****** Official World of Tanks OcUK Clan ******

Soldato
wish I had recorded my last replay just for the chat.

took out my steyr WT for the daily doubles, got karelia, an excellent TD sniping map.

Sat sniping, got a couple of kills, a few spots and the rest of the team seemed to be pushing well, thought i'll keep an eye on center and make sure no one wanders up here, the guys have got this.

Was quiet for a minute and looked at the chat, couple of the heavy drivers already dead are raging at me for camping, said I'm waiting for people at the middle, got 15-20 secs of abuse before a kv1 on 220hp pops up in front of me, one shotted him and moved on.

If i hadnt been where i was he would have wandered into the cap and probably won. Anyway I move over to the flank thats suffering still getting abuse for being a noob and pay to win player. Proceed to smash both TD's that are surviving on the enemy team and spot the AMX scouting us for the rest of the team to kill, all while getting abuse for being pay to win player.

Came top player in game by about 500xp, tanks killed and spotting/damage given, happy with that tbh

took out my steyr WT for the daily doubles, got karelia, an excellent TD sniping map.

Sat sniping, got a couple of kills, a few spots and the rest of the team seemed to be pushing well, thought i'll keep an eye on center and make sure no one wanders up here, the guys have got this.

Was quiet for a minute and looked at the chat, couple of the heavy drivers already dead are raging at me for camping, said I'm waiting for people at the middle, got 15-20 secs of abuse before a kv1 on 220hp pops up in front of me, one shotted him and moved on.

If i hadnt been where i was he would have wandered into the cap and probably won. Anyway I move over to the flank thats suffering still getting abuse for being a noob and pay to win player. Proceed to smash both TD's that are surviving on the enemy team and spot the AMX scouting us for the rest of the team to kill, all while getting abuse for being pay to win player.

Came top player in game by about 500xp, tanks killed and spotting/damage given, happy with that tbh

Seems about right. Biggest problem in this game is that people generally do not seem to understand class roles very well.

-Light tanks, should scout and spot and flank when they get the opportunity
-Medium tanks should flank heavies and tds and take important higher-up positions on the map early
-Heavies should take towns and more sheltered areas and try to push
-TDs should take strategic positions behind the heavies and mediums (and lights), where they can shoot enemies. This does not mean camping back where they cannot shoot anything!
-Arty should support wherever needs it most.
-All classes should strive to keep things lit up as much as possible so other team mates can shoot them!

Obviously there are exceptions to this, but that is the general gist. Most people like to hang back with heavies and snipe and charge in with lightly armoured TDs or play as a heavy instead of taking the hill with their T-54s, etc.

Also when players die they like to blame those who are still alive for their weaknesses.

Associate

If you've got the replay file, upload it to WOTreplays and email Jingles with a link to it (make sure the title of the email will stand out) as he likes showing stuff like that when people forget to engage their brains before using chat.

Soldato
If you've got the replay file, upload it to WOTreplays and email Jingles with a link to it (make sure the title of the email will stand out) as he likes showing stuff like that when people forget to engage their brains before using chat.

checked but I had replays disabled :( wasn't as epic as the rest of the stuff he gets sent anyway just wound me up because it was needless P2W abuse, I bought the tank because I like it

Soldato
sigh.

wot_1.png~original

Can't be bothered with that, time to stop playing for the night

Associate
Only time I use gold ammo is in the T32 when I'm bottom tier because the standard pen doesn't hold up too well vs. T9 tanks (mainly heavies). Have gold in a few other tanks, but the T32 is the only one where I might be quite tempted to actually use it.

Also got the Centurion AX last weekend, but I've not played it extensively yet and I found myself playing way too aggressively in it last week so I'll see how it goes this weekend. Also built up a lot of free XP so I may be able to get the Emil 1 this week as well.

Soldato
Seems about right. Biggest problem in this game is that people generally do not seem to understand class roles very well.

[snip]

Also when players die they like to blame those who are still alive for their weaknesses.

Agreed. I love the game but utterly hate most of the community. I'm a careful, intelligent player and I kick ass, frankly, yet the game punishes me by putting me with players that bring my stats down hugely. I've lost count of the amount of games in which I've been a hard-fighting whirlwind of destruction only to come out with zilch because my team did virtually nothing. What a bizarre thing to do to your playerbase, too - good players should be rewarded, not punished.

I've never wished for a single player mode more.

Caporegime
Thought I'd go on today - worst lagg fest EVER. Also full of complete morons.

Oh and my run of being bottom tier every game continues. I'm gonna start recording this crap!

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not a great player. I wish I was matched with equal skill level players. I don't want to play with people a lot worse than me, or a lot better. Neither is fun.

I think the MM would be better if they matched players of similar skill level.

Soldato
Yeah I'm not 'good', I understand the classes roles and tactics etc but I find none of that matters when you get lemming trains, teamkillers and suicides.

Then to be the last one on your team surviving and trying to save the game just to get abuse is what ruins it.

I've been on nights this week and playing 1-3pm and the difference is night and day, WOT is a lovely place in the daytime, polite playerbase, people congratulating each other etc.

Associate
I've been on nights this week and playing 1-3pm and the difference is night and day, WOT is a lovely place in the daytime, polite playerbase, people congratulating each other etc.

Working shifts I often find myself playing during the day and like you say it's very different, almost enjoyable! :p

Make the most of it though, as once the schools are out for the summer, that'll soon change.

Never played at that time at night/morning however, I wonder what it's like then?

Caporegime
Yeah I found a big difference too. Fewer complete lemons during the day.

Btw...my crap MM continues :p 3 out of 3 for bottom tier today. 8/9 for bottom tier.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm officially sick of bottom tier. 15 out of 17 games. Seriously - it's gash.

This is another glaring negative to the game - I don't know why the tiers mixed or why there isn't an invisible cap on how many you're forced to join as a bottom tank before you have immunity or a boost. Call me crazy but I think games should be enjoyable.

Back
Top Bottom