****** Official World of Tanks OcUK Clan ******

Associate
I managed to accidentally get an Ace Tanker in my little T-34 for the first time in years (don't use it much these days), not bad as until I hit the 6th kill I was not really worried about winning, just wanted my 10 kills. Went on to reset the cap and gain two more kills, brought me 1 kill off my target, two games later, did 5...

Probably time to dust off some of my higher tier TDs and the WZ-111-1-4 for tonight's wotting.

Congrats. Last nights was fairly easy again. They can't stay this easy though can they?

Associate
I hope someone doesn't mind answering this, but what is World of Tanks like compared to War Thunder? I played War Thunder for a while up until mid-last year, enjoying it even though the grind was long and slow. The OcUK War Thunder forum post has also died since then. Having a quick look at War Thunder, the grind appears even slower and longer (which isn't a big problem for me), and the re-balancing and bias is still there. So, how does World of Tanks compare?

Soldato
I hope someone doesn't mind answering this, but what is World of Tanks like compared to War Thunder? I played War Thunder for a while up until mid-last year, enjoying it even though the grind was long and slow. The OcUK War Thunder forum post has also died since then. Having a quick look at War Thunder, the grind appears even slower and longer (which isn't a big problem for me), and the re-balancing and bias is still there. So, how does World of Tanks compare?

Just FYI we're no unfriendly here, I just haven't played War Thunder so can't comment. From what I've seen in the odd videos this is a lot more arcade and HP based when it comes to destroying the enemy. Can't really knock out a tank by penetrating it in a certain place like in War Thunder bar a relatively rare ammo rack kill or setting a tank on fire.

There are balance issues and bias but you can mostly live with them (or just buy the OP premium tanks ;)), also have a new matchmaker coming in next patch and big artillery changes which should be interesting.

Associate
Done the XP grind last night, used a couple of boosts and done it in 5 games which was great and then the rest of the night was a disaster!! lol

Hope tonights session is better.

Associate
Just FYI we're no unfriendly here, I just haven't played War Thunder so can't comment. From what I've seen in the odd videos this is a lot more arcade and HP based when it comes to destroying the enemy. Can't really knock out a tank by penetrating it in a certain place like in War Thunder bar a relatively rare ammo rack kill or setting a tank on fire.

There are balance issues and bias but you can mostly live with them (or just buy the OP premium tanks ;)), also have a new matchmaker coming in next patch and big artillery changes which should be interesting.
Thanks for the reply. I may have a look at it.

Soldato
2000 damage in 10 games, don't think that's doable for me. :( Unless I played all day which I can't today.

My best tank is the T20, it's the only tank I ever do remotely decent in as it's my only tank with 6th sense.

Associate
I logged on this morning before work to see what the task was and couldn't resist a quick game. Full Tier 10 fields on both sides.
Going to be an interesting/expensive night...

Soldato
I've actually completely stopped playing heavy tanks over last 3 months but will have to fire up my T-10, M-103 and E75 for missions today.

Also AMX 13 90 is once again a detestable piece of ****.

Soldato
This where the missions get unfair. If you've got a T10 HT/TD with 750 alpha or some fast clip autoloaders it all looks a lot easier than if you are trying to get your 1st T8 premium and have T6 max.

Looks like a E100/Obj268/BatChat sort of day.....

Really should be Tier*200 (T5 min) or include spotting damage to make scouts an option.

Back
Top Bottom