*** Official Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Thread***

Anyone here going to side with Order then? I'm actually going to stick with the euro version for this game, in the past I've always got the US version to play with my friends but I'm sick of doing it now so will be looking for people from here to play with!
I am :) And I'm kinda glad, my guild is Order and we actually switched from Destruction. I'm happy due to how it was in Warcraft - being Alliance meant you wanted days to get a spot in the PvP areas, but being on the underdogs this time will be good.

Probably best to wait to see if someone from OcUK starts a proper Order OcUK guild.

Ye we get quite a fair amount of applicants as I understand it, but we only take people who spend at least a little time doing a decent application etc - Chadd whats your applied name / what class?

Feels like a Destruction OCUK Off-shot Guild :)

Ye we get quite a fair amount of applicants as I understand it, but we only take people who spend at least a little time doing a decent application etc - Chadd whats your applied name / what class?

Feels like a Destruction OCUK Off-shot Guild :)

Applied name is Chadd.

Class: Squig Herder
(I understand this is a limited position now :()

If I don't get in RoS I'll probably just wait till release and hope some old guild members from SWG Pre-CU come play. :/

I'm not going to join a guild yet. Still undecided about the class I'm gonna play, it's a fight between Squig Herder, Witch Hunter, Engineer, Magus or Bright wizard.

Once I get into beta and early access i should have decided. Maybe...

I watched the E3 2008 video first and foremost. It looks terrible.

Don't get me wrong, i REALLY wanted this to be a good game, but it just doesn't look it. They seem to have rushed so much stuff due to the release date. Real shame

- Pea0n

/Agree

What puts me off it the most ( since im pvp freak ) the pvp action is SLOOOOWWWWWWWW its literally slower than in WoW which is already slow as hell....

It looks slow and boring, maybe if they putted a simpe command like 150% speed to the game it will look better.

I only hope for Aion to do well now or for AoC to fix the performance so I can run it at 1680x1050 with something less than 4x4870 and have more than -10fps in 20vs20fight.

/Agree

What puts me off it the most ( since im pvp freak ) the pvp action is SLOOOOWWWWWWWW its literally slower than in WoW which is already slow as hell....

It looks slow and boring, maybe if they putted a simpe command like 150% speed to the game it will look better.

I only hope for Aion to do well now or for AoC to fix the performance so I can run it at 1680x1050 with something less than 4x4870 and have more than -10fps in 20vs20fight.

Must admit , it is slower than many previous MMOs I've played, but to be honest I dont really mind. In fact , in the heat of an awesome keep siege I dont even notice :)

I dont mind the speed, I think possibly because I am tired of past MMOs where the average fight lasts about 5 seconds and everyone runs around at 100 miles an hour with speed buffs and whatnot on. I kind of like it in WAR that I can get into a fight and I dont see a mass of numbers , an explosion, and then me dead all in around 5 or 6 seconds :D , just nice to have a fight that lasts a while , although its still manic enough with 150+ people battling over a keep :)

But you're right, the speed wont be to everyones taste.

gamestop US have been sending out this email to CE pre order people
Just got this in an email from gamestop.

Thank you for pre-ordering:

Warhammer Online Collector's Edition

The release date for this product has changed:

New Release Date: September 16, 2008

Please Note: Servers will not go live until 10:00am EST on 9/18/08. See site for additional information and updates.
This date is our best estimate based on the information
available, and the date is subject to change at any time.
In our efforts to keep you informed, we are in constant communication with our vendors, and we are committed to
providing you with the most accurate release dates possible.

read into it what you will.

i guess if there really launching on the 23rd like a lot of sites are saying the headstart will go live on the 18th:confused:

Well, to be honest I wouldnt go so far as to say its finished now (but then that was said by Paul Barnett who tends to over exaggerate and over hype everything :) ). It still has some work to be done on it, but sept is a possible timeframe.

Agreed, although they are aiming at a different style of player, the fact is that nobody will want to release a game (any game at all, let alone an MMO) at the same time as WoTLK. Not because of being a competitor necessarily, but because there is only so much shelf space, and point of sale space in a store, and knowing Blizzard ..they will occupy most of it.

Having said that, although I say I dont agree with the "its finished" statement...dont get me wrong, its by no means a mess :) , personally I would pay for it right now, I just think "its nearly/almost finished" would have been a better statement to make. But then I dont suppose that would have grabbed the headlines, and if Paul Barnett is one thing..its definately a headline maker :D

Question for the closed beta players : is there stealth in the game? That was the only thing that came close to ruining the DaoC RvR experience for me, bloody assassin armies :(

2 classes can "stealth" , but not in the manner which most people will be familiar with, its limited in its time and range. So no stealthing all over the place.

Back
Top Bottom