*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

Associate
Any tips for upgrading the drive in a CK gen2+?

As far as I can tell I just need to take backups then swap the drives and restore, how hard can it be What could possibly go wrong?

Last edited:

RSR

RSR

Soldato
2.5GbE on the WAN port seems a bit of a cop out. What are the speed of the SFP LAN ports - if it has any?

Same as the original unit, it has 2 SFP+ (10GbE) ports for LAN / WAN2 (Assignable)

The SE unit also has 8 x 1GbE PoE ports, where are the OE UDMP doesn't.

Soldato
What's the difference between the SE version and standard?
  • 2.5Gbe WAN
  • POE on the switch ports
  • integrated 128GB SSD
Anything else?

Edit: I would say that this puts the rumours to bed that they will be dropping the UDM Pro otherwise why would they release a new version?

RSR

RSR

Soldato
It's not too much of a issue if use the 10Gb LAN as a uplink to a switch but it would have been a nice to have for a all in one unit.

Soldato
Is it a proper switch inside the UDM pro and can devices connected to the 1GBe ports send data at 1gbe speeds across all ports at the same time, i.e. 8gbps non-blocking throughput (16gbps switching capacity)? I thought I read it had issues but I've never bothered to ask.

Caporegime
Is it a proper switch inside the UDM pro and can devices connected to the 1GBe ports send data at 1gbe speeds across all ports at the same time, i.e. 8gbps non-blocking throughput (16gbps switching capacity)? I thought I read it had issues but I've never bothered to ask.
It doesn't look like it ^ Looks like a shared backplane.

Man of Honour
Ok so the advantage of the SE is not only the stuff I posted but vlan / subnet switching at 2.5gbps rather than 1gpbs potentially.
If it is 2.5 Gbps then that's crap if I'm being brutally honest. Enterprise has been well beyond 10 Gbps for some time now. It's a 'Pro' device and really should have 10 Gbps ports all round regardless of copper or SFP+.

Back
Top Bottom