1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

Discussion in 'Networks & Internet Connectivity' started by RoyMi6, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Beerbaron

Soldato

I'm going to wait for a bit before i update mine.

2. RSR

Sgarrista

Nope, this one includes the 1.6.7 PB fixes, 1.7.0 doesn't include them.

3. WJA96

Capodecina

Can anyone explain the current firmware/software release naming because they seem to have abandoned the old "outright Beta", "Release Candidate Beta", "Stable Release" and "LTS Release" structure.

4. RSR

Sgarrista

I think the word you are looking for there is lucky dip, I personally have no idea what's going on with the firmware naming at the mo.

The switching ones seem the worse, as its RC after RC after RC.

5. thewanted

Soldato

Hey,

I'm hoping you guys can help because I'm battling to find a solution for this problem.

I have 1 x AP AC Lite connected to a TP-Link router via ethernet. That's it. I use the Ubiquiti app on my phone to configure it when I need to.

In the past year or so I've been unable to connect to the AP via the app because it keeps telling me that the credentials I'm using are wrong, even though I'm pretty damn sure that the ones I have saved in LastPass are correct.

I am between broadband providers at the moment, so I thought it would be a good time to factory reset the AP in order to gain access to it and reset the password. I've scanned the QR code with the app and it adds it as a standalone device, but when I try to access the AP I get the same error that I did when it rejected the credentials that I thought were correct. I've confirmed that the app is using the default ubnt/ubnt credentials, and the light on the AP is static white.

What am I doing wrong? Do I have to have Internet access in order to access the device?

EDIT: Don't worry. It was a PEBKAC mistake. The AP was still connected to the Vodafone router and since I have terminated that service, the AP was asking for sign-in to that network. I plugged the AP back into my trusty TP-Link W9970 router and I can access it just fine now with ubnt/ubnt.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  6. bledd

Don

Does anyone know the name of their yet to be released Gateway? I'm sure I saw it on their community before, but can't find it..

It's similar to the UDM Pro, but without the built in controller, no switch and no CCTV.. Basically a rackmount update to the USG-Pro 4..

7. Kol

Don

UXG?

8. bledd

Don

That's the one :)

Ah, 10G WAN, probably going to be $$$$.
    Edit, just noticed the UDM Pro has 10G WAN too, hopefully this'll keep the price of the UXG down..

9. WJA96

Capodecina

I believe the target price is US$200. So £200-ish.

It’s still not in Early Access at the moment and UnifiOS/UBiOS is proving challenging to get right on the UDM line so I wouldn’t expect to see anything in stores this side of Christmas.

10. balanceballs

Gangster

Anyone using a Unifi Dream Machine? Any good? I need a replacement wireless router/access point and this seems to be a good option.

11. WJA96

Capodecina

You’ll need to check the Beta firmware threads to make sure that what you need isn’t on the ‘being fixed’ list. The hardware is strong but the firmware/controller integration isn’t quite ready and, while it probably will all get fixed, Ubiquiti have a long history of not fixing things and getting away with it.

12. Beerbaron

Soldato

I bought one last week. The firmware is all over the place.

13. WJA96

Capodecina

Would it be honest to say that what works is solid and that there are gaps which don’t. So if the bits that work cover what is required, it’s a good device?

14. Caged

Capodecina

Until they push out an update and break something you use

15. WJA96

Capodecina

That’s not impossible but it’s unlikely. They’re a bit pants, but they’re not ASUS...

16. balanceballs

Gangster

What's the ideal solution then? I'm after (ideally) an all in one solution but whichever consumer wireless router I buy, it's always overwhelmed if more than a few devices try to do anything intensive. I don't have the space or ability to run cables in order to set up a proper unifi system with the various switches, gateways and access points.

I'm assuming that the Amplifi stuff is a similar story? That's also made by Ubiquiti as i understand. This type of thing: https://amplifi.com/gamers-edition

17. Bluecube

Wise Guy

I thought Ubiquiti made quality stuff but from reading the above it sounds as if I’d be best looking at bog standard routers and switches. What’s the advantage in going with Ubiquiti?

18. Caged

Capodecina

Ubiquiti is good for the money

19. WJA96

Capodecina

The single, overwhelming, benefit of the UDM is it runs the controller on-board so you can just add another UniFi access point. And it will just work. It’s great.

20. RJC

Don

Quick question is the Standard USG still ok to use as I was looking at this with the cloud key 2 so I can take advantage of UniFi Protect - rather purchase a separate NVR only really need 2 / 3 cameras and wanted to keep things simple (if you see what I mean) :eek: