*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

Soldato
I would not bother with the wifi 6 for that as suggested. Any issues running cable as you could always try get the in wall wifi points to each of the rooms negating the need for the signal to penetrate.

Caporegime
Aaaaaaaaand back on Fibre:
a7TunFC.png
:).

I'm on a gigabit down/up package but this is the best I'm seeing out of the USG, so think my quest to replace it is going to step up a notch soon. I'm away all summer however so... coming back at the end of September I might look harder at the QNap Guardian as someone @WJA96 ? said they are refreshing later in the year.

Whats the UXG-Pro like? Trash?

Last edited:
Caporegime
@platypus Which ISP is that if you don't mind?
Cambridge fibre, local company that sprung up about three years ago. I have to say they are excellent (used them before we moved out of the centre of Cambridge, they’ve just recently completed fibre-ing up my village). The symmetrical speeds where added at no extra cost.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
UDM-SE arrived today but its also being returned, as its suffering from the PPPoE single thread issue. No matter what settings you use, DPI on/off, IDS/IPS on off etc... It just doesn't go above 750/800Mb for me. I've also tested a number of firmware versions and it make zero difference for me.

However, I plug my UDM-Pro back in and it maxs out the connection straight away which makes zero sence as its running the same hardware.

So i am going back to my original plan of ordering a NetGate 6100, unless any one can recomend a SuperMicro solution that's in a 1U form factor and can do 10Gb. I've been testing pfSense in my lab and it also have zero issues maxing out the connection.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
At those prices you could look at the uxg-pro? If you want to stay unifi I mean. I'm sorely tempted by it, even if it is expensive.

The issue with that is it could have the same PPPoE issues as the UDM-SE.

Ive done a bit more tweaking on the UDM-Pro and I now have full line rate, with all the IPS/IDS features enabled on high. I'll test the SE over the weekend, as one last test before RMA'ing it but there is something broken with the SE as you can run a top on the cli and see the CPU use go through the roof the same doesn't happen on the UDM-Pro.

Just means I need another switch where the UDM is for some PoE.

Back
Top Bottom