*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

Associate
In that case then it's a hardware reset I'm afraid.

I’ve tried this twice this morning, it seems to be resetting (holding down reset for 5/6 seconds) and then have to set up and adopt via the app, but I’m still getting the same message when I hit on the device.

The help section on UI says it might be as I haven’t forgotten the device on the app, but I can’t because I can’t log in to the device itself and can’t see how/where to do it elsewhere in the app!

Any ideas or suggestions?

Soldato
I’ve tried this twice this morning, it seems to be resetting (holding down reset for 5/6 seconds) and then have to set up and adopt via the app, but I’m still getting the same message when I hit on the device.

The help section on UI says it might be as I haven’t forgotten the device on the app, but I can’t because I can’t log in to the device itself and can’t see how/where to do it elsewhere in the app!

Any ideas or suggestions?

Delete the app.

Associate
Still no joy. Deleted app, reset ap, re downloaded app, set up new device without signing into my account and same. Went through same process again but signed into my account and still the same.

So confused.

Associate
As sure as I can be, I’m holding in the button for 5/6 seconds with a sim tool, and the LED, which I had off originally then goes from blue to flashing white. Then after a few minutes it goes solid white.

Man of Honour
Has anyone tried the USW-Flex-Mini? I wasn't even aware it existed. I needed a switch for my TV cabinet and it takes POE input so I figured I'd try it out.

Soldato
Has anyone tried the USW-Flex-Mini? I wasn't even aware it existed. I needed a switch for my TV cabinet and it takes POE input so I figured I'd try it out.

I have one. Has worked fine for the last few months. PoE was handy and managed in the controller like anything else. My only disappointment was that it doesn’t support SNMP like other UniFi kit meaning I can’t see info in my monitoring tool.

Soldato

As a basic layer 2 switch it's absolutely fine. As mentioned it doesn't support SNMP and it doesn't have an SSH interface so layer 3 adoption can be awkward. Also, it doesn't support custom switch profiles so if you've done as I have an setup custom profiles for certain devices (like my Sonos 100Mbps, full duplex, VLAN 2, STP disabled) then you can't use them.

If those points aren't a problem for you then go for it. I installed one at my parents place (powered by USB-C) behind their TV and it's working perfectly.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Any idea if the UDR which is EA in the States might become available in the EU store? Looks like a pretty decent piece of kit especially given the price (initially thought it was a pricing error but it appears to remain the same price each time it comes back into stock for them). Could be a decent upgrade from my USG.

Soldato
Any idea if the UDR which is EA in the States might become available in the EU store? Looks like a pretty decent piece of kit especially given the price (initially thought it was a pricing error but it appears to remain the same price each time it comes back into stock for them). Could be a decent upgrade from my USG.

It's not slated to at the moment. Quite a few issues with that one at the moment. I'd bodyserve it for 3-6 months after it comes out. UBNT are in a dark place at the moment.

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anyone on here have a UDM Pro SE? How are you finding it?
I currently have the USG along with a Cloud Key and a couple of 8 port POE switches. Considering getting the UDM Pro SE as I can replace the USG, Cloud Key and one of the switches in one go.

Soldato
I currently have the USG along with a Cloud Key and a couple of 8 port POE switches. Considering getting the UDM Pro SE as I can replace the USG, Cloud Key and one of the switches in one go.

Your best bet is to go on the UI forums and check out the feedback in the EA users group. From what I can there isn’t masses of feedback which is generally a good thing but I wouldn’t buy anything routing from UBNT - it’s WAAAAAAY too risky. Switches, no problem. Access points - certainly. But routers? Nope.

Associate
I have one ordered Thursday, It should be arriving next week to replace my usg so I can use protect. I won’t be using the 8 ports on it as I already have a 24 port Poe pro switch, From what I’ve read they still share a 1gbps link to the cpu.

Back
Top Bottom