*** Official Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Thread***

Agreed with you there CliffyG.

Based on previous MMO's I reckon I'll be going Squig Herder first though.
Open Beta will ultimately decide for me what class I'll play in release. :D

Yep thats pretty much what I'm going to do. Interested in trying the witch elf and sorceror mainly, but will probably have a little play about with a zealot also. Then decide which to play at release :)

ROFL! That's probably true.

direct2drive have preorder adverts for the standard edition on some websites, fileplanet is owned by the same company as direct2drive..

it wont suprise me if it is true, theres also some puzzle on fileplanet about some upcoming news anouncement which has many people believing its for WAR

it wont suprise me if it is true, theres also some puzzle on fileplanet about some upcoming news anouncement which has many people believing its for WAR

I stick money on the WAR announcement being the open beta date , and the Fileplanet announcement being WoTLK beta, or registration for Diablo 3 beta

Just some info on the open beta and head start, according to Gamestop who seem to be pretty adamant about their dates being right it'll start on September 3rd and will run for 1 week, then head-start will start and run for 1 week then retail opens.

Gamestop said:
Open Beta Access: Be one of the first players to experience the glory of battle and the thrill of WAR! Open Beta will run from September 3, 2008 at 10am EST until September 12, 2008 at 10am EST. The Open Beta will level capped and content restricted.

Live Game Head Start: Reserve customers will get a 3-day head start on the battlefields of WAR. The Live Game Head Start begins on September 15, 2008 at 10am EST.

Confirmed release date and pricing

http://www.war-europe.com/#/pressrelease/?lang=en&press=3

Date: 18th September 2008
Pricing: From launch, subscriptions can be purchased online and within the game:
- 1 month for 12.99€ (£10.31)
- 3 months for 35.97€ (£28.55)
- 6 months for 65.94€ (£52.34)

Alternatively, pre-paid Game Card packs for a 60-day subscription will be available through participating retailers for 29.99€ (£23.81).

Yeah :/ The headstart is only 3 days long as well, other games that I know that have done it give you 1 week. 3 days is poor.

A head start of 3 days will allow the hardcore to get level 20+ easily.

That would involve rushing through and skipping most of the content though which is something no one should do ever!.

Unfortunatey there will be plenty of people who try to "win" Warhamer Online (these are the people who consider getting to the top level as winning).

As with most MMORPGs I play I expect to be many levels behind those people however I hope that I'm seeing more of the game, more of its content.

I so badly want a new MMORPG without levels...

Unfortunatey there will be plenty of people who try to "win" Warhamer Online (these are the people who consider getting to the top level as winning).

As with most MMORPGs I play I expect to be many levels behind those people however I hope that I'm seeing more of the game, more of its content.

I so badly want a new MMORPG without levels...

Tried Eve ? It kinda has levels but not in the same way as most MMO's.

For those of us buying WAR have we decided on a server that we're all rolling on or is everyone just doing there own thing ? (I've not read the thread yet so if this has been answered apologies).

Back
Top Bottom