*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

Soldato
@212.159.5.208
In this image you haven't enabled advanced features, enable that then on the device you will get the option for band steering:
9-EBC0944-1-A0-A-4-EF4-A08-F-E436129-B13-A7.png

Soldato
Yes, you’ve disabled B now.

A faster access point will enable a fast client to go fast. A sensitive antenna (like the LR) will help keep in contact with clients. Your signal strength looks generally OK (anything better than -65dBi is OK).

I’m not really sure what you were expecting? The AP-AC-Lite and AP-AC-LR are both excellent access points and as far as I can see they’re giving you reasonable performance. 165Mbps will max out most UK broadband connections so that should be fine and if you need to do file transfers then WLAN is never going to be anywhere near as good as cable. If you look back up the thread someone posted that they had a 960Mbps link on WLAN, and it turned out it was a wired gigabit LAN connection. So 165Mbps on AC looks OK to me.

So here is how it’s looking via the app. I’ve asked IT too allow me access.

Kids are home so soon find out about issue. Wife is home lunchtime so will defo know then.

Need to sort my uplink to the switch as this is a homeplug.

Might deploy my Asus RT AC68U again latter. I miss some of the features and having a decent DNS.

Thank you for all the help so far. Any other settings changes to be advised about?

Soldato
Looks liek a new controller version dropped, I cn now add icons to all my devices! Either that or I joned the beta version by accident!
Spent 15 mins going through what devices I could add.

fnlnvdn.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Looking for some advice regarding my current ER X and Unifi setup.

I currently use the Unifi controller on my PC as it runs 24/7 when I am home. I'm looking at building a new PC shortly so do I need to do anything about removal of the access point from this computer and re-adopt on the new one or is it a case of just logging in once the controller is re-installed?

Soldato
Given that you only have one Access Point, I would be tempted to forget it and re-adopt it, just in case.

In theory, it's very straightforward to back up the controller config and move it from one device to another but it doesn't always go completely to plan!

Soldato
Looking for some advice regarding my current ER X and Unifi setup.

I currently use the Unifi controller on my PC as it runs 24/7 when I am home. I'm looking at building a new PC shortly so do I need to do anything about removal of the access point from this computer and re-adopt on the new one or is it a case of just logging in once the controller is re-installed?

Are you running any hotspot services? For 99% of installations you don't need the controller running all the time.
I'd advise running a backup from within the controller, build new PC, make sure you use same IP as old build, restore backup, job done.

Soldato
Are you running any hotspot services? For 99% of installations you don't need the controller running all the time.
I'd advise running a backup from within the controller, build new PC, make sure you use same IP as old build, restore backup, job done.

It is just a very basic setup. I may just forget the access point and re-adopt again. I'll make a backup of the config though just incase. Thanks folks.

Soldato
Hi Guys, tried to install my AC-LR point that I just bought from amazon. Plugged it in to the poe injector, connected it to my super hub 3 and I get a constant white light and a ticking/scratching sound. Can't find it through the mobile app. Google suggests it's faulty? any ideas.

Hi Guys, tried to install my AC-LR point that I just bought from amazon. Plugged it in to the poe injector, connected it to my super hub 3 and I get a constant white light and a ticking/scratching sound. Can't find it through the mobile app. Google suggests it's faulty? any ideas.

There is an app for Chrome to locate it.

You can also use the app on your phone

Soldato
What app and phone? Presume the phone is connected to the current WiFi network that the Unify is then connected too.

Mine make a slight noise

Managed to get it connected and working but the clicking and screeching is just too much. Sounds like coil whine. Not what I expect from a brand new product.

Back
Top Bottom