****** Official World of Tanks OcUK Clan ******

Soldato
Sent a post-game message to a 49%er who carried us in a T6 game.

I told him "well played. Nice win." somehting like that. He replied in poor English how nice it was to not have racist abuse. He was Polish.

Given that the average win rate is about 48.5% (taking into account draws). he was not a bad player, yet XVM would have had him down as red.

But yeah, toxic community is rife. It's a problem that has occurred because WG have not taken it seriously. If people think they will get away with foul racist behaviour then they will.

A player recently told (another Polish) player to "get back to Auschtwitz" - seriously. He should be banned for life. But he knows nothing will happen. Yes I did report him for the zero effect that will have.

Soldato
Sent a post-game message to a 49%er who carried us in a T6 game.

I told him "well played. Nice win." somehting like that. He replied in poor English how nice it was to not have racist abuse. He was Polish.

Given that the average win rate is about 48.5% (taking into account draws). he was not a bad player, yet XVM would have had him down as red.

But yeah, toxic community is rife. It's a problem that has occurred because WG have not taken it seriously. If people think they will get away with foul racist behaviour then they will.

A player recently told (another Polish) player to "get back to Auschtwitz" - seriously. He should be banned for life. But he knows nothing will happen. Yes I did report him for the zero effect that will have.

I got the same of another player recently, I'm probably a low percenter so was really nice to have one of my best games recognised by the guy who finally killed me lol

Never hurts to say well done

Soldato
I can feel another period of me quitting the game coming on. The arty changes seems to be a massive buff, overall, and it's killing my experience in HTs particularly. I led my KV85 in a fantastic defence of a map section, really played my heart out and it difficult for the enemy tanks to take me out. I was taken out by artillery (11 hits). EXTREMELY annoying because there was not a single thing I could do about it. World of Tanks - never has there been a better terrible game.

Caporegime
I can feel another period of me quitting the game coming on. The arty changes seems to be a massive buff, overall, and it's killing my experience in HTs particularly. I led my KV85 in a fantastic defence of a map section, really played my heart out and it difficult for the enemy tanks to take me out. I was taken out by artillery (11 hits). EXTREMELY annoying because there was not a single thing I could do about it. World of Tanks - never has there been a better terrible game.

Two games in a row last night I wasn't destroyed but had my crew taken out.

Soldato
Had a rewarding couple of games. First was finally getting a decent win in the Skoda T24. Ended up out playing a M4 to win the 1v1. He then proceeded to throw insults and hate at me in messages after the game. Sad.

Managed to get an SPG mission done (lots of stuns required). Basically I spent the whole game trying NOT to kill tanks, but just to stun them. Stupid.

Ho-Hum.

Most enjoyed tank at the moment is the O-Ni. Derping never gets old.

Soldato
Just can't take it anymore.....

School holidays - sheesh.

Last battle summed it up. T10, I was in my STRV103-0 had done 4500 damage, still on daily double.

It ended up our arty, an afk T54-ltwt still in our cap 'vs' a low HP Waffenträger auf Pz. IV.

Our arty suicided - he put his drooling face against a rock and suicided. HE HAD A FLAMING SPOTTER. HE HAD A SPOTTER !

All he needed to do was to splash the woffle and win.

The woffle rocked up, took 3 shots to kill ltwt the arty would have had best part of 30 seconds to line up the shot.

I almost died. So so so frustrating.

I asked him by message afterwards why, and he said no point in arty when you are last one alive. I pointed out that the ltwt would have spotted for him and he just replied "lol".

Now I know people play for different reasons, but still.

I think I'm going to play in the evenings when the 8 year olds have gone to bed.

Yep, sounds about right.

To be fair to the idiot kids though, there are many idiots who play this game all year round. One of my major gripes is when you continuously seem to get all the idiots, all of the time.

I haven't even brought myself to load the game up this week. Been playing more Left 4 Dead 2, need to try Playerunknown Battlegrounds out too.

Soldato
This is my main issue with the MM. It pays no attention at all to the win rates of individual players.

This results in many games that are totally unbalanced. One team has all <50%, the other has all >50%. The result is 19/20 a rofflestomp. It's no fun for anyone, not even the winning team.

Share out the idiots. Assemble the 30 players, Sort by tank type, then sub sort by win rate or WG rating or something. Then deal them into teams. The result would be far more ~50% games. These are the ones we all want to play, these are the ones the produce the tense gameplay that I enjoy.

I would also love to see WG weight complaints. Use the number of 'battle buddy' awards with win-rate to sort out the serious players and just review their complaints manually. The community is just so toxic there is no way I would let my 10 year old play the game.

Soldato
I'd like them to remove the wn8 xvm part as many times before a match has even began some dope whinges about how loaded one team is and decides to not bother even trying to win or afk's.

If you couldn't see these stats before the game maybe more players would just get on with the match without conceding from the get go, you could show the wn8 on the result screen.

Soldato
I'd like them to remove the wn8 xvm part as many times before a match has even began some dope whinges about how loaded one team is and decides to not bother even trying to win or afk's.

If you couldn't see these stats before the game maybe more players would just get on with the match without conceding from the get go, you could show the wn8 on the result screen.

I maintain that XVM is usefull. Forget win %age. I liek to know if the tank I'm next to will do the 'right thing'. His XVM colour tells me just that.

I totally realise that an 80% lose is also a 1:5 win chance. But I don't want to rely on a team mate that is a 42% IS7. The chances of him/her doing the right thing is tiny.

I played several games today with my XVM stats not showing as they needed to be activated. I was totally able at the end of the match to guess who were the good and poor players by remembering what they had done in game.

Anything that gives me a (legal) edge is welcome.

Soldato
Getting sick of WoT.. I've played since Beta and in Beta. I don't have much time to play and sometimes that time is literally 15 minutes.

Lights.. Leopard - 3400+ battles (yes!), SPIC, RU251
TD: IKV103 (this is actually fun), B90 just attempting to get the last gun.
Arty: Pz.Sfl IVb

Handle: NickK

Soldato
I asked him by message afterwards why, and he said no point in arty when you are last one alive. I pointed out that the ltwt would have spotted for him and he just replied "lol".

Hmm my favourite memory is a light tank being airborne thinking my arty doesn't do close range.. wrong it's was a clay pidgeon shoot .. and later another .. got a medal with both being <50m kills.

Soldato
My fave moments....

First Kolobanov sweating buckets heart rate pounding. Great moment.

My all time best ever game 2900 base XP. Still can't believe I don't have the replay

My first blind scumbag one shot. Killed a Jag Tiger 22 seconds into the game he raged so hard

Soldato
I can't remember my favourite moment but it was in my beloved Hellcat and ended in 11 kills. Aww yiss!

I've actually had two good days on WoT, I don't know what's going on...

FTM

FTM

Soldato
a question for any users if british tank destroyers

is it worth moving from achilles to the challenger..I am struggling to see the real benefits

the achilles isnt sprightly, but its not terribly slow, it has the same top gun as challenger...just seems to me you just end up in a higher tier mm for no real benefit?

a question for any users if british tank destroyers

is it worth moving from achilles to the challenger..I am struggling to see the real benefits

the achilles isnt sprightly, but its not terribly slow, it has the same top gun as challenger...just seems to me you just end up in a higher tier mm for no real benefit?

Not directly, but it's a stepping stone towards the Charioteer. Plus it is scheduled to get a buff soon apparently.

Currently with the stuffed up MM though tier 8 is not really any fun to play so meh.

Soldato
I liked the challenger a lot personally. The gun might not have crazy pen but it's very reliable and the chassis is extremely mobile. The Charioteer I didn't get on with at first but after learning not to trust it's camo it went quite well too. I just need to buy the Conway now.

Associate
Can anyone explain why one day (Monday) I am a 67% win rate player, 27 games great fun and fab often very fair match making... all goes well and the next day (Today), same tank selection I am 2 wins from 10 and bottom tier in most of them??:confused::eek::(

Firstly, thank you to all who continue to post in this tread, I find it cathartic to have other share my frustration and joy with this terrible game.

It can lift your spirits to heights of elation with heart pounding exhilaration when battles are "fairly matched" and you can manoeuvre and contribute, be it a win or loss in the end.
Then drop you to the floor and wish you had never installed it with 15-0 drubbings, players who have less intelligence than a 1940's pocket watch and maps so poorly designed it makes you want to rage quit as soon it loads.

It drives me insane.:rolleyes:

Associate
Can anyone explain why one day (Monday) I am a 67% win rate player, 27 games great fun and fab often very fair match making... all goes well and the next day (Today), same tank selection I am 2 wins from 10 and bottom tier in most of them??:confused::eek::(

Firstly, thank you to all who continue to post in this tread, I find it cathartic to have other share my frustration and joy with this terrible game.

It can lift your spirits to heights of elation with heart pounding exhilaration when battles are "fairly matched" and you can manoeuvre and contribute, be it a win or loss in the end.
Then drop you to the floor and wish you had never installed it with 15-0 drubbings, players who have less intelligence than a 1940's pocket watch and maps so poorly designed it makes you want to rage quit as soon it loads.

It drives me insane.:rolleyes:

Some days can be terrible. I can only really play later in the evenings and its a bit of a lottery then but on the odd chance i get to have a go earlier in the day i find i have great games.

Currently grinding up the French TD line for the 155, half way through the Amx 48 but also have 210K free XP so i should be ok before the patch comes out.

Back
Top Bottom