****** Official World of Tanks OcUK Clan ******

Soldato
Yeah I'd rather have that as my situational tank as I play very little of my Rhm and have no interest for tanks after that including the Grille. In fact I seem to be losing interest in a lot of tanks lines quickly, the way the meta is, it's just about whatever the last tanks that got overbuffed in the patch.

Soldato
Yup. The way maps have changed make heaps of tanks redundant. Camo tanks especially suffer from the daft number of city maps. We need maps where vision is still important but there are so so few of them now.

Those awesome games where a well played light tank could win a game are so few and far between.

I still reckon the game was at its best balance wise just before the change when HTs stopped being the only t10s.

Caporegime
Yup. The way maps have changed make heaps of tanks redundant. Camo tanks especially suffer from the daft number of city maps. We need maps where vision is still important but there are so so few of them now.

Those awesome games where a well played light tank could win a game are so few and far between.

I still reckon the game was at its best balance wise just before the change when HTs stopped being the only t10s.

Basically the best options now are heavily armoured high alpha brawlers.

Basically russians. It's almost...almost like there's some kind of bias.

Soldato
Yeah the days when Jagdtiger and the like were absolute behemoths that could only be taken down when flanked.
YES!

A T10 HT angled doing it's job whilst a fast Med could flank round. No proliferation of stupid gold ammo (cos it actually cost gold).

All of this on a non corridor open map that rewarded team play and proper camo use.

Ok I know the above is best case. But it's better when daft tanks just press the 2 key and make armour useless.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well we've had the Chinese T8 TD also with the 9.20 patch which isn't exactly a slouch and French one will probably be next. To be fair there's a very big number of future premiums in the pipeline already as we already know WG have gone cash grab mode since introducing Scorpion G, when they realised (unsurprisingly) that selling arguably better premium tanks that beat regular ones is a huge money maker.

EDIT: Ikv 103 is still a deplorable and useless piece of **** tank. I really don't understand why they only gave it HUGELY unreliable HEAT ammo.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well, be happy to know that new Soviet medium T8 premium will be released in next few days too then although this isn't a dummy foolproof OP beast at least. Still very capable if you know what you're doing but on a pricey side so probably not going to be a huge seller.

Have to say though the T-34 85M is quickly becoming one of my favourites at the moment, just a great all rounder with fantastic DPM and doing well as my crew trainer for T-54 and soon to be Object 140.

Actually enjoying the AMX 30 Prot too after the changes, DPM monster and turret actually bouncing relatively well but do miss the shell velocity, throws me off as I normally play the Ravioli and Centurion 7/1 before it. Also appears I've become a filthy seal clubber, finally investing into more light tank trees so dusted off my Pz. 38H to get Sixth Sense on the commander. Armour isn't anywhere near as good as back in the days due to new guns but with the knowledge of the game against new fodder it feels filthy to play, even got a Kolobanov's in it the other day.

Soldato
I can barely afford to run my T9 tanks on regular ammo, nevermind premium!

With the buffed Japanese and the new German monstrosities I'm not surprised if there is, it's absolutely stupid that the German VK1000 something, can survive shots flush on the side from a lot of T8 guns out there. Then the weakspot free tanks like the Defender where some of the best 226mm pen guns on other T8 can't even penetrate lower plate.

Sometimes you are literally faced with a dilemma of having to use premium ammo on weakspot free tanks or potentially losing the game. It's as if it is WG's plan all along.

Soldato
Okay all point at laugh at me, I bought an STG !!!!

Damn it's a fun tank, the accuracy is silly good as it's basically a point click damage dealing sniper.

It's quite mobile but feels heavy but that gun is superb, I haven't had to shoot a single prem round yet and even in top tier battles you still feel useful.

Soldato
Amazing how the game can go from, "yeah I feel like it matters what I do in this round" to, "seriously why is MM for such a huge game from a now one of the highest earning companies in the world such a pile of ****" in a space of a few days. I'd go back to real life if I wanted everything I do feel futile :p

Soldato
I've just had a run of about 12 straight losses. Many of which had large numbers of afk players on my side only. Ok I'm a bad player but I have terrible luck in the MM. Iwonder if I had a premium account would it be better.

Associate
I've just had a run of about 12 straight losses. Many of which had large numbers of afk players on my side only. Ok I'm a bad player but I have terrible luck in the MM. Iwonder if I had a premium account would it be better.
Probably Premium account would not help, I logged on yesterday morning, 4 straight losses and I quit the game for the day...it does that sometimes...and I am not sure why.
I am not a great player (54% Win rate) and 22K games, but there are spells where you can't buy a win no matter how hard you carry, and others where you can't fail to win....no doubt I will log on tonight and be a 67% WR

Soldato
It reversed last night. Far less AFK. I think a run of all wins, only a couple of losses. I also changed tactic.Got fed up of getting no support from the rest of the team. So many campers.
So I hung back waiting for others to bleed health from the other team before getting involved. Though I did get team killed by in one game by the campers because I stayed beside them.
Though even in that one I made a decent profit and we won.

I've probably been too aggressive against better skilled players, and P2W players spamming all gold.

Back
Top Bottom