****** Official World of Tanks OcUK Clan ******

Soldato
Light tank role seems to be changing since they are all getting view range slashed and require some decent crew skills and equipment to max out (unless you hate yourself and going for binoculars). Then again you can argue it was never their biggest strength at T8 anyway since lot of other tanks maxed out the 445m limit.

That and not sure how much stealth counts for either nowadays with maps, so really they are just becoming very mobile light mediums that have to get close as they are all working with pretty poor accuracy.

Not sure how I'll feel about artillery yet, on one hand your chances of having a huge chunk taking out of your are reduced now, but on the other the splash radius is vastly increased so we can all definitely expect to be using more consumables in the future. Does also bring the meta back a bit more towards big heavy things again since they don't have to worry about artillery as much. We already have ridiculously buffed heavies in Maus and Type 5 and silly things like that T8 VK1000something that some same tier tanks can't pen without using gold. Won't quite bring the days of domination of before but certainly make it a better proposition to play heavier stuff again.

Last edited:
Soldato
You should read game news on the launcher, its updating to new patch with molested artillery and light tanks.

I did lol, but it said 9.18 is here when I came back from having a smoke so figured it had already updated! Thought it was amazing getting 3 matches in a row with only one arty, turns out that was just luck

Soldato
So after very loathsome 380 battles in my AMX 13 90 to get to the Batchat and AMX 30B, it appears that it's actually a decent tank now! Only issue though is that I've no interest in the AMX 30 105, unless if I'm missing a point, why would I ever pick that over Batchat? Going to have to play the T8 12T thing as well as I've around 50k XP to get to the Babychat, looks like more of a harassing tank as you won't be scaring people with your alpha or even clip potential but at least gun handling is workable now. That and we can fit vertical stabilisers to light tanks from this patch onwards!

They have hiked up the price of research from Bulldog to T54E1 by 41k XP though, compared to when T49 was in place and can't see how they justify that. Kinda looking forward to firing up that tank again although on a single shot gun as I wouldn't touch the autoloader with a barge pole, they certainly nerfed that big time. In two minds whether to continue playing the T49 also as it's just fun to have a KV-2 with so much speed!

Soldato
Because it was the inferior gun maybe? :p

It added rate of fire but that means more exposure time for something with no turret armour so it's a good way to get killed faster.

30% higher ROF than the 100mm, and 0.34 dispersion compared to the top 100mm gun. Believe me, hundreds of battles with it, the best gun the WZ132 had. Anyone who followed my advice and used it, sold the 100mm gun and acknowledged that was far superior gun.

With modules and crew, had the same ROF as the french autoloader mediums without having clip, while was very accurate on the move and allowed 80% hit autoaim shots from 300m+ while on the move both tanks.

As for the armor is not T54lwt to be able to peek and hide.
132 is far superior as bush sniper and moving fast around shooting from flanks.

Soldato
As a non-arty playing person (okay I have a few in the garage) the new mechanics seem better. I've been repeatedly hit by arty during matches and the stun and tiny dmg is far better than being one-shot!

I'm shy of about 400k and 20k xp to unlock the tier X T-100 Lt but after the nerf to them I'm not sure whether to grab it or leave it.

Soldato
I am actually seriously impressed with how well AMX 13 90 plays now and that's something seeing how deep my hate for that tank ran. The thing below it is pants but have to play it to unlock Babychat and T49 is not just as fun as ever, but seems even better.

As for artillery it is an even bigger nuisance now as they just have to hit in the similar post code as you. In fact, from now on I'm going to play more arty :p

Little conflicted about my equipment on T49 now though, and since we can fit vertical stabilisers on tanks now, I hope we have an equipment sale soon!

Associate
Well.... I'd only recently unlocked the T49 when it was at T8 and it was a bitch to play due to being stock. So much so, I didn't really bother with it. Have just tried it now that it's moved up a tier and I find it a lot more enjoyable even as stock, think it'll be my got to grind tank for a while :)

Still too early for me to comment on the other changes, although the MM in one game was just as it was before. Fair enough the tank types was more evenly split between both teams but the skill level between the two teams was the same as before and we ended up get rolled. Might have been a one off, time will tell.

Associate
Matchmaking is still dire. Went on to see how bad lights are now and wasn't top tier in a single game. And they've nerfed into the ground almost all the tanks I enjoy playing most. The ELC in particular is a complete dog now, it accelerates like a sluggish medium.

Associate
I seem to be stuck in the queue and can't leave it? I've killed WoT and when I logged back in I was still in it, although the "Escape/Leave" button was available however once I pressed it I didn't leave the queue and just had the cogs going round :rolleyes:

Associate
Yeah I'm stuck as well. Tried logging out and back in but no luck. says servers are heavily loaded.
Pants

Edit - I think the games broken., Needs a patch. I can get back to the garage by loking at the tech tree or medals or whatever, but can't join a game

Borloks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom