****** Official World of Tanks OcUK Clan ******

Soldato
I was fairly stunned at the buffs, more so the FV4202 with the upper plate buff and also a buff to engine power as well. So in 12 months it's gone from being a very slow medium that could only really work on ridge lines to a decently paced medium that will likely shrug at most things T8 and below during any frontal engagement if it stays as they suggest.

Looks like I got to the Cent AX just in time with these buffs, although I've not had any real issues with the armor yet anyway.

It does seem as though WG are on a total mission to get us all firing premium as default. It's mad.

T8's with 240mm turret armour is insane.

Soldato
@Edrof The perk with the ladies has been changed recently so that it's also compatible with brother in arms so you don't need a full female crew for the buff to work.

Looking forward to the FV4202 buffage, the tank already is a fave and with the extra speed and it's new silly turret armor.

Soldato
@Edrof The perk with the ladies has been changed recently so that it's also compatible with brother in arms so you don't need a full female crew for the buff to work.

Looking forward to the FV4202 buffage, the tank already is a fave and with the extra speed and it's new silly turret armor.

Thanks for that.

Soldato
They've made the caernarvon even more pointless...

The Cent 7/1, Patton, AMX 30b and even the T-54 will be pretty similar now. It seems like a waste. At least the E-50 and Type-61 will still differ a bit.

Is WOT still popular? I haven't played for probably 2 years, quit at 31k battles, 61% W/R and 2700WN8 (I think!)

Spotted this thread and just thought I'd ask.

It's still pretty popular yes, though not as popular as 2 years ago. I enjoy it and its a fairly different game from then too, with new tank lines and mechanics.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nope - it's world of gold ammo.

Seriously 240mm turret armour on a T8 premium medium is insane.

Look back to 2 or 3 years ago and the power creep is just so evident.

I can understand WGs position. They need to sell premium ammo and accounts. Introducing new grinds and armour (plus tanks like the CF) is how they chose to do it. It's a shame as the game is all but officially broken now.

Gone are the days of open maps, use of soft cover (making spotting essential) and vision being they key. What we have now is corridor maps, who fires the most gold wins. Of course player skill can make a difference but so much less so than in previous years.

Soldato
Gone are the days of open maps, use of soft cover (making spotting essential) and vision being they key. What we have now is corridor maps, who fires the most gold wins. Of course player skill can make a difference but so much less so than in previous years.

I gave up around the time of the big vision mechanics nerf, seems it's got even worse, don't think I'll be back then.

Associate
Well I spent most of the afternoon getting set on fire and getting ammo racked regardless of the tank I was in so I decided to finish researching the ISU-152 and played that with the BL-10 gun for a couple of hours. Good when it hits (keyword being when), but had to try the gun out before it gets dropped for the D-4S soon.

I'm having a long break from this game. The thing that has ruined it the most for me is the way the matchmaking appears to be at the moment. Tier 8s are constantly bottom tier. I am not the kind of ********* to get upset about being bottom tier in 2/3 of my games, but I am lucky to get top tier in 1/10 (it seems) at the moment and it gets boring fast.

That plus the fact that arty is more accurate now means I get hit more often. :(

Finally, I have been playing the game for almost 6 years, probably more time spent in this game than any other (save maybe Red Alert) so it probably has naturally come to a point where I need to stop playing. Essentially the odd game I do play is frustrating and I definately have no reason to put any money into the game for now. Also, still no Chieftain. :(

Soldato
linktoinsanity, I share your frustration.

The changes to arty make it more annoying if anything. Just constant stuns especially in heavier tanks. You see fiery salent in an O-Ni with 3 arty and just want to cry.

I still reckon the game was far far better balanced when everything was T9 except HTs. Just roll back and give us physics and HD graphics on the game as it was in 2012 !

Plus school holidays are never fun. Endless idiots in chat.

I was trying to get HT15 done. Out comes the E100. Get the perfect map, Himelsdorf with no arty. Go hill, angle up, pretend to be afk. Get 8200 bounced damage over the 1st 2 minutes. Try to suggest that the other tanks can make use of the fact they are all firing at me. So I push, end up doing 5k damage. So in summary, 8k+5k+4 kills. And we still lose. So no honours. Kind of reconciled to just doing them all.

But the personal missions are just so random. 2k damage to TDs in a medium. What the flip ? You have to first pray to get a MM with some TDs, then hope you can get to them, then hope you get the lions share of the damage on them. Normally that would have BC-25t all over it, but they nerf the clip damage :(

Sigh.

Soldato
I've stopped putting any money into this game at all. I've got about 600gold left over that I use for module demounting. But that's it. More people need to do the same. WG seem to be on a bigger money grab at the moment than I have ever known.

Soldato
But the personal missions are just so random. 2k damage to TDs in a medium. What the flip ? You have to first pray to get a MM with some TDs, then hope you can get to them, then hope you get the lions share of the damage on them. Normally that would have BC-25t all over it, but they nerf the clip damage :(

Stuck on that peach of a mission for months now.

Soldato
Agree. It's the awful playerbase. I hate to tar an entire ethnicity with the same brush but whenever I see suicide scouts, pushing out, bumping and TKing it's almost always a player with an Eastern European name. The arty changes make heavies unplayable on some maps.

Caporegime
Agree. It's the awful playerbase. I hate to tar an entire ethnicity with the same brush but whenever I see suicide scouts, pushing out, bumping and TKing it's almost always a player with an Eastern European name. The arty changes make heavies unplayable on some maps.
Again something I commented on a while ago to Hyburnate actually. I'm not talking poor players, I'm talking stupid. Lemming scouts. Pushers. Blockers. All seem to be pawel or _cz or #pl. I'm sure there are brilliant eastern European players. I'd love to meet them. Best players in my experience are finns and germans.

Soldato

It was the same in EVE Online when CCP decided to open the doors for free, albeit it severely limited, accounts. Russians; everywhere Russians.

Back
Top Bottom