· FX 5900, FX 5950
· 6600, 6800,
· 7600, 7800, 7900, 7950
· 8400, 8500, 8600, 8800
· 9400, 9500, 9600, 9800
· GTX 260, GTX 280

Intel(R) Extreme Graphics

· GMA X4500

Laptop versions of these chipsets may work, but may run comparatively slowly. Standalone cards that are installed in vanilla PCI slots (not PCIe or PCIx or AGP), such as some GeForce FX variants, will perform poorly. Integrated chipsets such as the ATI Xpress and the NVIDIA TurboCache variants will have low settings selected, but should run satisfactorily.

Please note that attempting to play the game using video hardware that isn’t listed above may result in reduced performance, graphical issues or cause the game to not run at all.

The NVIDIA GeForce FX series is unsupported under Vista.

These are MINIMUM specifications, not "Recommended".

Some quotes from Marc Jacobs on Warhammer and quashing the rumour mill:

MJB said:
LOL. No, we're not finished, wish we were. We've still got a lot of work and testing left to do before we're ready to ship. One of the things that a lot of the writers lately have been saying is that they are rather surprised at how polished and deep the game feels and how, in comparison to some other MMORPGs at launch, how stable and playable the game is already. I think that's what Paul might have been referring to, if that quote was accurate, as he knows full well that we really couldn't ship the game today. Believe me, if I thought the game was ready to go out the door now I would be the first one to scream "Ship it" at the top of my lungs, take the studio out for a nice celebration and then prepare for the always interesting launch day.

As to when we are going to ship, well, we're still on target for our release date.

Mark

Also on people saying that the game is "ready to ship":

MJB said:
Folks,

FYI, just spoke to Paul and, as expected, Paul was not only misquoted but the interview does not reflect what Paul said to this guy nor the context in which Paul's answers were delivered. Here's a great example, Paul was asked directly by the writer, "If EA put a gun to your head, could you ship it today?" Paul's response was "If we had to, yes" which is the answer that any developer would give to that question and as the history of MMORPGs have shown, including DAoC shipping when it did because we almost out of money, when you have to ship, you ship. So, "If we had to, yes" became "WAR is finished, could ship today."

Sadly, this stuff happens all the time.

Mark

Having a class crisis at the moment, was going to be a Squig Herder but Witch Elves and Marauders look pretty decent. In fact most of them appeal to me in one way or another.

Agreed with you there CliffyG.

Based on previous MMO's I reckon I'll be going Squig Herder first though.
Open Beta will ultimately decide for me what class I'll play in release. :D

Aye I normally use open beta for the same purposes.

Find a class I want to play
Don't get too high in levels
Test out the game to make sure I want to buy it
Explore the area some so I know where I'm going

I went to see if I could get the limited edition today but had no luck looks like I will just have to settle with the Standard edition :(

At the moment, all anyone knows is "soon". However it wont be one of those open betas where anyone can just go and download it and play, it more than likely will be the 55,000 CE owners only (plus probably another large wave of invites who applied to beta)

Back
Top Bottom