper benchmarking tool for a while until they get the bugs worked out - it is the game rather than the cards that are at fault

Associate
Will an 850w psu handle
x2 Asus GeForce GTX Titan 6144MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
Intel Core i7-3820 3.60GHz (Sandybridge-E) Socket LGA2011 Processor - Retail
Gigabyte X79-UP4 Intel X79 (Socket 2011) DDR3 Motherboard
NZXT Phantom Enthusiast USB3.0 Full Tower Case - Red/White
Samsung 120GB SSD 840 SATA 6Gb/s Basic - (MZ-7TD120BW)
GeIL Enhance Corsa 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Quad Channel Kit (GEC316GB1600C9QC)

u have money to buy 2 titans and dont have money to buy proper psu?

i have money to buy ferrari but no money for gas :D

psu is most important thing constant clean voltage will guarantee best pc health

min buy http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-098-CS&groupid=701&catid=123&subcat=1084

or enermax 1000 and up

Caporegime
I've done a bit of testing with IQ on Crysis 3 and SMAAx2 is the best IQ / best performance option... the MSAA implementation seems fundamentally broken as it looks rubbish unless on 8x and the frame rate hit of 2x is nearly as bad

there are also some known frame rate killing objects in Crysis 3 at the moment and Crytek have said they will be releasing a patch to tidy up performance soon

I would steer clear of Crysis 3 as a proper benchmarking tool for a while until they get the bugs worked out - it is the game rather than the cards that are at fault

I am doing bench runs for the hard hitting games and popping everything on max. I have no concerns because if you look at my 3DMark firestrike score with a small overclock, it is hitting the same scores roughly as a 690. This is a single Titan run. Crysis 3 can do one as far as I am concerned :p

My single card Titan run
Vs
A 690

Associate

SLI doesn't work in that map properly anyway

Associate
Permabanned

Is that with 2 cards?

There'll probably be a few drivers to come before SLI works properly on them

Associate
I'm still in the warehouse queue, so it looks like Tuesday at the earliest for me. A bit gutted as I was hoping for a play over the weekend.

Glad the cards have gone down well with the ones that have them.

Back
Top Bottom